Theories about the LOOK Drogon gave Jon?

Stormking902

30 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

While Danny and Jon were making out after there dragon ride Drogon is looking at Jon like hes the one who should be riding him not Danny? Did i read this look right or ? 

I think it's just a nod to the awkward moments you get when you're being intimate with someone and pets are in the room. If you've dated someone with a dog you know what I'm talking about.

I do not think the directors spent the time and money to animate a dragon to have an expression for no specific reason.  It seems to me that it had import but whatever that is, escapes me.

Jon - the dragon knows Jon is the rightful king and not Dany, the dragon knows he dies with Jon on his back?

Dany - she did not look at the dragons and paid them no attention.  

It really was for humor - because I did not find it funny, interesting, or vital.  WHY was it there?

99.9% sure it was just comedy relief. 

The fact that Jon is a Targaryen was established by Drogon letting him touch him and Rhaegal not murdering him when he tried to ride him. 

And I seriously doubt there’s a dragon sensor for the “true” king. The dragons belong with Daenerys, she hatched them, if anybody, they will never betray her. 

If I really really really really really really really push it and want to read my own thoughts into it, then it was a “Careful arsehole, I’m her true ride” look. Because you know, Drogo, Drogon. But that was 100% in my mind. 

7 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

My initial reaction was that the writers decided to imply that Drogo's soul was in Drogon, and he was pissed

Yes mine too, but I was sure it was it was only in my head because all the Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa instagram captions in which they ship... well, themselves. 

43 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

My initial reaction was that the writers decided to imply that Drogo's soul was in Drogon, and he was pissed.

I thought the same... Needless to say, we are lucky NK got Viserion :D

38 minutes ago, Risto said:

I thought the same... Needless to say, we are lucky NK got Viserion :D

I alwyas thought that was kinda intentional with Viserion being the “black sheep” among Daenerys’s dragons. Daenerys liked Drogo and she was obsessed with Rhaegar and Viserys was... an issue with a dark side and all. Maybe I’m overestimating the writers. And it was only  so Jon would get to ride his dad’s dragon. Ugh. 

2 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

It was scary and dark.

I'm scared for Jon. To me it signals betrayal and a price he'll pay.

This interpretation of the scene is spot-on.

I don't like it, but I think we may see this. Jon doesn't lie and we all know he does what he thinks is right, even if that means pain and anguish for him. Sam dropped the ultimate truth bomb on him and Jon will not be able to back away from it. Plus Sam saying, "would she do the same?"

2 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I'm leaning toward this one. Dany even has a Ygritte line about never leaving a place.

I do think its a bit different for Jon because he's not planning a betrayal or anything but from a writing perspective, it will happen.

I completely agree. He's not planning it, but it will happen.

Archived