Episode 2 preview

6 hours ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Bran appears at the very beginning in the Trailer.

Yup, when Sansa says when I was kid, my brother used to tell me stories, then it quickly pans to Bran's weirdass just staring in his wheelchair. Lol. Even the three eyed crow of old didnt seem as weird as Bran does in that role.

1 hour ago, DanyDayne said:

Are Dany and Sansa finding common ground in their regret in trusting Cersei? :huh:

`I don't think Sansa ever trusted Cersei in the first place. But she probably regrets those who did trust her doing so.

1 minute ago, Pandean said:

`I don't think Sansa ever trusted Cersei in the first place. But she probably regrets those who did trust her doing so.

Yeah after the first episode where she basically scoffed at Tyrion for believing Cersei I kept wondering when did Sansa ever trust Cersei? I only remember her doing that in the first two seasons when she was "in love" with Joffrey and Cersei was like a surrogate mother to her in King's Landing. It would be strange but I guess kinda good if Sansa was telling Dany about her past. Means they're at least trying to be civil. 

I’m Sure Jaime will survive, we’ve seen him in stark armor in the trailer, we just need more call-backs and reenacting because we have no substantial story. 

Sansa and Daenerys will continue their pissing contest, Arya will finally be knocked off her high horse. 

I’m 100% sure that nobody is going remember or mention that Rhaegar allegedly kidnapped and raped Lyanna so Jon can quietly and tracelessly come to terms with his uncontroversial heritage like he came to terms with his uncontroversial resurrection and neither of those things will ever be mentioned again, but who gives a shit about human intra and interpersonal conflicts when you can have screeching zombie wall decor in the shape of crab dishes. 

18 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

Yeah after the first episode where she basically scoffed at Tyrion for believing Cersei I kept wondering when did Sansa ever trust Cersei? I only remember her doing that in the first two seasons when she was "in love" with Joffrey and Cersei was like a surrogate mother to her in King's Landing. It would be strange but I guess kinda good if Sansa was telling Dany about her past. Means they're at least trying to be civil. 

When Ned told his daughter that a ship was going to take them away from King's Landing in secret, Sansa went straight to the Queen with the information. Not Joffrey, Cersei. This is after she personally witnessed Cersei ordering Lady's death out of sheer spite. Smartest person Arya has met in action right there.

11 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m Sure Jaime will survive, we’ve seen him in stark armor in the trailer, we just need more call-backs and reenacting because we have no substantial story. 

Sansa and Daenerys will continue their pissing contest, Arya will finally be knocked off her high horse.  

I’m 100% sure that nobody is going remember or mention that Rhaegar allegedly kidnapped and raped Lyanna so Jon can quietly and tracelessly come to terms with his uncontroversial heritage like he came to terms with his uncontroversial resurrection and neither of those things will ever be mentioned again, but who gives a shit about human intra and interpersonal conflicts when you can have screeching zombie wall decor in the shape of crab dishes. 

Half the reason the north hates the targs is because the story between rhaegar and lyanna. If the objective is to unite both parties jon telling the thruth about their relationship makes a lot of sense. He can even show them the documents sam found about their marriage.

6 minutes ago, divica said:

Half the reason the north hates the targs is because the story between rhaegar and lyanna. If the objective is to unite both parties jon telling the thruth about their relationship makes a lot of sense. He can even show them the documents sam found about their marriage.

Aerys killed Rickard, Brandon, Brandon's companions, their fathers and 200 bannermen that rode with Rickard to KL. And then the whole friggin' war. Lyanna is nowhere near half the reason.

11 minutes ago, divica said:

I know :bawl: it’s soooooo stupid, this is the first thing Jon should have said when Sam told him about his parents. THE. FIRST. THING. It’s soooooooooooo bad. 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I think Sam telling him he's not a bastard sort of made it obvious that Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape her. You don't marry your attacker. Plus nowhere in the story they were told mentioned Lyanna having a kid so right away the whole story of Rhaegar/Lyanna has gone up in smoke. 

7 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

Aerys killed Rickard, Brandon, Brandon's companions, their fathers and 200 bannermen that rode with Rickard to KL. And then the whole friggin' war. Lyanna is nowhere near half the reason.

But brandon only went to KL because of lyanna.  So, yes. She is a big reason for the enemity between the north and targs. And knowing they were wrong about lyanna might put them in a more accepting mood of danny...

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I know :bawl: it’s soooooo stupid, this is the first thing Jon should have said when Sam told him about his parents. THE. FIRST. THING. It’s soooooooooooo bad. 

nah. The first thing jon had to say was what he said. "are you saying that ned stark, the most honorable man of westeros, lied to me my whole life". However once he has time to think and talk to someone then that should become important.

