Theories about the LOOK Drogon gave Jon?

Stormking902

I think people are over-analyzing the situation.

It was most likely meant for comedic effect, and if you really need another reason it's probably just Drogon being protective about his mother, basically giving Jon a "I'm watching you, don't try anything"-glare.

It is just a small symbolism, where each Dragon aligns a bit to the person it is named after:

Rhaegal (named after Jon's  father) shows empathy to Jon.

Drogon (named after Dany's first husband) shows himself jealous of Jonerys.

Vyserion, well, this one is now being a douchebag, bleaching walls and all.

I guess the show producers just used this symbolism to have a small comic scene.

22 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

While Danny and Jon were making out after there dragon ride Drogon is looking at Jon like hes the one who should be riding him not Danny? Did i read this look right or ? 

I actually though they made quite a point with that look that will likely come back later. But it was disguised as comedy so easy to miss.

I think that dragons are not just animals but magical creatures, and they actually have a link, not just in terms of storytelling, but also a magical link to the people they were named after. This is why Jon is riding Rhaegal, because Rhaegar was his father who loved his mother and risked everything to make him.

Dany rides Drogon because Drogon is basically a reincarnation if you will of Khal Drogo. So to me that look is basically the look of Khal Drogo staring down the dude who is sleeping with his "Moon". Drogon is the one who decided in the past to eat a child, and the one who took off to live on the Dothraki sea, and finally who led Dany to Drogo's former Dothraki followers. He is the force pulling her towards brutality and conquest. And he is not totally keen on her being with someone else.

1 hour ago, Hippocras said:

I actually though they made quite a point with that look that will likely come back later. But it was disguised as comedy so easy to miss.

I think that dragons are not just animals but magical creatures, and they actually have a link, not just in terms of storytelling, but also a magical link to the people they were named after. This is why Jon is riding Rhaegal, because Rhaegar was his father who loved his mother and risked everything to make him.

An exact counterpart to the dire wolves! And Jon would be the only character to be in sync with 2 magical creatures - Ghost and Rhaegal.  Now, they are just beating us to death with symbolism about the song of ice and fire -- Jon is it.

9 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

An exact counterpart to the dire wolves! And Jon would be the only character to be in sync with 2 magical creatures - Ghost and Rhaegal.  Now, they are just beating us to death with symbolism about the song of ice and fire -- Jon is it.

Remember that Dany is herself half Targaryen and half First Men. This is just like Jon being half Targaryen and half Stark, at first appearances the very same mix of 50% the blood of Old Valyria's Sorceror Dragonlords and 50% the blood of the First Men. But it turns out that Dany's got the better claim to that title.

You don't think Dany's half First Men? Aegon V married Betha Blackwood, a First Men house, and thus their offspring were all 50/50 splits. Over his objections, his son Jaehaerys II married his very own sister, Shaera. Therefore their own children were still 50/50 splits. Then Jaehaerys’s son Aerys II married his very own sister, Rhaella. So that couple's offspring would again be the same 50/50 splits once again. No new blood, just inbreeding, and the proportions don't change.

So it is actually Dany and not Jon who is exactly half Dragonlord and half First Men!

If we allow that Rhaegar is truly Rhaella's son by Aerys II not by Sir Bonifer Hasty, then Rhaegar is 50/50 versus Lyanna's 100% First Men, making Jon 25% Dragonlord and 75% First Men. This is not the even 1:1 split that Dany has, just a 1:3 split.

But it is more likely that Rhaegar's real father was Sir Bonifer. That explains why he wasn't "broken" and why Rhaella managed to bring him to light without miscarriage (go count those) or her own death. 

11 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Dany rides Drogon because Drogon is basically a reincarnation if you will of Khal Drogo. So to me that look is basically the look of Khal Drogo staring down the dude who is sleeping with his "Moon". Drogon is the one who decided in the past to eat a child, and the one who took off to live on the Dothraki sea, and finally who led Dany to Drogo's former Dothraki followers. He is the force pulling her towards brutality and conquest. And he is not totally keen on her being with someone else.

This. Drogon definitely ties Dany to her past, to Kal Drogo and to taking what she wants by whatever force necessary.  It was as Khalisi that she stood back and watched the torture and death of Viserys, whose sacrifice made her (she thought) heir to the 7 kingdoms. Similar dynamics are playing out with the dragons. Viserion was sacrificed to the the white walkers but Dany still thinks she can ride to power on Drogon. She thinks that Rhaegal is merely a tribute to a long dead brother and is therefore is happy to loan him out to Jon. She misinterprets Rhaegal's willingness to let Jon ride as obedience to her. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, MinscS2 said:

I think people are over-analyzing the situation.

It was most likely meant for comedic effect, and if you really need another reason it's probably just Drogon being protective about his mother, basically giving Jon a "I'm watching you, don't try anything"-glare.

Probably right, but it was more scary than funny.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:49 PM, Bradam said:

Maybe Drogon is just curious to what human mating looks like?  Or he's just a flat out perv? 

I think it's just an offhand joke anyone with pets has should get.

Great. Now I'm picturing a Dany and Jon sex scene and the camera pans over to the tower window where we see Drogon's eye peeking through.

Archived