Qyburn

Podspackage

Is Qyburn going behind Cersei's back and asking Bronn to kill Jamie and Tyrion if they make it out of the north alive without her knowledge? we know Qyburn is loyal to his queen but does he see her brothers (more so Jamie) as her weakness and is arranging for them to be taken out. Cersei had opportunities to kill both Jamie and Tyrion at the end of season 7 but didn't, so why the sudden change now?

Jamie left before she had decided what to do with him, so he couldn't have him killed.

Tyrion is of no more use to her now after their "arrangement" is seems. It's not like she needs a reason for trying to have him killed anyway.

I very much doubt Qyburn is trying to have the brothers killed by his own volition. He's already the hand so he has nothing to gain, and afaik he still likes Jamie. 

Cersei didn’t kill Tyrion because it would be an act of war. She had two dragons in her city at the time. She’s smarter than that.

As for Jaime, I guess she probably thinks it’s less personal if he’s killed from afar. 

Tyrion, yes, but Jamie? I doubt that.

And I honestly can‘t see any love that Qyburn holds for anybody. All he wants is a place for his experiments. He only uses Cersei for this matter and will abandon her the second she‘s useless for him.

13 minutes ago, Zehde said:

And I honestly can‘t see any love that Qyburn holds for anybody. All he wants is a place for his experiments. He only uses Cersei for this matter and will abandon her the second she‘s useless for him.

I don't know about love, but Qyburn appears to have genuine regard for Cersei. Otherwise he was playing a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal long shot when he went all-in for her back when. 

He got along with Jaime from the beginning and I think is grateful to have been lifted out of obscurity by him. 

I have nothing really to support my opinion but I don't think Qyburn acts behind Cersei's back. He seems pretty much loyal to her. It kinda makes sense that Cersei wants to kill Jaime and Tyrion. She's been trying to get rid of Tyrion for quite some time because of the valonquar prophecy. There is no reason why she should stop trying to achieve it. She almost made it after Joffrey died but Tyrion was freed by Jaime and disappeared for years or so. Now she finally knows where he is. As of Jaime, he basically betrayed her when he left her and joined Dany.

38 minutes ago, darmody said:

My real question is why pick Bronn? He was buddy-buddy with both Lannister boys. Not that he would refuse on principle. But why take the chance? 

Because there is no other named character in King's Landing suitable for the mission. Euron is a pirate, not an assassin. unGregor is probably more or less mindless killing machine and as a 9 feet tall blue zombie he can't really blend into the crowd. And Cersei probably wouldn't give him up, he's her terrifiying and obeying monster and guard.

20 minutes ago, Cymorococh said:

I think having Qyburn speak to Bronn was just an awkward way around the Jerome Flynn/Lena Headey drama .

Sure, that‘s it. Makes all sense now.

Didn‘t know that until I googled just now. Thanks for the info.

been wondering about this myself, i cant personally see it coming from Cersei.

I did notice, on second viewing, when Qyburn reveals the "terrible news" about the wall collapsing, that he seemed shocked by her response, im wondering if hes considering his position... but not sure what he would have to gain by these actions.

1 hour ago, Zehde said:

Sure, that‘s it. Makes all sense now.

Didn‘t know that until I googled just now. Thanks for the info.

Ha ha, I knew nothing about that either! I'm sure they could have 'professionalled' it out though. It's just bad writing for me - it's too obvious Bronn won't go through with it.

Why should Qyburn do that? He is shocked how cold Cersei takes the horrible news from the wall.

Cersei wanted to kill Tyrion since he killed Tywin and ordered even a dwarf hunt. She threatened Jamie after meeting with Tyrion and again when Jamie left King's Landing at the end of S7. 

It makes sense that Cersei wants her brothers dead. 

7 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

Because there is no other named character in King's Landing suitable for the mission. Euron is a pirate, not an assassin. unGregor is probably more or less mindless killing machine and as a 9 feet tall blue zombie he can't really blend into the crowd. And Cersei probably wouldn't give him up, he's her terrifiying and obeying monster and guard.

Named characters, okay. Then it's just the Rule of Drama. But you'd think Bronn at least would say, "Get some other poor bastard who didn't wash his balls in front of them." ( I assume D&D would throw balls into the conversation.)

The so-called Queen just bought tens of thousands of mercenaries, I presume the King's Guard isn't just Zombie Mountain, and at least some Lannisters must be alive. In-show, she'd have every reason to find a killer amongst them. 

Outside the show, they could create a new character. I know there are only six episodes left, but this smells of "let's give Bronn something to do."

3 minutes ago, darmody said:

this smells of "let's give Bronn something to do."

That's probably the main reason and let's be honest, do we really need a better one?
Bronn is a fan favorite, he needs to be in the final season somehow.

There has to be some excuse reason to get Bronn up in the north. I agree, he is a fan favorite and he does need to be in the season. This way, we get a little added value: Will he or won't he attempt to kill one or both brothers Lannister?

16 hours ago, Zehde said:

Tyrion, yes, but Jamie? I doubt that.

15 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I have nothing really to support my opinion but I don't think Qyburn acts behind Cersei's back. He seems pretty much loyal to her. It kinda makes sense that Cersei wants to kill Jaime and Tyrion. She's been trying to get rid of Tyrion for quite some time because of the valonquar prophecy. There is no reason why she should stop trying to achieve it. She almost made it after Joffrey died but Tyrion was freed by Jaime and disappeared for years or so. Now she finally knows where he is. As of Jaime, he basically betrayed her when he left her and joined Dany.

he did act a little shocked with Cersei's response when he told her that the dead had broken through the wall. Qyburn is  wild card in all this, for sure. 

Archived