dany and sansa

starklover

Sansa can sense that the Northern lords are not happy with Jon's decision to bend the knee, and is trying to keep the North together.  I think she's also worried about Jon being hurt by Dany.  But I agree.  Things will get better in episode 2, if that conversation they seem to be having in the episode 2 preview about not trusting Cersei is any indication.

I think it's kind of refreshing that she's not treating Dany as the messiah/magical figure/etc. she tends to get treated as.  But it's definitely causing some tension.

And I can also see why Sansa is feeling the way she is. It makes sense to me. Even Arya agrees and feels similarly to some extent. 

A few of Dany's lines regarding Sansa sounded vaguely threatening though which bothers me.

It just feels like fake tension because it doesn't matter right now. Hash this shit out later, Dany's got dragons and you have a wight problem. Maybe if you survive you can take this up again?

11 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I think this conflict is going to lead to something horrible happening. 

It already has. It's called fake drama. And we are all going to pay dearly for it.

I feel like Sansa challenging Daenerys could be a good learning experience for her.  Sansa isn't Daenerys' enemy and yet she doesn't accept her as queen which is something new to her.  Most of the people critical of Dany have been secretly plotting to kill her and thus easy to brush aside as being bad.  For Sansa, Daenerys will have to learn to actually listen when people disagree with you, and how to win over those who don't instantly like you.  Sadly, Daenerys seems pretty hell bent on her my way or drakarys path to learn this lesson but there's still hope for her.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

I think it's kind of refreshing that she's not treating Dany as the messiah/magical figure/etc. she tends to get treated as.  But it's definitely causing some tension.

1 hour ago, princess brittany said:

dany wants everyone to bow down to her right away. 

30 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

Sadly, Daenerys seems pretty hell bent on her my way or drakarys path to learn this lesson but there's still hope for her.

Sansa and the Northeners feelings are understandable. They feel betrayed by the man they CHOSE as king. But they also need to look at the bigger picture which is what Jon is trying to get them to do.

I think it's a great lesson in humility for Daenerys to not be seen as a saviour and beloved queen as she became accustomed to (although even that depended on who you asked!). It is ironic to me that the people who followed her from Essos chose her to be their queen, but she expects the people of Westeros to just bow down to her because her daddy was king. Hopefully at some point soon she asks herself which is the better way to become a ruler.

I see a lot of people bitching on the net about Sansa but really...why? Sansa is not obligated to offer Dany anything but what she did. She said 'WF is yours' which is according to customs. She doesn't have to like Dany because she doesn't know her.

And why should she like Dany? Did Dany stans blank on the scene where the people of Winter Town/WF are running scared from her dragons and Dany SMIRKS? Is Dany so far up her own ass that she excepts open arms and blind worship wherever she goes? She threatened Sansa to her face and then later again with Jon.

But Sansa is the only bad guy here? The ungrateful bitch? WTF are people smoking?

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I see a lot of people bitching on the net about Sansa but really...why? Sansa is not obligated to offer Dany anything but what she did. She said 'WF is yours' which is according to customs. She doesn't have to like Dany because she doesn't know her.

And why should she like Dany? Did Dany stans blank on the scene where the people of Winter Town/WF are running scared from her dragons and Dany SMIRKS? Is Dany so far up her own ass that she excepts open arms and blind worship wherever she goes? She threatened Sansa to her face and then later again with Jon.

But Sansa is the only bad guy here? The ungrateful bitch? WTF are people smoking?

when did she threatened sansa?

11 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I have to agree, that made me wanna punch her in the face. Particularly because it was just after Jon noticed that she didn't like the serious faces that were "welcoming" her and said something like "I already warned you,  that Northeners don't trust strangers"  . That smirk when the dragons frightened the people was like her saying "if they don't like me, too bad for them"

7 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

That smirk when the dragons frightened the people was like her saying "if they don't like me, too bad for them"

Which is mirrored in how she is with Sansa. Just like she has done since she got them, the dragons have been her 'go to' to intimidate. But sure, she is nothing like her bad ancestors. Or Cersei.

