dany

starklover

3 minutes ago, ummester said:

Hopefully there will be no throne left to fight for. If the throne exists at the end of this story, I am going to feel like the narrative resolved nothing.

Fully agree. I'm surprised and dismayed to see it get such prominent attention at the end of the opening credits.

FWIW I'm hoping to see both Dany and Jon die at the end of the season. Their baby will inherit the throne, or what's left of it.

6 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm surprised and dismayed to see it get such prominent attention at the end of the opening credits.

Could be misdirection.

7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

FWIW I'm hoping to see both Dany and Jon die at the end of the season. Their baby will inherit the throne, or what's left of it.

I'm hoping to see then NK take boat baby to the lands of always winter, mistaking it for baby Sam, coz Bran time wargs him and he confuses a newborn for a three year old (or is baby Sam 4 now? I'm not sure?)

Just now, ummester said:

Could be misdirection.

I'm hoping to see then NK take boat baby to the lands of always winter, mistaking it for baby Sam, coz Bran time wargs him and he confuses a newborn for a three year old (or is baby Sam 4 now? I'm not sure?)

Ouch! But yeh, Little Sam wouldn't be mistaken for a newborn now. What if Dany's baby and Cercei's get mixed up? Would be born about the same time, no?

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Ouch! But yeh, Little Sam wouldn't be mistaken for a newborn now. What if Dany's baby and Cercei's get mixed up? Would be born about the same time, no?

hmmm - there are a lot of funny things that can be written about this, Qyburn mixing them up in the nursery and stuff, but there has to be a reason for Cersie and potentially Dany getting knocked up ready for the finale, right? There could be something in it - perhaps the NK wants Jon and Dany's baby and they short change him with Cersies or something and the last shot of the show is the NK holding a Lannister baby going 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!'

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

hmmm - there are a lot of funny things that can be written about this, Qyburn mixing them up in the nursery and stuff, but there has to be a reason for Cersie and potentially Dany getting knocked up ready for the finale, right? There could be something in it - perhaps the NK wants Jon and Dany's baby and they short change him with Cersies or something and the last shot of the show is the NK holding a Lannister baby going 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!'

That's what I was thinking. I could see them doing it. It would be bloody awful though! I actually think Cercei will miscarry and then go full-on nihilistic, making King Aerys look like a soggy pussycat.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

I am going to feel like the narrative resolved nothing.

I think that is the point.  GRRM's opinions are war have been heavily reported.  It's pointless.  Everything - all the squabbling, backstabbing, killing, raping, the good moments and the bad, will all be for nothing. 

I fully expect Jon and Dany's child (if she is pregnant) to have the madness, and for the White Walkers to some how regenerate and it end that way.

1 hour ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

He won't give it to her after he learned what happened to Sam's family. 

It's certainly one of those socially awkward situations, like passing port to the right.

"Hello, your grace, I'm Sam Tarly.  "  "Ah, that's a bit embarrassing.  I'm afraid I've just burned your family alive."

Just now, DanyDayne said:

With Jon by her side do you really think she will be the "mad" queen? In fact she's shown to be loyal to those who are loyal to her. Why would she go "mad"? 

She won't, they know she won't, but Dany haters have dug in for years that she will go evil, and now that runway is almost finish for that to happen, they are left frustrated.

9 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

With Jon by her side do you really think she will be the "mad" queen? In fact she's shown to be loyal to those who are loyal to her. Why would she go "mad"? 

She's as crazy as her father and always has been. She thinks she has a divine right to rule, and that she really is a god. 

In the end, she's just another conqueror. No more and no less. She is not a god. She's just another destroyer who is willing to devastate Westeros even more just so she can get what she wants. 

Archived