Episode 2 preview

8 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong but didn't Tyrion suspect Cersei was pregnant and even brought it up ? and that is why he truly believes she will help as she has one last go of raising a child or am I remembering wrong ?

I think this if I remembered correctly was the one thing that made Tyrion believe she would aid them as her childs future/children in general mean more to her than anything.

Another thing I wondered not sure if its the same in the show as the books, but don't you have to be a targ to ride a dragon ? is there something said about this somewhere ?

And if so the scene with Dany and Jon, what was Dany expecting if she never thought for a second they were related... why would she suggest it knowing it wouldn't end well ?.... or did she suspect it doesn't make sense.

Also if Jorah dies next episode ill lose my shiiiiiiiiiiiiizny! he looks to be at the front of the defense… and it makes sense to have everyone that's going to be killed separated by episodes rather than all dying together in the last 2...  

In the inside the episode HBO does, D&D say only Targs can ride a dragon. I don't believe any characters have ever mentioned it tho. 

43 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

In the inside the episode HBO does, D&D say only Targs can ride a dragon. I don't believe any characters have ever mentioned it tho. 

Valyrians could ride dragons, not just Targaryens. 

A dragonrider is a person whose mount is a dragon. Dragonriders could be found among the dragonlord families in the Valyrian Freehold, when the Freehold was still strong. The Targaryens were one of these dragonlord families, although far from the most powerful,[1] and were the last known dragonriders to survive the Doom of Valyria and its aftermath.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonrider

Well either way... she still believes he was born a stark in Westeros, so unless she has some hidden dislike for Jon and no strong feelings for him it was a bit of a silly predicament to put him in... had he died from riding the Dragon.. I'm sure the first question out of everyone would be why did you allow it knowing only targs/valyerians can ride a.Unless she suspects he isn't in which case she wouldn't have slept with him or would she ;) continue the line etc.

2 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

Valyrians could ride dragons, not just Targaryens. 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonrider

I know this, I doubt D&D do. They said only Targs can ride a dragon in the show and at this point they're kinda right. All the other dragonlords have been dead for hundreds of years.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:37 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Aww the magic of off-screen plot is stronger than Melisandre’s ruby. :lol: 

Well that’s kinda awkward for Jon because his mad grandfather murdered his other grandfather. But I’m certain nobody is going to care to remember this. At least on screen. And I’d also be surprised if Jon mentioned Maester Aemon. On screen. Because I’m sure he acts like an intelligent, normal human being with no memory issues off screen. 

Errrrm, I haven’t read the dunk and egg story but I’m pretty sure Egg was Aegon V and the Mad King was his son, Aerys II. 

No. Aerys II is the grandson of Aegon V. The son of Aegon V (Maester Aemon's brother) and the father of Aerys II is Jaehaerys II.

Aegon V was not fond of the marriage of Aerys and Rhaella to say the least.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:40 PM, darmody said:

Rhaegar and Lyanna having a legitimate child/Ned concealing it and the sky being green aren't the same. We always knew there was something fishy about Ned's story. Or lackthereof. 

Even I caught it in S1 that he wasn't Neds son. Ned says more than once phrases like, my blood in you, but not my name, mentions his children and not Jon. I read the books after S1 and it was a little more clear in them.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:57 AM, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

There are only 3 people alive who know what happened when Jaime killed the mad king: Brienne, Bran and Jaime himself.  (As far as we know)

Brienne only has the story 2nd hand from Jaime, so is only likely to defend him if he doesn’t defend himself.  This is possible as Jaime has previous form of just letting people call him kingslayer without justifying his actions (although he did have that line with Ned in S1 where he says it felt like justice).  That may have been ‘old Jaime’ just being arrogant though and not feeling the need to explain himself to anyone.  New Jaime wants to be good and for others to see him as good.

Bran is probably Jaime’s best hope, as long as Dany and other key people accept that Bran’s gift is real.  I think they will.  They’ve accepted dragons, white walkers and an army of the dead, so why not.  

Does anyone other than Bran (and Cersei) know that Jaime pushed him off the tower?  If not, that bit of info might just stay between them.  Or Bran might use it to show that people’s past crimes don’t really matter now if you’re going to defend the realm against the army of the dead (we don’t have time for this!) ... a bit like the Night’s Watch rules, once you pledge yourself, all past crimes are forgotten.  Also worth noting that Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, The Hound and Tormond are all murderers too! (Granted, people don’t know about Arya’s kills).  Same absolution may also apply to Theon when he turns up.  

