Pod-Emperor Acknowledged At Last

mormont

Arguably this article doesn't belong in this forum but I'm using moderator privilege, because not only does the article prominently feature the site as a whole, it begins and ends with the public being exposed at last to a man whose legend simply cannot be confined.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/4/10/18303839/how-game-of-thrones-became-the-last-piece-of-monoculture

Butler doesn’t quite recall when he became God Emperor of the Brotherhood Without Banners.

The greatest opening line in history.

Thanks for posting this, many interesting details about the history of the board.

However, I don't undertstand how there can be an entire article starting and ending with Pod, and not one mention of blaming him ...

41 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks for posting this, many interesting details about the history of the board.

However, I don't undertstand how there can be an entire article starting and ending with Pod, and not one mention of blaming him ...

well that is Pods fault.

Hopefully with Pod's blessing I'm piggybacking on this thread.

I just wrote an article about ASOIAF and GOT for my column with my local paper.

Whether we're satisfied with it or not, this last season of the show marks the closing a chapter for us.

I tried in the words I'm allotted to give my personal take on the books, TV show, this forum, GRRM, the long history we've had, and the crazy popularity.

This is the article:
https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/opinion/columnists/2019/04/15/game-thrones-bittersweet-end-fantasy-world/3472422002/

On 4/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, drawkcabi said:

I tried in the words I'm allotted to give my personal take on the books, TV show, this forum, GRRM, the long history we've had, and the crazy popularity.

This is the article:
https://www.delmarvanow.com/story/opinion/columnists/2019/04/15/game-thrones-bittersweet-end-fantasy-world/3472422002/

Enjoyed the article, nice write up!

On 4/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, drawkcabi said:

Hopefully with Pod's blessing I'm piggybacking on this thread.

I just wrote an article about ASOIAF and GOT for my column with my local paper.

Whether we're satisfied with it or not, this last season of the show marks the closing a chapter for us.

This is the article:

Very good article. I must say though this is the first time I've come across the idea that perhaps GRRM thinks his "muse" has deserted him and that he may deliberately may not finish the series, instead of just pulling a Robert Jordan and dying before he does. Though as it's been years since I've read any posts outside of the Miscellaneous section on this site, perhaps most of you all have run across that speculation before. 

11 hours ago, Ormond said:

Very good article. I must say though this is the first time I've come across the idea that perhaps GRRM thinks his "muse" has deserted him and that he may deliberately may not finish the series, instead of just pulling a Robert Jordan and dying before he does. Though as it's been years since I've read any posts outside of the Miscellaneous section on this site, perhaps most of you all have run across that speculation before. 

Thanks!

That's my assessment of the situation. Between what I know about GRRM, and my own personal experience with writing...compared to GRRM who's in the major league, I'm not even in the minors but little league, but I know what it's like to be in the zone with a story and feeling that I'll be finished in a matter of weeks, if not, days, then all of sudden to run into a brick wall. Then trying to force myself to keep going but can't because i feel I'm doing injustice to the story compared to when I was inspired.

I think GRRM would love to finish the series for himself and the fans and instead of deliberately not finishing rather he's trying to rediscover that inspiration before he does.

Just my take though.

If George doesn't finish them, hopefully someone will after he's gone (and hopefully that someone will be more Daniel Abraham than Brandon Sanderson). Thinking about it, I'd be amazed if there wasn't some kind of contingency already in place. 

I feel like a heretic but if Pod were really God Emperor would his airport have sent Chloe's bags on to Paris?

Mormont should stop spreading the fake news though because that article didnt blame Pod for nothin.

Archived