Episode 2 preview

13 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Did you see the EW pictures? It looks like he’s wearing an outfit similar to Arya. He’s still dressed like a Stark. I think he’s going to stay Warden. Warden is a military title, right?

Yes, Warden is a military title in Westeros. At least in the books..

On 4/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

There are only 3 people alive who know what happened when Jaime killed the mad king: Brienne, Bran and Jaime himself.  (As far as we know)

Brienne only has the story 2nd hand from Jaime, so is only likely to defend him if he doesn’t defend himself.  This is possible as Jaime has previous form of just letting people call him kingslayer without justifying his actions (although he did have that line with Ned in S1 where he says it felt like justice).  That may have been ‘old Jaime’ just being arrogant though and not feeling the need to explain himself to anyone.  New Jaime wants to be good and for others to see him as good.

Bran is probably Jaime’s best hope, as long as Dany and other key people accept that Bran’s gift is real.  I think they will.  They’ve accepted dragons, white walkers and an army of the dead, so why not.  

Does anyone other than Bran (and Cersei) know that Jaime pushed him off the tower?  If not, that bit of info might just stay between them.  Or Bran might use it to show that people’s past crimes don’t really matter now if you’re going to defend the realm against the army of the dead (we don’t have time for this!) ... a bit like the Night’s Watch rules, once you pledge yourself, all past crimes are forgotten.  Also worth noting that Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, The Hound and Tormond are all murderers too! (Granted, people don’t know about Arya’s kills).  Same absolution may also apply to Theon when he turns up.  

Also, if Dany accepts Bran’s truth about Jaime, she’ll also have to accept his story about Jon’s true heritage.  Interesting times ahead. 

I thought I remembered Tyrion telling Dany that Jaime told him....I need to try to find the scene and verify if he did tell Dany...

I just realized after watching the preview again that Dany says "He shouldn't have trusted Cersei" referring to Tyrion, not "You shouldn't have trusted Cersei" which made me confused because if there was one pperson who didn't trust Cersei it was Sansa.

18 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I just realized after watching the preview again that Dany says "He shouldn't have trusted Cersei" referring to Tyrion, not "You shouldn't have trusted Cersei" which made me confused because if there was one pperson who didn't trust Cersei it was Sansa.

Ah yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Tyrion is screwed, he told them to trust his sister, then his own brother will them otherwise.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, Mystical said:

Why is Dany still so bad with PR? Announcing in front of everyone how you fantasized about torturing people is not going to improve your image. Especially when the crime committed was against the MAD KING who was a tyrant and murdered Lords from the North, Vale etc. and was this close to blowing up half a million people. Good grief girl, think before you speak.

Maybe she is just saying this at the start, then she will say that it was before she really knew all the crimes that he committed against the realm.  She could then go on to pardon Jaime because his actions were justified and that was killed him to protect the realm and the people.

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

Ah yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Tyrion is screwed, he told them to trust his sister, then his own brother will them otherwise.

Tyrion is definitely not going to come out well in the next episode. I'm not sure if I believe the theory he's actually betraying Dany but God this is such a dumb thing. Like, if he DID trust Cersei then it's entirely out of character. 

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

The Youtube subtitles say "You should never", although it does sound like "He should never" when I listen to it.  

"He should never" certainly makes more sense, so I hope the Youtube subtitles are just wrong.  

56 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Tyrion is definitely not going to come out well in the next episode. I'm not sure if I believe the theory he's actually betraying Dany but God this is such a dumb thing. Like, if he DID trust Cersei then it's entirely out of character. 

People in real life sometimes do things that we don't expect them to do for various reasons.  It is possible that learning about Myrcella's death (for which he is responsible) has made him have sympathy for Cersei, and not think clearly.

52 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

The Youtube subtitles say "You should never", although it does sound like "He should never" when I listen to it.  

"He should never" certainly makes more sense, so I hope the Youtube subtitles are just wrong.  

I listened to it several times she say "you" not "he"

I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong but didn't Tyrion suspect Cersei was pregnant and even brought it up ? and that is why he truly believes she will help as she has one last go of raising a child or am I remembering wrong ?

I think this if I remembered correctly was the one thing that made Tyrion believe she would aid them as her childs future/children in general mean more to her than anything.

Another thing I wondered not sure if its the same in the show as the books, but don't you have to be a targ to ride a dragon ? is there something said about this somewhere ?

And if so the scene with Dany and Jon, what was Dany expecting if she never thought for a second they were related... why would she suggest it knowing it wouldn't end well ?.... or did she suspect it doesn't make sense.

Also if Jorah dies next episode ill lose my shiiiiiiiiiiiiizny! he looks to be at the front of the defense… and it makes sense to have everyone that's going to be killed separated by episodes rather than all dying together in the last 2...  

On 4/15/2019 at 8:14 PM, divica said:

Half the reason the north hates the targs is because the story between rhaegar and lyanna. If the objective is to unite both parties jon telling the thruth about their relationship makes a lot of sense. He can even show them the documents sam found about their marriage.

I know it wont be the case but many could argue the marriage was forced if she felt her life was in danger... but im sure Bran would confirm it was a happy marriage... but then he might still need to convince people he can actually see the past and isn't just some weirdo.

2 hours ago, Pandean said:

I think Tyrion has genuine guilt over Tommen, Myrcella and to some extent even Tywin, and it's clouding his judgement when it comes to dealing with Cersei. 

It's a better explanation that "shitty writing" at least. 

Just now, MinscS2 said:

I think Tyrion has genuine guilt over Tommen, Myrcella and to some extent even Tywin, and it's clouding his judgement when it comes to dealing with Cersei. 

It's a better explanation that "shitty writing" at least. 

Isn't Tyrions recent judgement based on believing Cersei is pregnant again ? or did I remember that scene wrong. The one thing he knows about his sister is her love for her children and would be willing to do anything to keep them safe.

7 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Isn't Tyrions recent judgement based on believing Cersei is pregnant again ? or did I remember that scene wrong. The one thing he knows about his sister is her love for her children and would be willing to do anything to keep them safe.

Yes, but his comment about "Cersei having something to life for now", with everything that has happened between them, is so stupid that simply having Cersei being pregnant again can't be enough for him to start trusting her, (possibly even helping her) out of the blue. She's been pregnant before, she's had living children before, but she still hated him, lied to him and tried to have him killed.

Unless someone's been spiking Tyrions wine with milk of the poppy for the last 2 seasons, there has to be a better explanation, and guilt is one possibility. (His behavior is still stupid though. For someone who keeps saying "no one trusts Cersei less than I do", he seems very trusting of her...)

6 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Yes, but his comment about "Cersei having something to life for now", with everything that has happened between them, is so stupid that simply having Cersei being pregnant again can't be enough for him to start trusting her, (possibly even helping her) out of the blue.

Unless someone's been spiking Tyrions wine with milk of the poppy for the last 2 seasons, there has to be a better explanation.

But everything that has happened between them means nothing, as her joining forces with the north isn't about helping them/tyrion... it's about insuring her unborns survival.

Two enemies coming together to fight a greater evil isn't something that's unheard of.

The real misjudgement by Tyrion is believing she cares more about her children than she does the throne/settling old scores.

But then he was basing his judgement off of the woman he knew in the past where her children were all that she cared for.... this was before she became Queen.. 

Archived