My hope for AryaWaif holds on

Damon_Tor

So she didn't stab Jon.

If Arya was just the Waif wearing her face, sent to kill Jon, she would have stabbed him, right?

Theory dead, right?

Well hang on there, what's the first thing she asks him? "How did you survive being stabbed in the heart?"

Faceless men are patient and thorough. She needs to understand how he's still alive so she can be sure she kills him for good. So she's going to bide her time and make sure she does the job properly.

For the record, I do not believe AryaWaif is going to happen. I hope it will, because it will retroactively redeem the entire Braavos subplot and close several gaping plot-wounds, but I genuinely believe there are no twists remaining, that this season is just follow-through. But this one line by Arya keeps that slim glimmer of hope alive.

You hope for such a weird theory? Why on Earth?

Nymeria recognises Arya and surely is not fooled by a faceless man. Arya and Sansa share all kinds of childhood knowledge no faceless man could know. 

We have seen the face of the Wait hanging on the wall. How would you explain that? The faces are real there.

56 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

You hope for an abomination of a plot-line in order to redeem another abomination of a plot-line? You do you ...

Abomination of a Plot-Line in order to Redeem Another Abomination of a Plot-Line: The Benioff and Weiss Story

- Forward by George RR Martin

7 hours ago, Kajjo said:

We have seen the face of the Wait hanging on the wall. How would you explain that? The faces are real there.

The Waif's own face is on the wall because the last step in a Faceless Man's training is for them to remove their own face.

Can't see this aryawaif thing happening. We've seen too many intimate/personal moments for Arya since she left Bravos (i.e. Nymeria, killing Freys, family reunion, etc). I don't know what aryawaif would get out of trying to have a moment with Nymeria, and then willingly let her walk away when she realized her wolf has moved on from her. I don't buy it.

Doubt it tbh.

16 hours ago, Lord Davos Seaworth said:

I I agree they need a big faceless man twist in this season... It would be pretty disappointing if they didn't. Personally, I hope the Baelish theory is true. Still can't get over how poorly written his death was, despite understanding how it fit the plot.

What Baelish theory? Enlighten me please :)

10 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

The Waif's own face is on the wall because the last step in a Faceless Man's training is for them to remove their own face.

How do you know?

8 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Otherwise, Essos as a setting is over and done

Yes, could be done. Why not? They even showed only the arrival of the Golden Company, no Essos at all yet. I don't think we will see more from the Faceless Men. Arya might use her ability, though.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

Doubt it tbh.

What Baelish theory? Enlighten me please :)

The Baelish theory is that the girl he paid in the tunnel/corridor he paid with a faceless man coin to wear his face and be killed by Arya - the real LF is still alive and possibly has deep ties to the faceless men himself.

The reason the Arya Waif theory and faceless Baelish theory persist is because the both plots in the show are so poor and full of holes that people are trying to fill them in. Either theory would be cool if it was real - but it's doubtful, more likely just poor story telling. This said, considering neither plot is finished being written by GRRM and probably never will be, chances are that the author himself has no idea how to wrap up all the plot threads he started.

11 minutes ago, ummester said:

The Baelish theory is that the girl he paid in the tunnel/corridor he paid with a faceless man coin to wear his face and be killed by Arya - the real LF is still alive and possibly has deep ties to the faceless men himself.

The reason the Arya Waif theory and faceless Baelish theory persist is because the both plots in the show are so poor and full of holes that people are trying to fill them in. Either theory would be cool if it was real - but it's doubtful, more likely just poor story telling. This said, considering neither plot is finished being written by GRRM and probably never will be, chances are that the author himself has no idea how to wrap up all the plot threads he started.

I see. Thanks! It's true that the whole S7 plot in Winterfell didn't make much sense no matter from which angle you look at it and tbh it would be pretty cool if LF wasn't really dead. I'll be here for it. But I doubt it's gonna happen (or the Arya-waif thing) , simply because there ain't time for that. If we still had one or two more seasons in the future, why not, but now? Not going to happen.

25 minutes ago, ummester said:

This said, considering neither plot is finished being written by GRRM and probably never will be, chances are that the author himself has no idea how to wrap up all the plot threads he started.

This is probably true to some extend. I sincerely hope he then just picks whichever solid fan theory he finds fitting and writes it out. That should be not too hard, and the fans that came up with the theory were bursting of joy while noone else can be too disappionted.

Should he not have worked it all out beforehand and now try to come up with something completely new by force, just to be original, or even no solution at all (like JJ Abrahams LOST), it would 100% lead to massive disappointment among the readers.

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

How do you know?

Yes, could be done. Why not? They even showed only the arrival of the Golden Company, no Essos at all yet. I don't think we will see more from the Faceless Men. Arya might use her ability, though.

We see The Golden company arrived in Westeros, not leaving Essos.  Essos as a setting is done 

On 4/17/2019 at 3:40 AM, hallam said:

The only way that the waif or Baelish are going to make a reappearance in GOT is if Arya wears their face when she goes off to give Cersei the gift.

I hope se won't. I want to see Arya doing it as Arya.

Archived