What kind of weapon will Gendry make for Arya?

Lot Seven

My first thought was that it was some sort of projectile, but then I realized it's a bit too high-tech for Gendry to pull off in such a short amount of time. A staff with two pointy ends though... She trained with staves with the Waif, it gives her a better reach than Needle and Arya does need a longer reach. Depending on the material of the rest of it I assume she would also have more defensive capabilities.

But basically she's making a weapon with two pointy ends. And she can turn it into two weapons with one pointy end! Remember, stick them with the yada yada.

She wants a double headed spear which can be detached whenever she wants it I'm guessing with the press of a button, I think I have seen the like in some fantasy film somewhere but IIRC that one had sword blades instead of spear points. 

When I saw the trailer at first I thought it was Yara but considering what I know now, it's definitely Arya (1:25- 1:27):

Yeah I figured it was some sort of double headed spear/quarter staff with pointy ends as well.

A knife is pretty good in a 1v1, but pretty bad in mass-combat, and Arya is well trained in the art of stickfighting. 

6 minutes ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

Something that stops her becoming the more arrogant version of Bran that she's slowly turning into..

seeing her pooping herself running through winterfell in the trailer i dont think we have to worry about that.

6 minutes ago, LyaTarg said:

Wild, but I think that's the weapon she wants to kill Jon with. 

Well, why not, but if she didn't kill Jon in the last episode, I don't think she ever will. She had such a perfect opportunity - Jon was alone in godswood, she had a pretext to put out Needle, Jon didn't expect her to attack, all it would take would be one tiny stab.

9 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Well, why not, but if she didn't kill Jon in the last episode, I don't think she ever will. She had such a perfect opportunity - Jon was alone in godswood, she had a pretext to put out Needle, Jon didn't expect her to attack, all it would take would be one tiny stab.

Arya isn't one to make rash decisions. That 'friendly' reminder about who is his family was a silent warning. 

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Why so? I liked her behaviour. What are your complaints?

The kind of 'cold' welcome with each character followed by the thaw fairly immediately after. Same with Bran & Sansa last season. Jon, Gendry and The Hound (granted, understandably) in this episode. Just feels like she's been majorly over-characterised. 

Archived