dany and sansa

starklover

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

When did the smallfolk show her any pettiness? Those are the people that ran in fear. While she looked like she was having an orgasm.

If you think that's a woman's O-face, you need to up your game :p

4 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

People see her as a foreign threat, decedent of the mad king. I think humility would benefit her. She doesn't have to give her throne up, but at least the gesture to do what is right for the people I think would do a lot better than this, you must kneel before me stick. 

Ok, but when did she pull the "you must kneel before me stick" that you are referring to? She stopped asking Jon to bend the knee in season 7 and he "chose" to bend the knee willingly. And at no point did she do that to anyone in the north in the first episode. She didnt come in and expect everyone to bow (though she could cause she is in fact their queen). She came in and spoke with respect, a respect that technically she doesnt have to give. 

1 minute ago, Mrmanick1182 said:

Ok, but when did she pull the "you must kneel before me stick" that you are referring to? She stopped asking Jon to bend the knee in season 7 and he "chose" to bend the knee willingly. And at no point did she do that to anyone in the north in the first episode. She didnt come in and expect everyone to bow (though she could cause she is in fact their queen). She came in and spoke with respect, a respect that technically she doesnt have to give. 

You're right, she didn't pull the bend the knee this episode. Though she slightly threatened Sansa to Jon (though she never finished the statement so who knows for sure). 

When did she speak with respect? In all honesty (and I do need to watch it again) it was snark all the way through from what I remember... But, to be fair, I do need to watch it again before I completely assume this.

Lastly, it's debatable if she is their queen. She is a foreign invader as far as these people know. Technically Cersei is their queen...

8 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Really?? Yes she should be above the pettiness, but they should ALL be above the pettiness as leaders in the realm. Where is the tyranny? I saw her tell Jon, the former King in the North who bent the knee, that she needed a little respect as Queen from his sister and Lady of Winterfell as is her due whether Sansa likes it or not.  Is that too much to ask for? A lot of people don't like Cersei but you better believe they know better than to approach her with anything less than respect. You think Robert Baratheon was ever mocked directly to his face despite people considering him a waste of space? The same can be applied to any monarch for that matter. So why is Dany a tyrant for, as Jon aptly put it, being a Southern girl in Northern territory? She's already at a disadvantage without standing meekly by and letting them throw shade at her. How quickly we forget the likes of Joffrey and Ramsey. They were true tyrants. Dany is a long way from being like that. As much as some people don't like her character, the amount of reaching is just weird. Anyway this is only the first ep. I'm sure they will get over this and come to some sort of truce. 

Thank you. 

I fell like people expect the queen with all the actually power in this war (soldiers, dragons, dragonglass) to walk on egg shells while everyone else can be as openly rude and ungrateful as they want. And if dany pushes back just a little its like "look see i told she was a horrible monster, she shouldnt be queen"

2 minutes ago, Mrmanick1182 said:

Thank you. 

I fell like people expect the queen with all the actually power in this war (soldiers, dragons, dragonglass) to walk on egg shells while everyone else can be as openly rude and ungrateful as they want. And if dany pushes back just a little its like "look see i told she was a horrible monster, she shouldnt be queen"

Don't forget she's on her way to being the mad queen just like her father who burned people or whatever reason they're giving. No one ever says she's like Aegon the Conqueror who did the EXACT same thing to those who didn't bend the knee and was considered a good King :dunno:

I feel like Dany and her Generals, with her army of 100,000, brought ample victuals.  Something tells me that her Generals thought of the need for food. 

I suspect that the mentality here was to come with enough food to sustain for quite a while, fight, win, and then go home.  

They probably expect to win and then leave any extra food behind. 

1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

You're right, she didn't pull the bend the knee this episode. Though she slightly threatened Sansa to Jon (though she never finished the statement so who knows for sure). 

When did she speak with respect? In all honesty (and I do need to watch it again) it was snark all the way through from what I remember... But, to be fair, I do need to watch it again before I completely assume this.

Lastly, it's debatable if she is their queen. She is a foreign invader as far as these people know. Technically Cersei is their queen...

You should rewatch because when she came in she was nothing but respectful to sansa, in return she was met with one of the nastiest glares and tone ive seen in a while. In the great hall the people showed jon all kinds of disrespect and then sansa started it up with dany. She had no choice but to respond. 

its not debatable, she is their queen. If john was their king and he bent the knee that is that. Dany is their queen just like aegon the first was when torren stark bent the knee 300 years ago. 

4 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Don't forget she's on her way to being the mad queen just like her father who burned people or whatever reason they're giving. No one ever says she's like Aegon the Conqueror who did the EXACT same thing to those who didn't bend the knee and was considered a good King :dunno:

But she smirked when her dragons scared the townfolk. Smirked I tell you.  Clearly she is bonkers.

19 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

If you think that's a woman's O-face, you need to up your game :p

You really need to learn what sarcasm is. Or at least 'over exaggerating'.

2 minutes ago, gbellinator said:

I feel like Dany and her Generals, with her army of 100,000, brought ample victuals.  Something tells me that her Generals thought of the need for food. 

