Episode 2 preview

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

The only problem I have with this scenario is that Dany is looking up at someone. She doesn't look to be sitting down and even then she and Tyrion would be the same height.

That's a good catch. I noticed that they spliced the scene in right as she says "Cersei" and not before, so she might be saying the name Cersei in that scene in an entirely different context, with the "You never should have trusted Cersei" being dubbed over for dramatic effect. I think the showrunners just want us to think there's going to be a bunch more drama between the women whereas it probably won't amount to anything when the episode airs. 

18 hours ago, divica said:

I don t think a legal explanation about why jon is true born is that interesting or important for the show. And given the stupidity of naming jon Aegon I don t think they care about his murdered siblings. 

However a better explanation about what really happened is needed for both jon and us… I mean, why did people think lyanna was abducted? why didn t rhaegar and lyanna tell the truth? And those litle things every book reader has wanted to know for years! Maybe we will get flashbacks of rhaegar and lyanna's romance through bran next ep while he tells the story to jon (and danny?)...

Because Robert's ego refused to believe that she didn't love him. I think Ned knew the truth, but went along with it because he loved his sister. 

20 hours ago, Pandean said:

Wait hold up. Sansa was a child who was raised naive and sheltered and told by her mother and her Septa that her duty was to obey her husband, get married, and have babies. She believed in songs being true and fairy tales and all that shit.

She definitely doesn't believe that any more. 

She was a dumb, sheltered, spoiled kid. So, in many ways, was Arya, Bran, etc. That's normal. That's natural.

But she's grown considerably since then. Actions she did when she was a dumb naive little kid doesn't mean she's not smart now and they don't discredit her.

Like shit when I was a kid Sansa's age in the first season I had pants with all the Twilight characters names written on them that I'd wear everywhere, including church, was part of this emo cliche that called itself a murder and walked in a v formation, spoke in random Japanese due to anime, and hissed at sunlight.

Thank fucking GOD no one is still holding the dumb shit I did as a kid against me. 

Also, that never happened on the show.  But regardless of whether it happened or not, Sansa has come a long way as a character since season 1, and anyone who refuses to see it, is lying to him/herself.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, D2procon said:

I'm calling it now. Jaime starts to tell the Kingslayer story and everyone doubts him. Bran then steps in and confirms his story

I don't think that's going to happen. :P Sorry. :leaving:

22 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Also, that never happened on the show.  But regardless of whether it happened or not, Sansa has come a long way as a character since season 1, and anyone who refuses to see it, is lying to him/herself.

Yeah, exactly. She's got some of the ebst character development in the entire show.

"-How long do we have?

- Before the sun comes up tomorrow."

So the Night King will arrive really quickly and I think Jamie's life will be spared, and Jon will not talk about his origins for the same reason: they need everyone who can fight, and, on the other hand, Jon cannot be sure about the reaction of his northern allies if they find out that he is a Targaryan...

53 minutes ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I do feel like Daenerys is kind of in a loose-loose situation here. If she wants to kill Jaime then people will start calling her the Mad Queen, and if she pardons him it will just give the Northerners another excuse to dislike her. 

She can do a 'King David' and put Jamie in the vanguard of the next assault on the WWs.

26 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

She can do a 'King David' and put Jamie in the vanguard of the next assault on the WWs.

from the preview thats what it looked like happened to me.  Jamie is right in the middle of the main fight against the whitewalkers invading winterfell

"When I was a child my brother would tell me bedtime stories about the man who killed our father, and all the things we would do to that man..."

To me this sounds like a summing-up rather than a beginning; I'd lay odds that it's followed by "but my brother was an idiot", or words to that effect.  She's already described him as "cruel, stupid and weak" in a prior episode, so it seems obvious that a story about him is going to be along similar lines.

Note that Jon doesn’t have his breastplate which he usually always wears. I think he gives up his title in ep2, so Sansa becomes lady of Winterfell and refuses to bend the knee.

Dany takes Drogon and rides back to Dragonstone, leaving her army for Jon to command along with Rhaegal.

Jon goes to see her or with her at DS before returning to WF for the fight, but Dany and Drogon stay out of it.

I imagine she would return after they flee south to help them. She has to earn their loyalty, and that would fit with her dream in the books where she burns what seems to be WWs while riding Drogon over the Trident. Probably in ep4.

27 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Note that Jon doesn’t have his breastplate which he usually always wears. I think he gives up his title in ep2, so Sansa becomes lady of Winterfell and refuses to bend the knee.

Dany takes Drogon and rides back to Dragonstone, leaving her army for Jon to command along with Rhaegal.

Jon goes to see her or with her at DS before returning to WF for the fight, but Dany and Drogon stay out of it.

I imagine she would return after they flee south to help them. She has to earn their loyalty, and that would fit with her dream in the books where she burns what seems to be WWs while riding Drogon over the Trident. Probably in ep4.

Sansa is already Lady of Winterfell. Currently Jon is Warden of the North.

5 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Did you see the EW pictures? It looks like he’s wearing an outfit similar to Arya. He’s still dressed like a Stark. I think he’s going to stay Warden. Warden is a military title, right?

You mean like the real military in Real Life? As far as US goes theres no such title as warden.

Archived