Cersei using Euron as a cover?

Starkblack

19 hours ago, maiden of tarth said:

In medieval times, wine was safer to drink than water. That’s also why in medieval Britain people only bathed once or twice a year as the water was so polluted. 

Also, no one even knew what fetal alcohol syndrome was until 1973.

Cersei, I believe, is definitely pregnant. Jaime walked in on Qyburn telling her, neither of them knew he was there.

I don't think she refused wine when she was alone with Tyrion because she's pregnant. I think she was just refusing to have a civil conversation with him.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, xander_blackfyre said:

This confused me as well.  I dont remember her drinking any wine in any scenes after  she found out she was pregnant last season, and well all know that Cersei loves her wine. Do the people of Westeros know the effect that alcohol has on a fetus?  If so her drinking made no sense.

Best I can figure is maybe when Jamie took off the stress on Cersei was so great that she lost the baby.  She blames Jamie for her losing the baby which was the last straw in their relationship and that is why she wants Bronn to take out Jamie as well as Tyrion.

Honestly it makes little sense for Cersei to use Euron as a cover, lets just look at it like this.  Robert was too busy drinking and whoring to care what was going on between Jamie and Cersei, also factor in there were no rumors of incest between the two.  Euron is not Robert, now he could not care less what Jamie and Cersei were doing as long as he was getting his as well.  Cersei announces she is pregnant and Euron is the father now imagine in 9 months the baby is born looking every bit a Lannister, what do you think Euron is going to be doing feeling like he has been cheated out of an heir.  He would use it to his advantage to possible turn the people against Cersei and overthrow her.

The NOT drinking alcohol thing while pregnant thing is very, very recent--as in the last 20 years or so. Our parents drank like fish and smoked like chimneys and no one cared. 

Last season, Jaime asked Cersei who she would say was the father, and she pretty much said she'd tell the truth, because now that she's in power, they don't have to hide their relationship. 

My guess is that she has miscarried, or Qyburn tells her she was never actually pregnant, and is going through menopause. It seemed to me that Cersei looked sad and pained after Euron said he'd put a prince in her, which I thought could be more because she knows she'll never get pregnant again. 

13 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Euron is a wildcard, I have no idea what he actually wants.
I do think he genuinely wanted to "fuck the queen", but I doubt he'll be in camp Cersei for much longer. 

"In my experience, the surest way to a woman's heart is a with a gift. A priceless gift."
I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up trying to kill Cersei in an attempt to impress Daenerys, the queen he's *really* after. 

Ha, if Dany is rejected by Winterfell and goes all Fire & Blood, I can see Euron trying to woo her.

1 hour ago, Wildling Queen said:

Also, no one even knew what fetal alcohol syndrome was until 1973.

Cersei, I believe, is definitely pregnant. Jaime walked in on Qyburn telling her, neither of them knew he was there.

I don't think she refused wine when she was alone with Tyrion because she's pregnant. I think she was just refusing to have a civil conversation with him.

Yep. Agree with you there

4 minutes ago, legba11 said:

The problem with dismissing fetal alcohol is that her not drinking wine was used as a device to Tyrion "figuring out" that she is pregnant last season.  It can't go both ways...

True, but lots and lots of people don't feel like drinking when they're pregnant anyway because of nausea/morning sickness and heartburn. It's plausible that Tyrion would have recognized this pattern in her even without the benefit of the Surgeon-General's warning. 

I think we can apply Occam's razor here.  

Cersei is pregnant and doesn't care. (and maybe she didn't drink much, I didn't pay attention to how much)

Cersei isn't pregnant and was playing that facade for Tyrion the formerly clever.

The writers can't be bothered with continuity. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Last season, Jaime asked Cersei who she would say was the father, and she pretty much said she'd tell the truth, because now that she's in power, they don't have to hide their relationship. 

My guess is that she has miscarried, or Qyburn tells her she was never actually pregnant, and is going through menopause. It seemed to me that Cersei looked sad and pained after Euron said he'd put a prince in her, which I thought could be more because she knows she'll never get pregnant again. 

I'm thinking the same thing. To Tyrion she certainly used it as a ploy. Her stroking of her belly was too suggestive, and Tyrion thought he was smart, finding her secret out... after he insisted several times he knew she was always a loving mother and that he had loved her children too. Before we learn the rest of the conversatoin, the scene is cut, and then Cersei comes out again to tell everyone that she will send her armies. In any case, Tyrion got played here by Cersei. She a loving mother? She called Tommen a traitor for killing himself, because she blew up his wife along with the sept.

She had hoped to use Euron while keeping him at bay, after the war, etc... But Euron is letting her know that she can't keep putting it off, and he's the sole ally she has. Gold is not what he's after. She might be queen in her own name now, but she still needs to please a man sexually to stay there. That's part of the reason why she looked pained when signaling he can come up, and after when he's left.

She's definitely shedding a tear when she's alone again though. I doubt that's because she's missing Jaime, even fi she does. Likely a combination of having miscarried or the news she's in menopause as well as being cajoled back into a position where she has to use sex as a weapon.

I too think that she is going for the Rope a Dope for the 2nd time.   Thing is that she is going to try to kill off Jamie & have the Mountain kill off Euron.   Thing is though, the baby won't make it to be born & Cersei won't live to deliver it. 

On 4/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

That look she had as she was walking out of the throne room said it all.

It was clear she was thinking of something that made her decide sleeping with Euron was a good idea. It wasn't cuz she wanted him.

8 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

It was clear she was thinking of something that made her decide sleeping with Euron was a good idea. It wasn't cuz she wanted him.

The only thing that she wants from him is someone who is not related to her to be the father of her baby.  Cersei knows that if the truth came out about her pregnancy, the people would turn on her and flock to Dany.  She wants to hold on to her crown and power.

She is definitely pregnant, and knows she might lose Euron's loyalty (per Tychos' comment to her), and now that he brought back the GC she realizes she has to do something about it, so it clicks in her head to use her current pregnancy to fool him into thinking he is the father.

She pretends to drink wine when with him, she didn't, she is pregnant.

On 4/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, legba11 said:

The problem with dismissing fetal alcohol is that her not drinking wine was used as a device to Tyrion "figuring out" that she is pregnant last season.  It can't go both ways...

I thought it was Cersei putting her hand on her belly when she mentioned something like 'the ones we love'.

I took her refusal of the wine to be a refusal to eat or drink with Tyrion.  A slap to his face, as it were.

11 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Agree.

My take on it is this:

Euron pretty much said that he wasn't getting anything out of their alliance.  And implied that he might pull out of it because of that.  Cersei still needs his fleet and thus needs him.  She cannot risk Euron switching sides and allying with Targs and Starks.  So Cersei makes a calculated decision to keep her ally.

11 hours ago, TheValonqarThatWasAzorAhai said:

The only thing that she wants from him is someone who is not related to her to be the father of her baby.  Cersei knows that if the truth came out about her pregnancy, the people would turn on her and flock to Dany.  She wants to hold on to her crown and power.

If she's actually pregnant. Oh, I believe she believes she is, but it could be a phantom pregnancy or early menopause onset.

8 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Agree.

My take on it is this:

Euron pretty much said that he wasn't getting anything out of their alliance.  And implied that he might pull out of it because of that.  Cersei still needs his fleet and thus needs him.  She cannot risk Euron switching sides and allying with Targs and Starks.  So Cersei makes a calculated decision to keep her ally.

I think that is a very good assessment of the situation and I tend to agree, based on the way it played out.

Archived