The Tower Of Joy - 3 vs 3

Bronn Urgandy

So as we know from the novels, Neddard Stark travelled to Dorne to get his sister from whatever fate she had befallen, somehow Ned and his 6 companions found out they needed to get to the Tower Of Joy, what followed there was alelegedly a brutal and largely unnecessary bloody encounter between Neds war weary 7 and three of Aerys’ finest, leaving only 2 survivors in what must be the most pointless exchange of swordplay since Mercutio met his end.

But enough of the morals of that, pick 3 men from the side of the rebels you’d rather see face down those famous 3.

My picks - Walder Frey, the late Lord Frey would be keen to to atone for his tardiness to the Trident, a born survivor, he’d surely cause enough carnage to match the average Westerosi wedding.

Roose Bolton - A man difficult to intimidate, held Ser Barristan of the Kingsguard at his mercy, about to slit his throat until Robert Baratheon intervened to show him mercy, rumours that the battle was already over and Barristan grievously wounded are over exaggerated.

Hosted Tully - bravely put entire villages to the sword, singlehandedly

3 hours ago, FitzChivalry Fartseer said:

So as we know from the novels, Neddard Stark travelled to Dorne to get his sister from whatever fate she had befallen, somehow Ned and his 6 companions found out they needed to get to the Tower Of Joy, what followed there was alelegedly a brutal and largely unnecessary bloody encounter between Neds war weary 7 and three of Aerys’ finest, leaving only 2 survivors in what must be the most pointless exchange of swordplay since Mercutio met his end.

But enough of the morals of that, pick 3 men from the side of the rebels you’d rather see face down those famous 3.

My picks - Walder Frey, the late Lord Frey would be keen to to atone for his tardiness to the Trident, a born survivor, he’d surely cause enough carnage to match the average Westerosi wedding.

Roose Bolton - A man difficult to intimidate, held Ser Barristan of the Kingsguard at his mercy, about to slit his throat until Robert Baratheon intervened to show him mercy, rumours that the battle was already over and Barristan grievously wounded are over exaggerated.

Whoa those would result in a massacre.  The 3 KGs wanted to die.  They had no wish to live after their king, the man they swore their lives to protect, was murdered.  It was their wish to join their king in death.  This is not strange when you consider the relationship between a khal and his bloodriders.  They go down when he goes down. 

Walder is a lover not a fighter.  He's an intelligent guy who doesn't waste his time with swordplay.  And he has nothing to be ashamed of at the trident.  The rebels were fighting against their king.  He delayed to avoid having to get involved in the foolish and treasonous actions of the Tullys.  Hoster Tully is a bad man.  He destroyed the Goodbrooke village because the family stayed loyal to Aerys.  I do not blame Goodbrooke for his participation in the Red Wedding.   

Okay so I'm not entirely sure how serious OP is being here.

7 hours ago, FitzChivalry Fartseer said:

Since we don't know what happened we can't really say it was pointless/unnecessary can we?

70 year old Walder Frey?

Based on what?

You can't actually think this?

Regardless, if I was actually going to pick three people to face off against the KG three then it would have to be Jaime, Gregor and Robert. Apart from maybe Yohn Royce they're really the only three I can imagine having any success.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, Lord Vance II said:

Any of the rebels?

Robert Baratheon v. any of the 3 would be an epic matchup

Stannis Baratheon - the matchup of the True Steel and the pure Iron would be fantastic. 

Jaime Lannister - He counted as a rebel at this point, right?

While I am sure his haters would love to wrongly disagree, I do believe that Stannis is capable of brutalising all but Westeros’ most elite warriors, that said, against any of Aerys’ 3 I fear all he could do is survive long enough that when he did get cut down Robert would have dealt with whoever he was against to keep the odds even

Archived