What smart things has Sansa done?

Nerevanin

11 minutes ago, divica said:

yes she did.

It is better to not waste brain cells trying to understand something that doesn t make sense… Like did the vale lords just let sansa marry a Bolton? They didn t revolt against LF when they found that he gave sansa to the boltons? 

I'm not trying to understand that show-plot, but it makes no sense to me to use that scene as evidence that Sansa was smart in that scene. Everyone in that plotline must have sawdust for brains, each and every character: LF, Royce, Sweetrobin, that lady, Sansa, Cersei, etc...

Goes for the BotB plot too btw, and S7 sisters-gonna-kill-each-other plot

3 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

But they are currently kingless and so with that power vacuum, they are taking orders from her now. She is the de-facto ruler and has proved herself. Dany just thinks she's the person in charge. I guess they could elect Sansa as Queen in the North but I think she would decline because Dany would probably MURDER her lol.

I like your points and you're definitely asking good questions, but I wish you wouldn't call other posters ideas "bullshit" when all I said was that this reflects my thoughts on their relationship in E1.

She is one of the leaders. They were taking orders from Jon as well. When he gave that order. The one guy said your grace to him and Lady Lyanna went off on Jon. Then he gave his stump speech about the dead coming to kill everyone. He is Warden and She is Lady Stark. They are already co-ruling. 

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

but I wish you wouldn't call other posters ideas "bullshit

Yeah, sorry about that. But did you read my replies? Some of her points were clearly contrary to what we saw. Jon leaving the dragon and saying "now you ruined horsed for me" and she claims that he does not enjoy the ride. I think we have to take the show serious. We can speculate about what we don't know, we can discuss how to interpret what we have seen, but to clearly misinterpret plain scenes does not lead to anywhere. 

Jon and Sansa can happen. But they haven't shown us any good clues towards that so far. It's just the lack of other possibilities that makes me take this into consideration at all.

Have a look at my arguments, please.

3 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

She is one of the leaders. They were taking orders from Jon as well. When he gave that order. The one guy said your grace to him and Lady Lyanna went off on Jon. Then he gave his stump speech about the dead coming to kill everyone. He is Warden and She is Lady Stark. They are already co-ruling. 

But the orders respected each others' turf. She said she has called the banners. She tells Ned Umber what should be done. Jon, meanwhile, tells Wolkan to notify the Night's watch. He doesn't step on her toes with the command over the Lords. It's interesting too that when they hear about wight Viserion, Jon looks first to Sansa. So far they seem to be good together as a team I think.

4 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon looks first to Sansa. So far they seem to be good together as a team I think.

Yes, they do. In S7 Jon left Sansa with the command of the North. So this makes still a lot of sense.

My guess is that Daenerys vs. Sansa and Jon torn between the two will be the source for tension. And of course Daenerys power-greedy, callous and cruel nature.

The source for tension is what happens now that Jon knows about his true parents. How will others, especially Dany, react to this?  At this point I doubt that Jon wants to reveal it in fear of it effecting Dany's followers. 

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

But the orders respected each others' turf. She said she has called the banners. She tells Ned Umber what should be done. Jon, meanwhile, tells Wolkan to notify the Night's watch. He doesn't step on her toes with the command over the Lords. It's interesting too that when they hear about wight Viserion, Jon looks first to Sansa. So far they seem to be good together as a team I think.

I think they have been a very good team since they took over Winterfell. I think their roles are little more clearly define now. Jon is more comfortable as a military leader. 

9 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, they do. In S7 Jon left Sansa with the command of the North. So this makes still a lot of sense.

My guess is that Daenerys vs. Sansa and Jon torn between the two will be the source for tension. And of course Daenerys power-greedy, callous and cruel nature.

I think most of it would be put aside. I think another source of tension will be Jon's claim. I think Daenerys will say its fake and even if she accepts who his parents are I think she or Tyrion will try to say the marriage was invalid. 

22 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I think most of it would be put aside. I think another source of tension will be Jon's claim. I think Daenerys will say its fake and even if she accepts who his parents are I think she or Tyrion will try to say the marriage was invalid. 

Jon-Dany-Sansa tension goes away? I think its going to build...I mean Sam and Sansa could team up and plot to bring Dany down while using her resources for themselves. 

A good paternity test was Jon's dragon flight over Winterfell for all to see. But I think you are right that Tyrion will get a little desperate...

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon-Dany-Sansa tension goes away? I think its going to build...I mean Sam and Sansa could team up and plot to bring Dany down while using her resources for themselves. 

A good paternity test was Jon's dragon flight over Winterfell for all to see. But I think you are right that Tyrion will get a little desperate...

Didn't Sam conspire to make Jon Lord Commander? He got Jon killed. LOL.   

On 4/16/2019 at 5:01 AM, Nerevanin said:

You can quote one post several times and deleted what you don't want to react to atm, or you can simply highlight a part of a post with your mouse and it give you an option "quote selection" :)

I completely agree that Jon would have a very hard time defeating Roose. That's very true. But the way you put it, it seems as if Sansa wanted Ramsay to kill Roose because she already planned a battle to defeat him. In reality, at the moment she said that the baby has a stronger claim to Winterfell than Ramsay, she didn't even know that Jon was the Commander of Night's Watch. Her only strong ally was Littlefinger who was in King's Landing and who wasn't really going to declare a war against Boltons. Sure, in the end her actions contributed to the defeat of the Boltons and thus can be seen as kinda smart maybe but at the very moment when she said it, it was rather stupid: Ramsay could get very very angry at her to the point of for example flaying her and she risked Ramsay killing his father who controlled him at least a bit which means even worse conditions for Sansa at Winterfell. A whole different story would be if Sansa was for example able to communicaet with Jon and when the two of them decided to unleash an attack against Winterfell, Sansa would provoke Ramsay into killing Roose. Just an opinion, ofc. :)

If they just HAD to put Sansa in Winterfell, they should have just made her the Barbrey Dustin/Wyman Manderly fusion that the show so desperately needed.

