Books v TV series

riffwraith

Hi :)

For those, like me, who have never read any of the books....

1. How close to the book(s) is the TV series? Not talking about dialogue, but the story in general. Really close, or did the series deviate a bit? Is it like LOTR, where there is just so much material, a lot had to be left out, or is the series light by only a minimal amount?

2. Were all the books written before the series began? Or was GRRM writing books while the show was on the air?

3. As we haven't seen the ending of the series yet, this might be premature, but does anyone know if it will follow the book? If it does, then some of you know how everything ends, I would imagine?

I'll limit my answer. Four books were published prior to the TV series. The fifth book came out relatively early in the TV series (after season 2?). Two more books are planned, but the TV series has advanced beyond the published books.

Discussing the TV show is not generally accepted in the book forum, so I won't speculate on your questions. Referring to the wikipedia for the Show, and the wikipedia for the the Books will broadly answer your questions...

Cheers

Archived