dany and sansa

starklover

13 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Honestly she is there as a guest helping you out, go find the woman and her thousands of men some food and don't be so ungrateful lol

The hell? Have you blinked on the show? The North was only eclipsed by the Riverlands as most devastated Kingdom since the show started. Remember that maybe a year ago or less they still had things like Battle of the Bastards where thousands died? There was also an Ironborn invasion before then. There was a Red Wedding. And the North is not the most fertile region for food.

Dany didn't even bring tents. Did you see any wagons in her entourage? Were the Unsullied carrying anything (tents, clothes, provisions)? No, all we saw was Dany and her army and the only wagon was the one that had Tyrion and Varys in it. So not only will the North have to provide food, but clothes and tents as well.

But Sansa is the one who is ungrateful and in the wrong here? LMFAO. Honestly, you make no sense.

21 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Were the Unsullied carrying anything (tents, clothes, provisions)? No, all we saw was Dany and her army and the only wagon was the one that had Tyrion and Varys in it. So not only will the North have to provide food, but clothes and tents as well.

Well, I guess they have, and we just didn't saw them. Stupid scenes, but not a plot-hole.

14 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Sansa questioning the person that's flew straight up to save her ass over not bringing enough food.... lol yeah you are right Sansa I'm gonna fcuk off back down south for dinner good luck tomorrow with the thousands of undead.

Honestly she is there as a guest helping you out, go find the woman and her thousands of men some food and don't be so ungrateful lol

Yup, for some reason it still hasn't hit Sansa yet that in a matter of hours the NK is gonna bring devastation and death to the North on a level not seen in 8000 years. It won't mater if they have enough food to feed the armies for an extended time, if there is no army left alive to feed. She just can't seem to prioritize. Even Jon called her out on that when he said that she is more concerned with titles than she is the threat from the NK.

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

that in a matter of hours the NK is gonna bring devastation

It's more about several days or even a week. We will see some more preparations, arrivals, conflicts and so on. 

The army of the death just passed Last Hearth and needed quite a time from the wall till there.

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

It's more about several days or even a week. We will see some more preparations, arrivals, conflicts and so on. 

The army of the death just passed Last Hearth and needed quite a time from the wall till there.

Well Bran was waiting for Jamie the whole day that Dany arrived, and Jamie's arrival is where we pick up in EP2. Tormund also shows up in EP2 and says they have until sunrise before the NK shows up, so we're talking what 24-48 hours? max 3 days between Dany/Jon arriving and Tormund's sunrise warning? Food should not be a problem for that short a time span, surviving the NK should be singular focus.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

The hell? Have you blinked on the show? The North was only eclipsed by the Riverlands as most devastated Kingdom since the show started. Remember that maybe a year ago or less they still had things like Battle of the Bastards where thousands died? There was also an Ironborn invasion before then. There was a Red Wedding. And the North is not the most fertile region for food.

Dany didn't even bring tents. Did you see any wagons in her entourage? Were the Unsullied carrying anything (tents, clothes, provisions)? No, all we saw was Dany and her army and the only wagon was the one that had Tyrion and Varys in it. So not only will the North have to provide food, but clothes and tents as well.

But Sansa is the one who is ungrateful and in the wrong here? LMFAO. Honestly, you make no sense.

I'm making the point more about the urgency that she arrived with army to aid them.. it was cheeky of sands to bring it up 

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

Actually, there were wagons, and I guess we are supposed to think they were all there at the end of the procession. We see Gendry  supervising the unloading of the last  carts with dragonglass. We also see later all the tents of the camp neatly arranged outside Winterfell, there is no indication that they did not bring the tents with them.

And there ARE ways of bringing food, Danaerys/Jon/Unsullied went by sea to White Harbor, they later reunited with the Dothrakis in the Kingsroad. From White Harbor  those ships, plus the Northern ones, can keep an open supply line to Essos. They could have left Manderly in charge of that, for all we know. Too bad the show seems to not clarify all this.

