Crackpot theory about Jaime and end game

Dragons 7th Eye

11 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm on board with all of that. My favourite part of the whole ASOIAF mythos is the earliest stuff, so I'm delighted to know that will be the subject of the first spin-off series. I'm looking forward to all these hypotheses being directly addressed, which also means we're not going to get clarity this series!

Me, too! I love what little there is of the early mythos. Trying to piece it all together is a real challenge, but I'm looking forward to the next series. 

50 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm on board with all of that. My favourite part of the whole ASOIAF mythos is the earliest stuff, so I'm delighted to know that will be the subject of the first spin-off series. I'm looking forward to all these hypotheses being directly addressed, which also means we're not going to get clarity this series!

Did you see this? 

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1034790/Game-of-Thrones-George-RR-Martin-Night-King-White-Wakers-climate-change-Fire-and-Blood

2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Oh, no I never read that. I didn't realise he'd spelt it out so fully, but it always seemed so obvious to me. I don't get why everyone isn't saying it, to be honest. There's some planet-sized cognitive dissonance going on there, which is why, for me, the ideal ending is the WW bringing on the Long Night and wiping out humanity. Really. Won't happen of course.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Oh, no I never read that. I didn't realise he'd spelt it out so fully, but it always seemed so obvious to me. I don't get why everyone isn't saying it, to be honest. There's some planet-sized cognitive dissonance going on there, which is why, for me, the ideal ending is the WW bringing on the Long Night and wiping out humanity. Really. Won't happen of course.

Well, in fairness, the first book was published in 1996, which is well before global warming and climate change were on a lot of people's radar. The idea for the story goes back to the 80s. The Ice Dragon (which was in no way a children's story initially) was published in 1980.

1 minute ago, Ice Queen said:

Well, in fairness, the first book was published in 1996, which is well before global warming and climate change were on a lot of people's radar. The idea for the story goes back to the 80s. The Ice Dragon (which was in no way a children's story initially) was published in 1980.

I mean for the TV casuals, it seems so damned obvious. Admittedly, I was an environmental and animal rights activist in the 90s so maybe I'm biased.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

I mean for the TV casuals, it seems so damned obvious. Admittedly, I was an environmental and animal rights activist in the 90s so maybe I'm biased.

Oops, sorry. Yeah, I'm a book nerd mostly--I've been reading since the beginning. For the show watchers, yep, I can see where you're coming from. 

17 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, that is no so crackpoint as I expected... Jamie having some special moments is to be expected. 

It could very well be his dialogue with Bran. 

A agree, I have been a proponent of jamie being the PtwP for awhile now. And what if we find out that Bran warged jamie, or influenced him somehow to kill the Mad King? What a turn of events that would  be. 

1 hour ago, Zehde said:

I believe Jamie will seek and receive redemption in an upcoming dialogue with Bran and will ultimately save the day not by killing the NK but Cersei.

I would like that. Jamie killing Cersei would fit the prophecy and now that Cersei ordered his death, it is more than justified.

Jamie will have some importance. Bran waiting so long for him must mean something. 

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Jamie killing Cersei would fit the prophecy and now that Cersei ordered his death, it is more than justified.

Jamie will have some importance. Bran waiting so long for him must mean something. 

Tbh I‘m not sure Cersei ordered that. There is some chance Qyburn acted behind her back. The rest is true. Jamie will be greatly important in some way.

3 minutes ago, Zehde said:

Tbh I‘m not sure Cersei ordered that. There is some chance Qyburn acted behind her back.

Hm, yes, there is a chance, but the order to murder is typical Cersei. She already threatened Jamie "never deceive me again" after meeting Tyrion in the crypts and then again before leaving King's Landing. So it fits.

Qyburn, on the other hand, brings "very bad news" when the wall has been breached. So he seems to understand the importance of the WW and the Great War. Why should Qyburn want to kill Jamie und Tyrion? What is your reasoning behind that?

Well her goal is to rule the 7 Kinglands with Jamie by her side.

Hasn‘t that always been her prime motive for everything she has done? And is there a future for Qyburn in KL, once she has reached that goal?

I‘m not saying, she didnt give the order. You might as well be right. But I‘m not fully convinced as yet.

I'm also coming around to the idea that Jamie is the 'last hero' It seems to fit.

Jon is too boring and hero-like to be the ACTUAL hero, not sure GRRM would do that.  Jamie's character has a greater arc and would be more left field.  'Kingslayer' - Night king Slayer.

But if is Jon:

I'm confused on who (if anyone) could be Nissa Nissa though.   I don't believe the Jon/Dany love story has been built strongly enough to believe he would be sacrificing her to create the sword. If anything, I could see it being Bran that he kills to forge the sword/save the world - he obviously loves Bran dearly and could potentially fit into the whole 'Bran is the NK and caused all of this' theory'

Additionally, the prophecy of the Valonquar was left out of the show for a reason. Could it be that since its gender neutral language, translating it on screen as 'little brother' when it could just as easily be 'little sister' would have confused viewers so they left it out?  My money is on Arya killing Cersei, gotta finish that list! 

15 hours ago, maverick_nc1 said:

I'm also coming around to the idea that Jamie is the 'last hero' It seems to fit.

Jon is too boring and hero-like to be the ACTUAL hero, not sure GRRM would do that.  Jamie's character has a greater arc and would be more left field.  'Kingslayer' - Night king Slayer.

But if is Jon:

I'm confused on who (if anyone) could be Nissa Nissa though.   I don't believe the Jon/Dany love story has been built strongly enough to believe he would be sacrificing her to create the sword. If anything, I could see it being Bran that he kills to forge the sword/save the world - he obviously loves Bran dearly and could potentially fit into the whole 'Bran is the NK and caused all of this' theory'

Additionally, the prophecy of the Valonquar was left out of the show for a reason. Could it be that since its gender neutral language, translating it on screen as 'little brother' when it could just as easily be 'little sister' would have confused viewers so they left it out?  My money is on Arya killing Cersei, gotta finish that list! 

Ah, but Jamie plunging his sword into Cersei' chest to forge lightbringer, thus fulfilling two prophecies would be amazing. 

I am sure we could come up with some foreshadowing as well. Widows wail used to be ICE. Nissa Nissa screamed in pain and ectasy when stabbed (widows wail), etc etc. 

On 4/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, House Cambodia said:

I'm thinking of the 'Valonqar''

‘And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.’

Euron qualifies as Valonquar, in any case. Balon Greyjoy's one, but still a valonquar to someone.

Archived