Where did you get that idea? Dany made it a point in 7x04 that she doesn't have enough to feed her army. That's the same episode where she later burns the food from an entire region. She has also lost pretty much all of her fleet (+Tyrell/Dornish fleet) so she has no way to even move food around. Or get any from the Free Cities or Essos. All Dany has done is lose or burn any way to feed her army.

Hence Sansa's concern about food is very valid, no matter what the 'anti-Sansa' brigade might think. An army can't march on an empty stomach.

You should rewatch because when she came in she was nothing but respectful to sansa, in return she was met with one of the nastiest glares and tone ive seen in a while. In the great hall the people showed jon all kinds of disrespect and then sansa started it up with dany. She had no choice but to respond. 

its not debatable, she is their queen. If john was their king and he bent the knee that is that. Dany is their queen just like aegon the first was when torren stark bent the knee 300 years ago. 

Respect must be earned. She's not automatically entitled to anything, although she may think the sun rises and sets on herself. She's just usurped the King in the North. Do you expect the northerners to be happy about it? They pledged their loyalty to Jon, not to her. 

I don't blame Sansa for being pissed off. She's just spent how many months trying to hold the North together while Jon goes off cavorting with his lady love. And to find out it was all for nothing...and they have to feed 10,000 more people and two dragons, all in winter. 

She has a right to be upset and angry. 

4 minutes ago, gbellinator said:

I suspect here mentality is come with enough food to sustain for quite a while, fight, win, and then go home.  

They probably expect to win and then leave any extra food behind. 

Exactly, it boggles my mind that people think dany would bring this huge army from essos and not think about their food requirements. That would have been one of the first things she would take care. To me its one of those things thats so obvious you dont even have to bring it up. Like what military leader doesnt think about the food requirements of their people? 

4 minutes ago, Mrmanick1182 said:

How is it the same situation at all? Torren was the legitimate heir to a crown, something he inherited. Therefor him kneeling was on par with the system of Westeros. Jon was voted to be King, he didn't inherit. So the North now operates on choosing their King (or Queen). And they have not chosen Dany, heck they didn't even get a vote. It's not even remotely the same situation.

Exactly, it boggles my mind that people think dany would bring this huge army from essos and not think about their food requirements. That would have been one of the first things she would take care. To me its one of those things thats so obvious you dont even have to bring it up. Like what military leader doesnt think about the food requirements of their people? 

If they had brought their own food, Sansa wouldn't have brought it up. 

5 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Respect must be earned. She's not automatically entitled to anything, although she may think the sun rises and sets on herself. She's just usurped the King in the North. Do you expect the northerners to be happy about it? They pledged their loyalty to Jon, not to her. 

I don't blame Sansa for being pissed off. She's just spent how many months trying to hold the North together while Jon goes off cavorting with his lady love. And to find out it was all for nothing...and they have to feed 10,000 more people and two dragons, all in winter. 

She didn't usurp anything.  Jon kneeled.

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

But she smirked when her dragons scared the townfolk. Smirked I tell you.  Clearly she is bonkers.

Ah yes I forgot the infamous smirk. Clearly her head's gone. I see no one mentions that Arya outright smiles at the Dragons when everyone was running in fear. Probably doesn't support the narrative :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Usurped? Wow. Let's not remember he willingly bent the knee even after she no longer expected him to. 

4 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

IKR. Sansa spend months trying to hold the North together while Jon was radio silent and the Northern Lords grew restless as a result. She had to assure them over and over that Jon knew what he was doing. And here Jon comes, with all the grace of a bulldozer, and undoes all that work.

3 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

If they had brought their own food, Sansa wouldn't have brought it up. 

And on top of that, maybe Dany could have been helpful instead of just saying, "Whatever they want." In response to a real (and I agree snarky) question by Sansa.

2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

No disRespect but do you know what usurp means? You cant usurp a ruler who is WILLINGLY giving up their position. 

u·surp
/yo͞oˈsərp/
verb
take (a position of power or importance) illegally or by force.

Cavorting with his lady love? He brought back 2 armies and 2 dragons. Should he have come back with nothing so they can have zero chance of surviving. Maybe. Theyll all be dead but at least they kept their pride as northerners right?

2 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Ah yes I forgot the infamous smirk. Clearly her head's gone. I see no one mentions that Arya outright smiles at the Dragons when everyone was running in fear. Probably doesn't support the narrative :dunno:

Usurped? Wow. Let's not remember he willingly bent the knee even after she no longer expected him to. 

The northerners won't see it that way. And by doing so, the lords are deserting him. 

There isn't going to be a North left. Jon betrayed them and his oath to them. They won't forget that. 

6 minutes ago, Mystical said:

How is it the same situation at all? Torren was the legitimate heir to a crown, something he inherited. Therefor him kneeling was on par with the system of Westeros. Jon was voted to be King, he didn't inherit. So the North now operates on choosing their King (or Queen). And they have not chosen Dany, heck they didn't even get a vote. It's not even remotely the same situation.

And how do you think the very first king of the north was ever chosen? Was he born into a position that didnt even exist yet or was he chosen by his people to lead them like jon snow was? 

Archived