My hope for AryaWaif holds on

Damon_Tor

9 minutes ago, T and A said:

And if Jamie or Tyrion kills Cersei it will be a much bigger shock for the audience, than if the viewer has already aniticipated that with a prophecy, even if it is not clear who the valonquar is. You would give away that a little brother would kill her. You would also give away that Cersei will die. Of course the mojority of the viewers already think that Cersei will die, but telling it straight away is different. 

I agree with this reasoning. If it is really Jamie, then they might have thought to give too much away.  In the book there are more options and readers are smarter and see more depth.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

I agree with this reasoning. If it is really Jamie, then they might have thought to give too much away.  In the book there are more options and readers are smarter and see more depth.

It has nothing to do with smartness. I tried to explain why specifically it doesn't work for television. Some readers are just way more arrogant and smuggy and think they are smarter than they really are. They like to think that about themselfes. I guess, they like to feel being above other people. If they were that smart, they would never compare two uncomparable mediums. This is a well academically analysed field, and those book readers are not the first one who spend their life in comparing it. There are tons of work and literature in this field. If they would take their time and research for themselfes, they would know it. But hey, this is the internet. An anonym coment is easy made.

Archived