3 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

I think Sam telling him he's not a bastard sort of made it obvious that Rhaegar didn't kidnap and rape her. You don't marry your attacker. Plus nowhere in the story they were told mentioned Lyanna having a kid so right away the whole story of Rhaegar/Lyanna has gone up in smoke. 

Joffrey had every intention of doing that. One might recall how Dany and Drogo started. Sansa's marriage to Tyrion was made under duress as well. I could go on. Lyanna was taken away from her family. That paper doesn't do anything to suggest Lyanna's consent. Only that Jon is indeed the rightful heir of the Targaryan line.

Bran has to speak up and tell them how it is.

2 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

Joffrey had every intention of doing that. One might recall how Dany and Drogo started. Sansa's marriage to Tyrion was made under duress as well. I could go on. Lyanna was taken away from her family. That paper doesn't do anything to suggest Lyanna's consent. Only that Jon is indeed the rightful heir of the Targaryan line.

Paper doesnt prove anything. It could have been forged. If anything it proves the two were married. It says nothing about a child. Only people who can prove Jon is the son of Lyanna are dead or don't show up to Kingdom meetings. 

1 minute ago, divica said:

But brandon only went to KL because of lyanna.  So, yes. She is a big reason for the enemity between the north and targs. And knowing they were wrong about lyanna might put them in a more accepting mood of danny...

nah. The first thing jon had to say was what he said. "are you saying that ned stark, the most honorable man of westeros, lied to me my whole life". However once he has time to think and talk to someone then that should become important.

Well, why did Jon have to say that? because thats what D&D thought fans would say? Because every character is a one-word label? Ned the Honorable. Jon the Hero. Sansa the Clever (poor Lann). Arya the Badass. Stannis the Grammarnazi. Euron the Hypersexual. 

He didn’t ask for proof, he didn’t ask about the rape story, he didn’t say Sam was wrong, he didn’t say it was stupid, he didn’t say it was impossible, he didn’t ask what bran knew about that. Nufffffffin at all. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, why did Jon have to say that? because thats what D&D thought fans would say? Because every character is a one-word label? Ned the Honorable. Jon the Hero. Sansa the Clever (poor Lann). Arya the Badass. Stannis the Grammarnazi. Euron the Hypersexual. 

He didn’t ask for proof, he didn’t ask about the rape story, he didn’t say Sam was wrong, he didn’t say it was stupid, he didn’t say it was impossible, he didn’t ask what bran knew about that. Nufffffffin at all. 

The objective of having sam tell him is that jon would believe what he is saying… And if you want to be picky he could have said more things, but bringing ned is one of the first things he would do.

We don t even know if the scene won t continue or if jon won t go talk to bran to as for more information...

2 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

But those were all political and official. None of those mentioned above "kidnapped" their intended and brought down war on the 7 kingdoms. Rhaegar was thought to be married when he allegedly kidnapped Lyanna. So many tiny details pointing to it being a kidnapping and rape, so now with the marriage certificate it at least leaves room for doubt. But I agree Bran has to speak up. Although I doubt anyone cares if it was forged or not, the documents are there and that's enough proof. The fact that there's a marriage certificate and a child proves they didn't have the full story. The fact that Rhaegar would set aside his current wife should at least get them thinking. 

4 minutes ago, DanyDayne said:

But those were all political and official. None of those mentioned above "kidnapped" their intended and brought down war on the 7 kingdoms. Rhaegar was thought to be married when he allegedly kidnapped Lyanna. So many tiny details pointing to it being a kidnapping and rape, so now with the marriage certificate it at least leaves room for doubt. But I agree Bran has to speak up. Although I doubt anyone cares if it was forged or not, the documents are there and that's enough proof. The fact that there's a marriage certificate and a child proves they didn't have the full story. The fact that Rhaegar would set aside his current wife should at least get them thinking. 

I thought it was a diary entry and not a marriage certificate. 

3 minutes ago, divica said:

The objective of having sam tell him is that jon would believe what he is saying… And if you want to be picky he could have said more things, but bringing ned is one of the first things he would do.

We don t even know if the scene won t continue or if jon won t go talk to bran to as for more information...

So if my best friend tells me the sky is green I’ll automatically believe it because my best friend said so? 

No we don’t. But we kinda have a good reason to suspect. 

19 minutes ago, Denam_Pavel said:

What I do not understand is why so many people seem to think that what some crippled weirdo in a wheelchair says would have any meaning to Dany? That's how he should look to her. Obviously because.. things.. plot may have to ever so slightly cut corners again.

He might tell something only Dany would know etc. But she did not exactly grow up in the middle of weirwood trees. How would Bran convince Dany that he knows first and then that she can trust his words?

Archived