31 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Which is mirrored in how she is with Sansa. Just like she has done since she got them, the dragons have been her 'go to' to intimidate. But sure, she is nothing like her bad ancestors. Or Cersei.

She is nothing like Cersei.

The Wall falls/breaks and an army of undead monsters and ice demons invades the Seven Kindoms...and Cersei smirks and glibly calls it "good." Forget the army of the dead for a moment, let's talk about the effin' Wall! Any highborn adult person in Westeros worth their salt would be deeply unnerved by that.

Frankly, I don't see any difference between Daenerys and Aegon the Conqueror.

Maybe it's just me but I find more and more as the show goes on they're setting up Sansa to becoming some type of major player with a specific large role at the end of all of this. I'm not saying she's going to become Queen or something but I do feel like they're dedicated more time to her, to others noticing her accomplishments, and in general to the idea that she is not only the Lady of Winterfell and therefor a ruler, but a good one at that.

Edit: Whoops I thought this was the Sansa thread

1 hour ago, princess brittany said:

Did Dany stans blank on the scene where the people of Winter Town/WF are running scared from her dragons and Dany SMIRKS

ugggghhhh i didn't notice that but it makes sense in an awful way

18 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

She is nothing like Cersei.

The Wall falls/breaks and an army of undead monsters and ice demons invades the Seven Kindoms...and Cersei smirks and glibly calls it "good." Forget the army of the dead for a moment, let's talk about the effin' Wall! Any highborn adult person in Westeros worth their salt would be deeply unnerved by that.

Frankly, I don't see any difference between Daenerys and Aegon the Conqueror.

And Dany, as the Queen, ok-ed the mission beyond the wall which eventually lead to the NK getting a dragon ad therefor the means to bring the wall down. Dany (+Jon and Tyrion) is the reason the AotD is now in Westeros. I should give her props for that?

And of course there is no difference between her and Aegon. 'Bow to me or be roasted by my dragons.'

18 minutes ago, Pandean said:

ugggghhhh i didn't notice that but it makes sense in an awful way

That was what I wrote lol. How did that end up with a different person's name in your post?

It would be the most UNBELIEVABLE thing to have Sansa head over heels for Dany. Somehow people forget that even Jon had issues with her when he met Dany at Dragonstone in Season 7. He needed some time, so does Sansa... But it seems that fandom is not that forgiving.

Targaryens have history with Starks. They have history with every Northern house. And as for that matter, Vale house. We have heard Royce speaking about Targaryens and how he rememberd the Mad King "all too well". We learned that Glovers decided to stay at home. Like Sansa said in Season 7 "we expect them to fight in the worst winter they have known". So, she was afraid of the consequences a letter to Robb she wrote when she was 11, but Jon somehow remains myopic when it comes to bending the knee to the daughter of a man who was known to burn people left and right. Woman who came at the head of an Army made of foreigners (Northerners have issues with other Westerosi, can you imagine the horror of seeing Dothraki and Unsullied). So Dany and Jon are facing a lot of bad PR and none seems to want to actually do something about that. 

They all understand the danger. After all, they are all there, gates have been opened and Dany marched into WF without a problem. But then she expected obedience, instead of inspiring loyalty. Everything Missandei spoke to Jon about Dany was missing in this episode. She came to Sansa and when faced coldness of Northern welcome, she resorted to "dragons will eat whatever they want" and vague threats made in conversation with Jon.

I suppose that at some point in the next episode these two will sort things out. Sansa, it seems, the only one to understand what danger Cersei represents, much more than Tyrion and others in Dany's court. It seems that, according to trailer, in Episode 2

Spoiler

We see Dany having an eye to eye with Sansa about Cersei. So, it seems she isrealizing that Sansa may prove to be far more useful than she originally believed. 

I am looking forward to see what "ice and fire" queens can do.  Funnily enough, we returned to what Baelish said in the books "The War of Three Queens" :D

Archived