Rant and Rave Thread

teemo

The hair thing is annoying, people's hair doesn't change color due to their character development, if they are blonde, they stay blonde unless they go grey.  Both Tyrion and Jamie were very blonde in the first year and they've gotten progressively less blonde to where the last several years they are both brunettes. It's stupid. 

10 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Didn't watch the video, but Sam's out of the running due to his vows so age wouldn't matter anyway. I can't remember if Sam mentioned it when he was telling Jon his life story in season 1.

Sam told Jon the whole story. Sam is the eldest son and should have been the heir, but he wasn't manly enough for Randyll, so he was given a choice: go to the Wall or Randyll would have him killed. Randyll says that Sam has given him no cause to be disowned, but he isn't fit to wield Heartsbane. 

Sam makes the comment that after Dickon was born, Randyll didn't care if Sam attended meetings or not, as long as Dickon did. 

On 4/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, Gertrude said:

Green and bronze.

Personally I thought they finally made his color clear. I've had issues with the show differentiating them enough. Sure, there are hints of color for each of them, but they've all been so dark most of the time that you had to look hard to catch their colors. It's not the shade of green I've always envisioned Rhaegal, but he's not black with just hints of green anymore and I'm pretty happy about that.

Agreed, they should have had more distinct colours throughout the show.  In Viserion's death scene, he looked greenish and as it's been ages since I read the books, I actually thought Viserion was the green dragon because of how he looked on the show.

2 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

He also didn't know Sam was a POV, starting to wonder how much of the books he actually read.

He can't remember what he writes in his own show, so, him remembering details from the books is unlikely. 

9 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Ick. I found it. It was Benioff. Fuck him.

Yeah it was Benioff in the behind the scenes thing. I believe in an interview a few years ago that the bunch of them did at Oxford, Benioff didn’t seem to know that Sam was a POV character. I don’t think the guy has read all the books, or he may have skipped through chapters.

Ah, Jerkioff The Arrogant.  Of course he's the one who can't deign to know or remember book (and common sense) details, not to mention the details of his own atrocious writing.  He is the only reason I cannot quite root for the Night King as he looks just like him.  They have the same berky arrogant look on their faces, and it is hard not to think it's intentional.  Maybe I have it wrong, David could just be his evil twin.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

The hair thing is annoying, people's hair doesn't change color due to their character development, if they are blonde, they stay blonde unless they go grey.  Both Tyrion and Jamie were very blonde in the first year and they've gotten progressively less blonde to where the last several years they are both brunettes. It's stupid. 

Well, no, because this happens to many of my blonde relatives.  Maybe not dark brunettes, but no longer what one would say is blonde.  Though having for many years hair that was indeed much lighter than it is now, recoloring back to bright blonde is very easy and doesn't need frequent upkeep -- or so they say!

As much as I hate to defend anything on this travesty of story failure, Jamie could have what I had when I was younger.  I'd have ridiculously bright blonde hair all summer long and then when winter rolled around you'd almost think I had black hair.  Through the years it slowly stopped turning blonde in the summer, and now it's just gray as hell.

Aging sucks, but not as much as sitting through the supposed "dialog" on this weeks episode.

You know, instead of that nonsense with Dany and Sansa being catty, I'd rather see Arya and Dany interact. It would be way more interesting. Was she even introduced to Dany? They didn't care to show.

The writing is so disjointed in this show ffs. And juvenile.

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Not true.

Only true blondes stay blonde until they get old at which point it turns grey and then white (or sometimes, straight to white)

I always took Tyrion's change of hair color to be a sign of aging. Jaime? I didn't notice his hair this season but it seems like a seasonal change (which also happens in real life) because his hair was still pretty blonde in seasons 5 and 6.d

4 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Not true.

Only true blondes stay blonde until they get old at which point it turns grey and then white (or sometimes, straight to white)

I always took Tyrion's change of hair color to be a sign of aging. Jaime? I didn't notice his hair this season but it seems like a seasonal change (which also happens in real life) because his hair was still pretty blonde in seasons 5 and 6.d

All the Lannisters are true blondes.  Jamie's hair is supposed to be golden, like Joff's and Cersei's.  Not the dull, dirty blonde it has been for many seasons.

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

All the Lannisters are true blondes.  Jamie's hair is supposed to be golden, like Joff's and Cersei's.  Not the dull, dirty blonde it has been for many seasons.

Well, all the Starks are skinchangers and Euron is supposed to be a sorcerer.

The showrunners dropped the ball and failed to adapt the important things and/or failed to stay faithful their own adaptation. Join the club.

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, its a pretty important characteristic of the Lannisters... Seems like they could at least get the simple things right... This broken clock of a show isn't even right two times a day. Someone deliberately moves the hands of the clock just when it's about to be right.

22 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, its a pretty important characteristic of the Lannisters... Seems like they could at least get the simple things right... This broken clock of a show isn't even right two times a day. Someone deliberately moves the hands of the clock just when it's about to be right.

Maybe Dinklage and NKW didn't want to have to bleach their hair or wear a wig, but its very strange that they were "Lannister blonde" in the first season, I think the hair was a slightly darker blonde in the 2nd season, and then forget about it, dirty blonde from then on.  Weird.

And dumb, hair color is SO EASY. But, even a super easy detail that they originally had right, they don't care about and gave up on.

3 hours ago, Dragons Are Real said:

As much as I hate to defend anything on this travesty of story failure, Jamie could have what I had when I was younger.  I'd have ridiculously bright blonde hair all summer long and then when winter rolled around you'd almost think I had black hair.  Through the years it slowly stopped turning blonde in the summer, and now it's just gray as hell.

Aging sucks, but not as much as sitting through the supposed "dialog" on this weeks episode.

Ugh, me too. It's really a pain for long hair which can look weirdly two-toned. I didn't notice it until it was pointed out as I live in a blonde heavy area and I'm used to many darkening as winter comes and less time is spent outside. Also, NCW filmed night scenes for over a month I think for the Winterfell battle. :dunno:

3 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Not true.

People mostly of Scandinavian descent stay blond into adulthood. My daughter had white blond hair when she was little and it still turns almost white in summer. The jury is still out on if it's going to change. If it doesn't get darker by the time she's 25, I guess she's keeping it. My grandfather had blond hair till the day he died at the ripe old age of 97.

13 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Guys, guys, we're way over-thinking this whole hair thing.  C'mon!  Jaime finally picked up some Just For KnightsTM hair dye!  He's gettin' a little self-conscious about all that gray hair.  There's really no more to it than that:P

Archived