How do you put on your bra?

Fragile Bird

Just now, Buckwheat said:

I forbid you to send anything similar to that in as a pictionary sentence. It should be up there on the list of forbidden things, alongside Harry Potter's wand and horny bears.

I don't need to send that in.  My imagination has already done its very very worst.   Also I love you too much to be that cruel.  I wouldn't even send it in as "the Woman......."  Cos you and I would both know, and it would be uncomfortable for the both of us.

Depends on the bra and if I am sore or not.  Usually, for regular bras, I hook behind, but if my back is sore, I hook in front and spin. My sports bras I hook in front and spin.  I sometimes sleep in a sports bra.  I sometimes find it more comfortable, particularly if I am menstrual.  I wear a different bra almost every day, but I will have several wearings before I wash them (in summer more frequently).

23 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Apparently the question, how do you put on your bra, is a very controversial and heated topic elsewhere on social media. 

The two main contenders are, by putting on the bra and then reaching around your back to hook it closed, or, by hooking it in front and then turning the bra around. 

Minor variations include hooking it up then stepping into it and pulling it up, or hooking it up and pulling it over your head, down into place. Those seem awkward.

i used to do either of the two first, but now I just use the hook it in front method. Making bras with the hooks in front seems sensible, but only popular with for nursing mothers.

What do you do?

Seems we need to talk about something for 7 more days, right?

Your OP sounded familiar but i couldnt place why, then remembered Sarah Millican brings it up in her stand up. Sure she is in Canada at the momentactually...

18 hours ago, Pebble said:

I used to hook it up in front and spin round as my mother taught me.  Now I just just find it easyer to hook up behind.  Quiet regularly inside out, only to work out why it was so uncomfortable when I take it off.

I think the more interesting question is, when do you normally take it off, and how.

For me it's often one of the first items of clothes I remove, pulling it out via my sleeves.  Normally  after dinner, but a few hours before bed.  Unless I have company of course, husband don't count.

Yep, bra off as soon as possible. My boobs are small though so its barely even noticeable

On 4/8/2019 at 11:33 AM, Datepalm said:

I can go either way re taking it off - sometime its off five minutes after I'm home, some days its the most comfortable thing ever and I have to remind myself to not fall asleep in it (often the same bra*)

*oh why lie. I have one bra.

Actually - here's a bra question: how many bras do you have that are in real daily rotation?

Oooh! This is an excellent question! Jace has the following items in circulation. At home and when lounging I generally do a yoga bra, it works for me and I've got a black, a pink, and a white. I can get away with doing a razorback at work if I know I'm just doing administrative stuff, I have three of these. Then if I'm putting on my working shoes I've got two really nice every day bras. And I have two strapless bras and a sexy ass piece of lingerie set that would fall to pieces if I put clothing over it. I've worn the three of those maybe four times ever combined.

On 4/8/2019 at 1:19 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Apparently the question, how do you put on your bra, is a very controversial and heated topic elsewhere on social media. 

The two main contenders are, by putting on the bra and then reaching around your back to hook it closed, or, by hooking it in front and then turning the bra around. 

First one, the most difficult one, but I'm accustomed to it.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:21 PM, Buckwheat said:

Re: Pebble's question, I normally remove it when I come home and mostly don't wear it at home. If I don't remove the shirt first, then open it on the back, fiddle with the straps inside the sleeves so the straps fall down, and then pull it out in front of my neck.

Who knew there was a possible argument here?

I do the same..

On 4/10/2019 at 12:57 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

Slip arms through the loops and do it up at the back!! That’s the only way I’ve ever done it and probably the only way I ever will lol! I didn’t even know there WERE another options :lol: 

Ditto. Though I've got a sports bra with four hooks that's tricky to do up; I should try the turning option for that one!

On 4/9/2019 at 3:56 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

Oooh! This is an excellent question! Jace has the following items in circulation. At home and when lounging I generally do a yoga bra, it works for me and I've got a black, a pink, and a white. I can get away with doing a razorback at work if I know I'm just doing administrative stuff, I have three of these. Then if I'm putting on my working shoes I've got two really nice every day bras. And I have two strapless bras and a sexy ass piece of lingerie set that would fall to pieces if I put clothing over it. I've worn the three of those maybe four times ever combined.

