Rant and Rave Thread

teemo

Lots, I suppose, Sansa is cleverer than Tyrion, who can't quit making tedious jokes about Varys. I don't dispute that Sansa is clever, it's just that the show doesn't really show us and relies on telling us. And when Sansa says last season 'I'm a slow learner, but I do learn' it kind of contradicts Arya saying'she's the smartest girl I know'. It's very inconsistent. I kind of hated how snippy Sansa was when she asked 'what do dragons eat, anyway?' It's a valid concern, but this is not the Sansa I know who wields courtesy as her weapon and shield. 

The reunions lacked any real emotion. That disappointed me. 

"Sansa is like totally the smartest person I've ever met."

- person whose education topped out in elementary school and has encountered a variety of intelligent people but wouldn't know it because she's emotionally disturbed and mentally deranged. 

Enough with shoving Sansa's supposed cleverness down our throats, show. It's based on nothing and is just annoying at this point. 

On the bright side, aside from her newfound respect for Sansa (an upgrade from threatening to wear her face), Arya is acting more like a human being these days. 

7 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I kind of hated how snippy Sansa was when she asked 'what do dragons eat, anyway?' It's a valid concern

Is it? Last season, they were shown flying up and down almost the whole continent in a very short span of time. I don't see why they couldn't fly South for lunch and be back in time for afternoon tea. 

Ugh. Where do I begin? I've been hate-watching the show since season 4 tbh, and I don't know what happened but since then I've been cringing on every episode.

Sansa and Dany power-struggle/tension/pettiness was so unnecessary. Since when Sansa became this super leader? Oh yeah we know she got "empowered"...

It was all petty af, enough to make me cringe.

7 minutes ago, HungLikeHodor said:

Wasn't it snowing in King's Landing when Jamie left?! Now, it's a beautiful day.

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  Last season they showed snow in the Dragon Pit.  At least have everyone dressed in warmer clothes.

Also, did we really need to see Bronn with the three whores?

Question - was Gendry working dragonglass like he would steel? I guess dragonglass is different than obsidian, but ... wouldn't it be better to just make an obsidian edge rather than a whole axe blade? When unloading, Gendry said they needed all of it they brought, so now he's wasting it on a non-edge part of the weapon? 

3 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Question - was Gendry working dragonglass like he would steel? I guess dragonglass is different than obsidian, but ... wouldn't it be better to just make an obsidian edge rather than a whole axe blade? When unloading, Gendry said they needed all of it they brought, so now he's wasting it on a non-edge part of the weapon? 

Agreed. Obsidian isn't a metal, so makes no sense to have it being "forged".

The reunions were too rushed. Some were OK but I thought they could have had more emotional pull.  In saying that I did like when Jaime saw Bran. The look on his face was priceless. 

10 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I don't dispute that Sansa is clever, it's just that the show doesn't really show us and relies on telling us. And when Sansa says last season 'I'm a slow learner, but I do learn' it kind of contradicts Arya saying'she's the smartest girl I know'. It's very inconsistent. I kind of hated how snippy Sansa was when she asked 'what do dragons eat, anyway?' It's a valid concern, but this is not the Sansa I know who wields courtesy as her weapon and shield. 

I agree with this 100%. I'm not sure what it is that Sansa in the show has done to make Arya think she is the smartest person she knows. Maybe it was off screen? Not sure. 

I love Sansa in the books (and Arya) she isn't my favourite character but she is in my top 5. I don't like snippy Sansa either. 

I can see book Sansa getting a bit colder and leaner more towards the old Kings in the North, but I don't think she'd be as snarky. 

I really miss the direwolves. I can't remember if Daenerys has seen Ghost yet? I think not? It would have been good if she'd got to meet him. A nice contrast to Jon riding Rheagal. 

I'm glad this thread is here because apparently I need to vent a little.

Cersei lampshading the missing elephants pissed me off. It was so blatantly fan-service and the only reason we were expecting / hoping for elephants is because Cersei mentioned it last season. If you know you're not going to use elephants, then maybe don't write it in the dialogue only to say PSYCH! to the fans next season.

1 minute ago, Isildur's Mane said:

The reunions were too rushed. Some were OK but I thought they could have had more emotional pull.  In saying that I did like when Jaime saw Bran. The look on his face was priceless. 

Agreed. They lacked punch and they were all just ok, sadly. Jaime and Bran on the other hand, that had some weight behind it.

14 minutes ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  Last season they showed snow in the Dragon Pit.  At least have everyone dressed in warmer clothes.

Also, did we really need to see Bronn with the three whores?

I think  that  TPTB felt it was a cute throwback to the first Tyrion scene, but it was a tedious reminder that they felt the need to throw in unnecessary nudity before they realized they would get a strong fan base 

Archived