What kind of weapon will Gendry make for Arya?

Lot Seven

8 minutes ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

The kind of 'cold' welcome with each character followed by the thaw fairly immediately after.

She didn't thaw do the Hound. She was immediately nice to Gendry. She was mocking Jon and very friendly towards him. She even looked proud and somewhat happy up when he passed by in the procession scene. 

9 minutes ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

Just feels like she's been majorly over-characterised. 

Maybe a bit. But "unbearable" is something completely different to me. I feel some scenes to be rushed, they should have made some more episodes from season 8 and could have afforded more details and emotions for the reunions. I'd liked that a lot.

10 minutes ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

'cold' welcome with each character followed by the thaw

I don't know how old you are. Have you ever experienced a reunion after ten years or so? After a lot happend to both of you? I have and it actually feels like that -- just not rushed so much. You know you are or were close, but you need some time to thaw. They just played this out in a minute instead of of five minutes or so. I can buy that. It's a series, not real life.

5 hours ago, HouseLancaster said:

Eh? WHAT?! These boards! Which crack pot theory has this come from?

Actually, never mind! Arya does not want to kill Jon. 

It's not an existing theory. Relax. But I do think the Stark children will be divided soon. The distrust has started.

14 hours ago, Prince Jon said:

My guess is that it is something to kill the Ice Dragon with. 

I like this guess!  It looks like a spear or lance to me with a large detachable leaf-shaped tip. 

With the axe-head he just made for the Hound, Gendry demonstrated that he can work obsidian, that glassy substance that kills icy critters 

3 hours ago, LyaTarg said:

It's not an existing theory. Relax. But I do think the Stark children will be divided soon. The distrust has started.

Phew thanks for the reassurance. I have no doubts they'll stay strong (they're the opposite of the Lannisters). To me all those scenes are there to build tension for a future Dany/Jon conflict, not a Stark conflict

1 hour ago, HouseLancaster said:

Phew thanks for the reassurance. I have no doubts they'll stay strong (they're the opposite of the Lannisters). To me all those scenes are there to build tension for a future Dany/Jon conflict, not a Stark conflict

I hope you're right. Cause my heart would break if they were to ever oppose each other in combat. Would be sadder than any death. 

6 hours ago, LyaTarg said:

But I do think the Stark children will be divided soon. The distrust has started.

I don't think so and see no indication in the show. Contrary to your statement, the finale of S7 showed Sansa and Arya being closer now and once again a pack that fights together. In S8E1 Arya defends Sansa and it is clear that the two sisters are a team now. Sana and Arya are opposite characters and will continue to be so (Sansa about Arya: "she's lurking around somewhere"), but that doesn't mean that the pack will split up.

Jon Snow is a different case. Now that he knows ha es half Targaryen and half Stark and that he as a right to the throne, the things will become complicated soon. Arya's warning "never forget that [your are family]" might be foreshadowing of a clash.

So, summarising: it’s probably a double headed spear, which can be detached. Makes sense as she did fought the waif like that before. Could be to kill a dragon with, although I somehow don’t really see that happening… That would mean that she needs to throw it very far, like the Night King did? If she could get close to dragon, she wouldn’t need such a weapon, and could just use Needle… Ideas?

I do really think the weapon is for herself, given that before her the Hound also “ordered” a weapon from Gendry.

8 minutes ago, Lot Seven said:

So, summarising: it’s probably a double headed spear, which can be detached. Makes sense as she did fought the waif like that before. Could be to kill a dragon with, although I somehow don’t really see that happening… That would mean that she needs to throw it very far, like the Night King did? If she could get close to dragon, she wouldn’t need such a weapon, and could just use Needle… Ideas?

I do really think the weapon is for herself, given that before her the Hound also “ordered” a weapon from Gendry.

She is seen wielding it in the preview trailer like she was born with it, also I wouldn't be surprised if she kills Vis and the NK in single combat; seeing how this show threw logic out of the window years ago. 

14 minutes ago, Bradam said:

Needle was just plain everyday castle steel made by the local winderfell smith i thought?  I keep seeing all these posts about it being valyarian steel suddenly.  Did I miss something?

No, needle is regular castle forged steel.  Her dagger, which has been mentioned a dozen times by now, is valyrian steel. And now she will have a badass dragonglass weapon, so she is def. killing someone important.

9 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I don't think so and see no indication in the show. Contrary to your statement, the finale of S7 showed Sansa and Arya being closer now and once again a pack that fights together. In S8E1 Arya defends Sansa and it is clear that the two sisters are a team now. Sana and Arya are opposite characters and will continue to be so (Sansa about Arya: "she's lurking around somewhere"), but that doesn't mean that the pack will split up.

Jon Snow is a different case. Now that he knows ha es half Targaryen and half Stark and that he as a right to the throne, the things will become complicated soon. Arya's warning "never forget that [your are family]" might be foreshadowing of a clash.

By Stark children I meant exactly that. With Jon. You explained why I said what I said. I didn't mean Arya and Sansa, I meant them with Jon.

I would assume it's two headed, dragon glass on one end and her dagger or more dragon glass on the other end. With it being "glass" maybe the drawing we saw was so that if it breaks she can attach another one?  It did look like a projectile though.  

It’s interesting to think in general what would be the best methods for fighting the WW army. It’s not swords (at least non Valyrian steel ones) because the WWs don’t fight like that.  I think the unsullied with long dragon glass spears would be pretty good.  And the Dothraki with dragon glass arrows.

On re watching the Wight Hunt episode I actually thought they did a pretty good job thinking through what the characters would try.  Jorah for example had two dragon glass daggers that seemed pretty effective.

22 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

It’s interesting to think in general what would be the best methods for fighting the WW army. It’s not swords (at least non Valyrian steel ones) because the WWs don’t fight like that.  I think the unsullied with long dragon glass spears would be pretty good.  And the Dothraki with dragon glass arrows.

On re watching the Wight Hunt episode I actually thought they did a pretty good job thinking through what the characters would try.  Jorah for example had two dragon glass daggers that seemed pretty effective.

We've seen them use trebuchet to launch stuff like fireballs, maybe use it to launch smaller leftover shards of dragon glass at the attacking mass of wights? Kind of like early guns, blunderbuss, that used any scrap metal they could as projectiles.

Archived