Why is Yara Greyjoy taking the Iron Fleet back to the Iron Islands. Are they all gonna sit there and play with themselves, while everyone else gets destroyed. It seems that a Navy might be a handy thing to have for purposes of supplying the North.

Why isn't shipping from places like the Vale not being commandeered to supply the North.

Why did everyone demand Cersei send forth an army, but not her naval forces?

Just some random thoughts.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Why is Yara Greyjoy taking the Iron Fleet back to the Iron Islands. Are they all gonna sit there and play with themselves, while everyone else gets destroyed. It seems that a Navy might be a handy thing to have for purposes of supplying the North.

Why isn't shipping from places like the Vale not being commandeered to supply the North.

Why did everyone demand Cersei send forth an army, but not her naval forces?

Just some random thoughts.

I think she has a smaller army than euron, and if she had to take back the iron islands when he was occupying it would get slaughtered however as it's vacant she could take it back and stand a better chance defending it.

Basically her army size gives her a better chance defending than trying to conquer.. and having the iron islands gives Danny and friends somewhere to fall back as a plan b

6 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

The "Iron fleet"?  Yara's fleet was destroyed during S7, barring a couple of ships that escaped. 
I'd assume that it's this handful of ships they are currently sailing towards the Iron Islands with, intent on (re)capturing it, because there are (almost) no soldiers there. 

Not sure what I think about her idea tbh, because Euron could easily re-capture it whenever her wishes. It would however take some time for him to get there, but in the end, her re-capturing the Iron Islands means nothing unless Euron and everyone loyal to him dies someplace else - which of course they might do.

Maybe they are sincere about giving Daenerys some place to fall back too, but would they fall back to the Iron Isles even if they had the chance? I'm not so sure.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Clearly the Army has brought some food from Dragonstone and South, they just went through a long journey to get to Winterfell, don't see how they would have done that without eating along the way.

Uh clearly not.

don't see how they would have done that without eating along the way.

And I don't clearly see how the Vale Army came slipping into the North, without Ramsay taking notice. And yet it occurred.

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

Uh clearly not.

And I don't clearly see how the Vale Army came slipping into the North, without Ramsay taking notice. And yet it occurred.

So what did they eat throughout their journey from Dragonstone to Winterfell? They had to have provisions, no two ways about it.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

So what did they eat throughout their journey from Dragonstone to Winterfell? They had to have provisions, no two ways about it.

With this show, who in the hell knows.

It's a pretty long journey.
It's safe to assume that they brought some sort of provisions with them, given the fact that they did reach Winterfell in the last episode and didn't all perish of starvation on the road. 

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

The "Iron fleet"?  Yara's fleet was destroyed during S7, barring a couple of ships that escaped. 
I'd assume that it's this handful of ships they are currently sailing towards the Iron Islands with, intent on (re)capturing it, because there are (almost) no soldiers there. 

Not sure what I think about her idea tbh, because Euron could easily re-capture it whenever her wishes. It would however take some time for him to get there, but in the end, her re-capturing the Iron Islands means nothing unless Euron and everyone loyal to him dies someplace else - which of course they might do.

Maybe they are sincere about giving Daenerys some place to fall back too, but would they fall back to the Iron Isles even if they had the chance? I'm not so sure.

The only thing I can imagine is having the civilians rally behind her and possibly building defenses might give her a fighting chance over euron if they are confined to their ships during the battle.. 

2 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Sands quite clearly wants to be Queen bee.. that's the short of it.

It's like someone being invited to a party at the last minute to make up the numbers and the ungrateful host having the cheek to ask if they brought a present and their own bottle lok

Sansa has never really gotten over her dreams of being Queen, no matter how many times it has blown up in her face. Even now there is a part of her that is more concerned about ruling the North, than actually saving it from imminent extinction.

Archived