Bronn the Bought?

tallTale

Bronn is a sellsword, but he's also risked his life many times for Jaime and Tyrion, so it would make no sense that he'd risk his life to go and kill them. 

If he was still poor, maybe, but he's clearly not anymore. Not buying that scene.

Yeah I don't buy it either. I feel like because Bronn is such a popular character with the fans, the writers wanted to give him his own mini storyline. If this where book Bronn I'd believe it, but the show has made too much of a point that he actually quite likes Tyrion and Jaime. 

Just now, fightwookies said:

Tyrion to Bronn:

"And if the day ever comes where you're tempted to sell me out, remember this: Whatever the price, I'll beat it "

absolutely no way Bronn is going to kill tyrion without at least hearing his offer.

Totally agree. I heard that line in my head as the scene was playing out. I think his arrival north with reinforce Jaimes claims that Cersei has gone back on her word and inform the north that Cersei has hired the golden company

Bronn makes it clear several times during S7 that he dislikes Cersei.
At the same time, while he's still (mostly) in it only for himself, he likes both Jamie and Tyrion, having risked his own life on multiple occasions for these two. There's no way he's going to kill them for Cersei.

They needed a valid reason for Bronn to head north, or simply to stay relevant, and this is probably it.

Bronn showed where he stood when he rescued Jaime from the dragon.

If he was the mercenary he claims to be, the only thing that could have been followed with is a demand (likely at swordpoint) that Jaime pay him off and he leaves King's Landing. 

I was shocked Jaime left King's Landing without him, and I think the writers corrected that mistake (with the requisite tits).

On a side note, it is so odd how they have to write circles around the two of them not being to act together. 

Bronn has shown that he is not a dumb man throughout the series and having been around Cersei and knowing that any person that trusts her has usually ended up worse off than they were before should be very skeptical that she plans to reward him in anyway.  She tasked him with this simply to get rid of him, she does not trust Bronn in anyway, she would not want him around and I trust that Bronn knows this as well.  This is basically a suicide mission she is sending him on.  If he fails she is rid of him and if he is successful she kills him.  

He is a smart guy... he knew if he turned her down he would be most likely be visited by Gregor, it's easier and more rewarding to accept leave with the gold and fight with Jaime and Tyrion never to return to Kings Landing while Cersei is around.

Love that the beef is still strong and had to send qyburn instead to avoid having the two of them in a scene.

Got to agree with everyone here, this was their way of getting him to head North and get involved with the majority of the remaining characters. I don't know if we the viewer are supposed to be thinking "Oh my god Bronn is in a dilemma now. Does he kill Tyrion and Jamie or betray Cersei?" Because the only thing I thought was "this is just to get him to the action"

Add to it that Cersei had Jamie dead to rights in last seasons finale where she said she would kill him if he chose to leave and the mountain was standing right next to him just awaiting the command, and he chose to leave and she let him. Now it's time to kill him for leaving?

On 4/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, tallTale said:

Bronn is a sellsword, but he's also risked his life many times for Jaime and Tyrion, so it would make no sense that he'd risk his life to go and kill them. 

If he was still poor, maybe, but he's clearly not anymore. Not buying that scene.

He'd be risking his life if he refused......

5 hours ago, LokisRaider said:

Got to agree with everyone here, this was their way of getting him to head North and get involved with the majority of the remaining characters. I don't know if we the viewer are supposed to be thinking "Oh my god Bronn is in a dilemma now. Does he kill Tyrion and Jamie or betray Cersei?" Because the only thing I thought was "this is just to get him to the action"

Add to it that Cersei had Jamie dead to rights in last seasons finale where she said she would kill him if he chose to leave and the mountain was standing right next to him just awaiting the command, and he chose to leave and she let him. Now it's time to kill him for leaving?

Agreed.  No way Bronn intends to kill Jaime and Tyrion.  He'll just strap on that jetpack Littlefinger left in Kings Landing and be in Winterfell next episode:D

3 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Agreed.  No way Bronn intends to kill Jaime and Tyrion.  He'll just strap on that jetpack Littlefinger left in Kings Landing and be in Winterfell next episode:D

Bronn and his wagon of gold and his newly acquired crossbow could also show up as evidence for Jaime's 'trial?'  Well, it could work that way if the transporter is used on high speed.  If not, I'm sure we'll have some 'faux tension' between Bronn and the Lannister boys for a bit, a la the stupidity with Arya and Sansa last year. 

Archived