dany and sansa

starklover

2 hours ago, divica said:

The problem is that she knows that the enemy broke through the Wall and is very close to attacking winterfell. This isn t an army that is going to stay there for an indefinite amount of time. They are going to fight for the north within a couple of days and she is criticizing that they are going to eat their food!

Are we watching the same show? The Wall fell around the same time as the Dragon Pit meeting. If Dany and her army marched the whole way to WF and got there before the AotD, that means the AotD is marching at snails speed. Dany's army needs rest and sleep, the AotD does not. So Dany made the trip to WF, the much greater distance, before the Walkers even reached Last Hearth. Heck Castle Black brothers (which still makes no sense, WF is closer) came all the way from there to Last Hearth around the same time as the Dead. Yet now suddenly the AotD makes the trip to WF in a day or two? Nope. Which means there will be weeks between Dany's arrival and the Dead showing up. Tormund, Edd and Berick aren't going to make it in a day from Last Hearth to WF unless they borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter. Ned Umber, despite being in WF at the beginning and then LH at the end of the episode, didn't make the trip in one day. Especially in winter. That was speed up due to time constraints.

In weeks the dragons alone will deplete the food stores severely, at least the live stock or whatever meat is stored. And this needs to be pointed out again. The army of the living can't fight on an empty stomach. So the food discussion, no matter how much the Dany/Jon lovers want to deny it, is extremely relevant. Seems like some people don''t understand the passage of time for all these events.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

Are we watching the same show? The Wall fell around the same time as the Dragon Pit meeting. If Dany and her army marched the whole way to WF and got there before the AotD, that means the AotD is marching at snails speed. Dany's army needs rest and sleep, the AotD does not. So Dany made the trip to WF, the much greater distance, before the Walkers even reached Last Hearth. Heck Castle Black brothers (which still makes no sense, WF is closer) came all the way from there to Last Hearth around the same time as the Dead. Yet now suddenly the AotD makes the trip to WF in a day or two? Nope. Which means there will be weeks between Dany's arrival and the Dead showing up. Tormund, Edd and Berick aren't going to make it in a day from Last Hearth to WF unless they borrowed Littlefinger's teleporter. Ned Umber, despite being in WF at the beginning and then LH at the end of the episode, didn't make the trip in one day. Especially in winter. That was speed up due to time constraints.

In weeks the dragons alone will deplete the food stores severely, at least the live stock or whatever meat is stored. And this needs to be pointed out again. The army of the living can't fight on an empty stomach. So the food discussion, no matter how much the Dany/Jon lovers want to deny it, is extremely relevant. Seems like some people don''t understand the passage of time for all these events.

you are confused.

The Wall is broken after boat sex. Which means that jon and danny could be as close as 1 day away from winterfell to several days.

And the army needed food to get to winterfell. I don t think it is strange that they might have taken enough food with them to last them weeks before they start using the food from winterfell or that there are boats bringing food from essos to white arbor.

When we are talking about events that should be happening extremely fast. I find it extremly weird to be talking about food shortage and people being in a panic because the dead are almost at winterfell. 

On 4/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

He will be. It seems he will manipulate Jon against the woman who murdered his family. He will use Jon's claim to leverage her out of the picture

i agree, but i am not sure how he will get her out of the picture. she has a huge army and two dragons.

5 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Even if they have to run away from scary zombies, they need to meet at least some minimum caloric intake. Dany didn't bring food because she burned it. She's responsible for her own armies logistics. 

Yes, and the fact that her dragons eat "anything they want", is there a threat that they would attack the people if they get hungry enough?

You guys are confused.

If Daenerys dies before the battle (especially if she's killed by someone in WF), her army leaves.
They're there because they are loyal to her, not her title as queen. (*insert Missandei-quote*)
If her army leaves, the north is screwed and the NK wins. 

23 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

If Daenerys dies before the battle (especially if she's killed by someone in WF), her army leaves.

That would be very worrying ... and now that I think about it, if they win and she dies in the battle -or after-, it's just as problematic. I would not like to live in Westeros with 100 thousand  Dothrakis loose on their own, without anyone to control them. The dragons loose on their own are another threat;  I'm not so confident that the very recent bond with Rhaegal would allow Jon to control them if Dany dies. And for sure nobody would be able to control the Dothrakis.

8 hours ago, princess brittany said:

i agree, but i am not sure how he will get her out of the picture. she has a huge army and two dragons.

Well the army is toast in episode 3 I think. As for the dragons, we know in the books that Jaquen is in the citidel stealing books, The Braavosi hid themselves until dragons were no longer a threat to them. They can't hide anymore so it stands to reason they want dragons dead. How that happens as of yet is unclear. Sam has stolen books from the citidel. Could Arya get to read them?

