Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Book spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode in relation to the books, and with reference to spoilers from them.

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

Edited by Ran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I'm liking all the episode so far.

 

Especially the little bit where Arya stands up for Sansa. It's a come-back from "You're the strongest person I know" with "She's the smartest person I know"

 

Stark sisters being a pack and getting along is my drug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tinae1981 said:

Ok - love all the dragons scenes but WHERE IS GHOST????

That was a fun scene but holy shit Jon must've been hanging on for dear life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did jon seriously just went and rode a dragon?

Like can everybody ride dragons now? 

what was the point of leaving the creepy kid stuck on the castle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, not much happening here?

I have to say, I was much happier with the Jon and Arya reunion than I could have possibly imagined being.  I'll give them that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Wow, not much happening here?

 

The episode was enjoyable (to me) but it was totally mostly set up. Which is a shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My laptop broke down right when the group rode into the Winterfell yard and then it didn't load again for 11 minutes.. drove me crazy! Will watch those again now, I'm guessing the Jon-Arya reunion took place during those!

Otherwise, I didn't expect Jon to be told who he is already. Sam's reluctance (him "hiding") was probably broken down when he heard that Daenerys burned his father and Dickon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, divica said:

what was the point of leaving the creepy kid stuck on the castle?

Seems to be pointing to the idea that there is more at play here than simply the Night King killing all the humans.  They have some sort of goal beyond simple murder, else why leave a message on the wall?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fire is coming said:

My laptop broke down right when the group rode into the Winterfell yard and then it didn't load again for 11 minutes.. drove me crazy! Will watch those again now, I'm guessing the Jon-Arya reunion took place during those!

Otherwise, I didn't expect Jon to be told who he is already. Sam's reluctance (him "hiding") was probably broken down when he heard that Daenerys burned his father and Dickon.

I felt soooo  bad for Sam right there. But I do like the question he asked Jon at the end re: Jon giving up his crown and would Dany do the same. It really made me think. Like not to hate on Dany but she's been so focused on the crown and Iron Throne as an end result that I'm not sure if she would do the same.

But man. Poor Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, briantw said:

Seems to be pointing to the idea that there is more at play here than simply the Night King killing all the humans.  They have some sort of goal beyond simple murder, else why leave a message on the wall?  

by message you mean a creepy siimbol that nobody knows the meaning?

Do you think we will have people trying to learn a language in 2 or 3 eps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, divica said:

by message you mean a creepy siimbol that nobody knows the meaning?

Do you think we will have people trying to learn a language in 2 or 3 eps?

Well, I think it was simply meant to remind us that the Others aren't just mindlessly seeking to kill all the living.  There is something or someone in particular they are after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I felt soooo  bad for Sam right there. But I do like the question he asked Jon at the end re: Jon giving up his crown and would Dany do the same. It really made me think. Like not to hate on Dany but she's been so focused on the crown and Iron Throne as an end result that I'm not sure if she would do the same.

But man. Poor Sam. 

I find it hard to believe that Sam wouldn't know about his dad and brother being gone after all this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the episode have a title? I missed it, if it did, and I just re-watched the opening credits, still didn't see anything.

Speaking of the opening credits, interesting, interesting. I liked them. Might as well condense the map, it's not like travel time ever mattered.

I liked all the reunions, especially Arya and Jon.

Didn't like Jon just hopping on Rhaegal. Those dragons really do need saddles. Where is Ghost? Dragons eat him?

Not sure why Sam starting tearing up at hearing his dad's dead. I understand the brother, but there wasn't any kind of redemption possible between father and son, and he was treated horribly all his life. I suppose Sam is just a gentle soul.

It was nice for Sam to drop the bomb on Jon in the crypts, with Lyanna's statue in the background, but the whole thing was a bit rushed.

I liked that they remembered that Winterfell has a winter town, and finally someone is worried about army supplies. A little too late, though.

Yara's rescue was ridiculously easy. Black ops Greyjoy. I suppose they needed to devote more time between the meaningless Euron-Cersei banter, than create some real challenge there. 

The part at the end was fucking scary. Another house bites the dust. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

Anyone else notice the call back to the first episode?

I feel there was too much of callback. The music was the same, the lineup, complimenting Sansa up to ending with Jaime and Bran. It should have felt more circular, more up to point... I feel that they just chose to do it that way, without thinking it through...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×