2 hours ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Didn't Sam conspire to make Jon Lord Commander? He got Jon killed. LOL.   

He only conspired in the books. He did nothing in the show.

The best solution to the whole Aegon drama that is about to unfold is for Daenerys and Jon to simply marry, consummate said marriage and iron out the co-ruling/who has jurisdiction over what details after the fact. Yes, I know they are aunt and nephew but these are desperate times, it's Game of Thrones and they already have some deep sexual/romantic feelings for each other anyways.

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

He only conspired in the books. He did nothing in the show.

The best solution to the whole Aegon drama that is about to unfold is for Daenerys and Jon to simply marry, consummate said marriage and iron out the co-ruling/who has jurisdiction over what details after the fact. Yes, I know they are aunt and nephew but these are desperate times, it's Game of Thrones and they already have some deep sexual/romantic feelings for each other anyways.

I really don’t want her to him to accept him as a Targaryen so easily. It’s seem to simple for her to accept his claim and compromise to joint rule. 

But we only have 5 episodes left. She will be pregnant, he will marry her. The kid will be called Ned. Blah blah. 

13 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Yes, I know they are aunt and nephew but these are desperate times

Irrelevant from an in-universe perspective (aunt/nephew isn't considered incest in Westeros), and not as big of an issue from an audience-perspective as some wants it to be. There's a very vocal "but they're related!"-minority, but most people seem to not care about it enough to be against it - mostly because they didn't know, and won't know until it's already too late - and again, because in the fictional world of Westeros, it's not taboo.

Ironically on the flipside, I'm surprised that so many here (relatively speaking at least) are in favor of a Jon-Sansa relationship. 
They may only be cousins in the reality (which admittedly is "better" than aunt/nephew, but still pretty gross from a modern perspective), but unlike Jon and Daenerys who had never met before S7, Jon and Sansa have known each-other for all of their lives and have always considered and regarded each other as (half)-siblings.

Unlike between Jon and Daenerys, the Westermarck Effect would be in full...effect, between Jon and Sansa.

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

Irrelevant from an in-universe perspective (aunt/nephew isn't considered incest in Westeros), and not as big of an issue from an audience-perspective as some wants it to be. There's a very vocal "but they're related!"-minority, but most people seem to not care about it enough to be against it - mostly because they didn't know, and won't know until it's already too late - and again, because in the fictional world of Westeros, it's not taboo.

Ironically on the flipside, I'm surprised that so many here (relatively speaking at least) are in favor of a Jon-Sansa relationship. 
They may only be cousins in the reality (which admittedly is "better" than aunt/nephew, but still pretty gross from a modern perspective), but unlike Jon and Daenerys who had never met before S7, Jon and Sansa have known each-other for all of their lives and do fully believe that they are (half)-siblings. 
Unlike between Jon and Daenerys, the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect]Westermarck Effect[/url] would be in full...effect, between Jon and Sansa.

I was surprised by that. Jon is basically her adopted brother. I don’t know if Westeros allows adoptions. 

I find it hard to believe Sansa will enter a political marriage with her former brother. But who knows with this show. 

Just now, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I really don’t want her to him to accept him as a Targaryen so easily. It’s seem to simple for her to accept his claim and compromise to joint rule. 

But we only have 5 episodes left. She will be pregnant, he will marry her. The kid will be called Ned. Blah blah. 

Yes, the books will make it out to be this huge dramatic moment that causes a lot of disruption at the most inopportune times.

But that's hard -- if not impossible -- to do on a TV show without high-quality, internal dialogue. So they have always had to cut some corners as far as this is concerned.

The fact that we only have 5 episodes left is not an excuse though. They could have had more seasons or longer episodes or more writers from different backgrounds if they wanted to. They chose not to.

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

They may only be cousins in the reality (which admittedly is "better" than aunt/nephew, but still pretty gross from a modern perspective), but unlike Jon and Daenerys who had never met before S7, Jon and Sansa have known each-other for all of their lives and do fully believe that they are (half)-siblings. 
Unlike between Jon and Daenerys, the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect]Westermarck Effect[/url] would be in full...effect, between Jon and Sansa.

I'm not really a huge Jon-Sansa shipper but I think part of it  when it comes to this is that they never really had any type of relationship as siblings and didn't really interact therefore it would be plausible for them to develop romantic feelings versus, say, Arya and Jon.

At least, that's the argument I've heard for this topic.

Personally, I ship Sansa with happiness and safety.

I feel like to be some hard core challenges to Jon’a claim not his parentage. I think most people can accept his Lyanna Stark’s bastard but the true heir. The wedding wasn’t witnessed. And is there a royal decree dissolving Jon’s father previous marriage. I expect it to be accepted which will lead to the marriage very quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Personally, I ship Sansa with happiness and safety.

She's one of my least favorite "good-guy" characters on the show, but I actually do too.
She's been trough hell and back, she deserves some modicum of happiness. 

I just wish she'd stop throwing shade at people who are on the same side as her, it's quite counter-productive. 

Archived