4 hours ago, LucyMormont said:

. I would not like to live in Westeros with 100 thousand  

Just wanted to say, that the idea of Dany getting 100 thousand Dothraki into Westeros by naval transport pretty much strikes me as nonsense. I'm not saying that D&D wouldn't write that into the script. They would, without thinking about the enormous logistical feat it would take to accomplish that. Accordingly, it's a bit hilariously funny that logistical issues are now a major plot point. Realistically, yes, logistical issues would be a big deal in the North , even if the number of Dothraki were substantially smaller.

I Think the main worry is if they are holed up in a long battle they may run out of food but that isn't going to happen, this isn't man vs man... the walker don't tire they don't rest.. it will be full go until only one kind is left standing.

Why cant the Dragons eat fresh walkers ? sure the older ones are just bones... but the new resurrected ones are meaty....

4 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Just wanted to say, that the idea of Dany getting 100 thousand Dothraki into Westeros by naval transport pretty much strikes me as nonsense. I'm not saying that D&D wouldn't write that into the script. They would, without thinking about the enormous logistical feat it would take to accomplish that. Accordingly, it's a bit hilariously funny that logistical issues are now a major plot point. Realistically, yes, logistical issues would be a big deal in the North , even if the number of Dothraki were substantially smaller.

Exactly, and they made this a plot point now to make Sansa look "smart" at the expense of showing others as imbeciles.
Danaerys brought an army of 120,000 men to Westeros , not to mention the 100,000 horses (all that in some ships Yara got to steal and the several Master's ships that Dany didn't burn) without foreseeing food, clothing, etc.? (By the way, what happened to all the Dothraki women? Because in a khalasar there are women, children, etc., who conveniently disappeared). And Jon, who started his path at the Night's Watch as Steward (precisely in charge of the management of resources and supplies of a military organization! ), takes all those people to the North without knowing how they are going to feed, just to have Sansa saying in front of everyone "I did not count on having to feed so many" and make him look like a moron?

I Think the main worry is if they are holed up in a long battle they may run out of food but that isn't going to happen, this isn't man vs man... the walker don't tire they don't rest.. it will be full go until only one kind is left standing.

Why cant the Dragons eat fresh walkers ? sure the older ones are just bones... but the new resurrected ones are meaty....

This is my point, there won't be a long battle, and after that battle, even in the best scenario, more than half of them will be dead anyway. And yes, there will be a lot of meat for the dragons if they survive.

1 minute ago, LucyMormont said:

not to mention the 100,000 horses

If I recall correctly, the average mongol warrior, whom the Dothraki are based in part upon, had about 3-4 horses in order to keep their operational effectiveness. A conservative estimate for a Dothraki would probably be 2 per man. So perhaps more like 200,000 horses?

6 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

takes all those people to the North without knowing how they are going to feed, just to have Sansa saying in front of everyone "I did not count on having to feed so many" and make him look like a moron?

Perhaps Jon doesnt care if Dothraki or Unsullied die, he just wants them to serve as canon fodder to give them some time. Meanwhile Sansa is raising points that actually make Dany look disorganized because she's responsible for the logistics of her own army. 

7 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Perhaps Jon doesnt care if Dothraki or Unsullied die, he just wants them to serve as canon fodder to give them some time. Meanwhile Sansa is raising points that actually make Dany look disorganized because she's responsible for the logistics of her own army. 

I find this take a little gross tbh. 

As for Jon, he is not a racist, xenophobic asshole like the majority of the northerners. Ofc he would care if tens of thousands of people died. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

As for Jon, he is not a racist, xenophobic asshole like the majority of the northerners. Ofc he would care if tens of thousands of people died. 

Sansa questioning the person that's flew straight up to save her ass over not bringing enough food.... lol yeah you are right Sansa I'm gonna fcuk off back down south for dinner good luck tomorrow with the thousands of undead.

Honestly she is there as a guest helping you out, go find the woman and her thousands of men some food and don't be so ungrateful lol

2 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Sansa questioning the person that's flew straight up to save her ass over not bringing enough food.... lol yeah you are right Sansa I'm gonna fcuk off back down south for dinner good luck tomorrow with the thousands of undead.

Honestly she is there as a guest helping you out, go find the woman and her thousands of men some food and don't be so ungrateful lol

I have a feeling Dany expected the North to feed her armies, which is so messed up when she burned the food she sought to claim. She makes the North starve to support her own bad decisions. The North isnt exactly the Vale or the Reach. They're poor. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Well, even in a "just war" like WWII, generals had to be a bit callous about troops. I never said Jon would like the idea. I'm just anticipating hard choices.

Archived