Also, if Dany accepts Bran’s truth about Jaime, she’ll also have to accept his story about Jon’s true heritage.  Interesting times ahead. 

Bran lost what was most important to him because of being pushed out of the window. He'll mention how it seems karma caught up to Jaime as he lost his sword hand, which was the most important thing in the world to him. Bran will call that even.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, McAssey said:

But if Bran would tell Jon to summon Howland Reed, then Howland could testify about Jon's true parentage.

Surely they made it a point to let us know that Howland Reed was with Ned at the Tower of Joy for a reason?

I bet the Reeds wont make any appearances from here on in, nor the Tullys. Edmure still locked up??

20 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

I know this, I doubt D&D do. They said only Targs can ride a dragon in the show and at this point they're kinda right. All the other dragonlords have been dead for hundreds of years.

Half of Lys are descendants of old Valyria...even Doreah (Dany's servant from season 1 and 2, the one that was fond of the dragons and the one that betrayed her) had Valyrian blood, well, at least in the books. 

I agree that D&D just decided to drop whole history of Valyrians and their descendants and leave only Targs.

18 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

I bet the Reeds wont make any appearances from here on in, nor the Tullys. Edmure still locked up??

I want the final moments of the show to be Edmure Tully alone in the Frey dungeons. "Hello! Anybody hear me? I could use some water."

On 4/16/2019 at 6:57 AM, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

Does anyone other than Bran (and Cersei) know that Jaime pushed him off the tower?  If not, that bit of info might just stay between them. 

I only remember Jaime admitting it to Cat, who probably didn't tell anyone. Bran used to act  like he had no memory, so I don't think he told. Cersei would have no reason to tell. 

On 4/16/2019 at 1:37 PM, Ice Queen said:

Because Robert's ego refused to believe that she didn't love him. I think Ned knew the truth, but went along with it because he loved his sister. 

Ned surely acted like his sister had been abducted when he showed up to fight Ser Twoswords. 

On 4/15/2019 at 6:44 PM, divica said:

I don t think a legal explanation about why jon is true born is that interesting or important for the show. And given the stupidity of naming jon Aegon I don t think they care about his murdered siblings. 

However a better explanation about what really happened is needed for both jon and us… I mean, why did people think lyanna was abducted? why didn t rhaegar and lyanna tell the truth? And those litle things every book reader has wanted to know for years! Maybe we will get flashbacks of rhaegar and lyanna's romance through bran next ep while he tells the story to jon (and danny?)...

I would prefer a fuller explanation, but it's not difficult to piece together. Rhaegar was married; Lyanna was betrothed. They eloped because they were mad with love and did something stupid. There wasn't really time to tell the truth because the rebellion started while they were on their honeymoon. 

On 4/17/2019 at 11:28 PM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

People in real life sometimes do things that we don't expect them to do for various reasons.  It is possible that learning about Myrcella's death (for which he is responsible) has made him have sympathy for Cersei, and not think clearly.

He is most certainly not responsible for Myrcella. Tyrion didn't accuse Tyrion of murdering his nephew. Tyrion didn't toy with the Mountain instead of killing him. Tyrion didn't make the Viper's mistress crazy/stupid or his brother weak. Nor did Tyrion stand there while his daughter was kissed in an obvious poisoning attempt like Jaime. 

On 4/18/2019 at 12:49 AM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Isn't Tyrions recent judgement based on believing Cersei is pregnant again ? or did I remember that scene wrong. The one thing he knows about his sister is her love for her children and would be willing to do anything to keep them safe.

Like Tommen? 

Cersei has probably convinced herself that the best way to keep her child safe is to murder her remaining family and let a zombie army eat the North. She's crazy. 

Tyrion should know that. 

16 minutes ago, darmody said:

I would prefer a fuller explanation, but it's not difficult to piece together. Rhaegar was married; Lyanna was betrothed. They eloped because they were mad with love and did something stupid. There wasn't really time to tell the truth because the rebellion started while they were on their honeymoon. 

Whatever happened someone has to say why people thought she was kidnaped. Even if it is a stupid explanation there must be an explanation! There are a lot details that the show must explain. Like why rhaegar didn t say anything to defend himself? why lyanna didn t write a letter? why did they keep the marriage a secret after it was consumated?

And I not mean they can just blame most of these things on aerys burning brandon and rickard. However someone has to say it.

Archived