Is there a difference between sports bras and yoga bras? 

23 minutes ago, felice said:

Ditto. Though I've got a sports bra with four hooks that's tricky to do up; I should try the turning option for that one!

I have a really nice supportive bra with four hooks that’s a bit of a bugger but I’ve mastered that one now as well! 

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Is there a difference between sports bras and yoga bras? 

Well in my experience sports bras compress, while the latter just kinda tells your tits "hey! Quit fucking around, I still got shit to do today!"

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Well in my experience sports bras compress, while the latter just kinda tells your tits "hey! Quit fucking around, I still got shit to do today!"

You're a modern day Thomas Jefferson, Jace.

I've always put them on then hooked it behind my back, never really given much thought to other options.

I don't always wear one though, I was obviously at the back of the queue when God was handing out boobs :(.

I prefer front hook bras if I can find them. Otherwise I mostly front hook and spin - unless I just get out of the shower, then it's hook in the back. I find it doesn't spin well when I'm damp. I have short arms, so it's more comfortable to hook in front.

If I'm wearing an underwire - that gets changed out almost immediately when I get home. I don't get uncomfortable from lack of support, but from chafing, so I tend to prefer something to nothing. Sometimes I will sleep in a bra, but mostly not. I look for cheap sports-type bras to lounge in - you know, the uniboob ones with no real support but keeps things more or less in place.

And yes, I did learn how to remove a bra from Flashdance and use it to this day. I also learned the somewhat similar process of how to change pull-over shirts in broad daylight from my softball days (changing from home to away shirts at tournaments) 

Who in fuck's sake decided that these infernal and difficult-to-deal-with hooks had to be the system in the first place?

an ancillary issue at the first ecumenical council at nicaea in 325, the question of whether mastos is homoousios with physis (therefore rendering tightly bound harnesses superfluous as a matter of doctrine), or is by irreducible contrast homoiousios (necessitating extracorporeal joinder and thus compelling doctrine to coincide without remainder with the real), came to the acute attention of the delegates.  after much debate, the decision was taken in favor of the latter position when the adherents of the former were declared heretics and made subject to the writ de haeretico comburendo, to the continuing horror and abject frustration of maladroit mastoi handlers throughout the course of world history.

4 hours ago, sologdin said:

Who in fuck's sake decided that these infernal and difficult-to-deal-with hooks had to be the system in the first place?

an ancillary issue at the first ecumenical council at nicaea in 325, the question of whether mastos is homoousios with physis (therefore rendering tightly bound harnesses superfluous as a matter of doctrine), or is by irreducible contrast homoiousios (necessitating extracorporeal joinder and thus compelling doctrine to coincide without remainder with the real), came to the acute attention of the delegates.  after much debate, the decision was taken in favor of the latter position when the adherents of the former were declared heretics and made subject to the writ de haeretico comburendo, to the continuing horror and abject frustration of maladroit mastoi handlers throughout the course of world history.

Don't give me this dreck. Constantine called the council as part of a political ploy to outlaw yoga pants. You fool!

15 hours ago, Triskele said:

Who in fuck's sake decided that these infernal and difficult-to-deal-with hooks had to be the system in the first place?  Asking for a friend. 

The double hooks are cruel. We men are simple creators, and cannot handle such complications.

13 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Don't give me this dreck. Constantine called the council as part of a political ploy to outlaw yoga pants. You fool!

Send Constantine to the guillotine then! 

3 hours ago, The Mance said:

Apparently* not.

*cringy subject, but sfw HuffPo article with no images

Oh that happens to everyone. :P

My mom's favorite childhood story is recalling the time her brother slammed his package in a dresser drawer. 

2 hours ago, The guy from the Vale said:

@Tywin et al.I have gotten quite adept at opening them, by men's standards. I have amazed quite a few hookups with my ability to pull it off in reasonable time. Improve your gane! ;)

Gane? Do you mean gain? Are you trying to suggest that I need to workout my fingers more?

You sicken me. 

Archived