{spoilers} wildfire

Coffeewiththegods

Frankly: no. Wildfire would be probably be pretty useful against wights, for example if thrown at them via catapult but iirc, all the wildfire is in King's Landing.

I used to think that Cersei will become mad and will try to burn King's Landing with wildfire which would result into Jaime killing her to save the city and thus fulfilling the valonquar prophecy.

But now Jaime is in the North, Cersei shows no more signs of madness than usually, so it seems kinda unlikely. It's still possible that Jon&co. will defeat the NK and THEN they will head south to KL, Cersei will decide that she'll rather burn everything instead of loosing the crown and at the last seconds Jaime or Arya with her ninja skills miraculously hops through her defences and kills her. But it would imo seem a bit anticlimatic to do the big battle against the NK mid-season and then do some tiny insignificant battle against Cersei. But who knows.

5 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Frankly: no. Wildfire would be probably be pretty useful against wights, for example if thrown at them via catapult but iirc, all the wildfire is in King's Landing.

I used to think that Cersei will become mad and will try to burn King's Landing with wildfire which would result into Jaime killing her to save the city and thus fulfilling the valonquar prophecy.

But now Jaime is in the North, Cersei shows no more signs of madness than usually, so it seems kinda unlikely. It's still possible that Jon&co. will defeat the NK and THEN they will head south to KL, Cersei will decide that she'll rather burn everything instead of loosing the crown and at the last seconds Jaime or Arya with her ninja skills miraculously hops through her defences and kills her. But it would imo seem a bit anticlimatic to do the big battle against the NK mid-season and then do some tiny insignificant battle against Cersei. But who knows.

I was under the impression that the NK would push Jon&co back to kingslanding, and maybe that’s how it would come into play but! You just made me wonder if somehow if they are pushed back to kings landing, Cersei refuses to open the gates and let them in...maybe Jamie kills her to open the gates??? Just a theory of mine though. The NK also has that dragon too, so I don’t think gates would be of any use.

12 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I still think this will happen. Only I think Cersei will succeed, but still be killed by Arya or Jaime anyway

1 minute ago, Kaguya said:

I still think this will happen. Only I think Cersei will succeed, but still be killed by Arya or Jaime anyway

Maybe you're right because it's true that have to deal with Cersei somehow. But if she succeeds in burning the KL, what would be the point of killing her (or at least I imagine it as Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne as the city including the Red Keep are consumed by the fire). But if she succeeds, there probably will be no Iron Throne anymore. Interesting idea, I kinda like it.

12 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I was under the impression that the NK would push Jon&co back to kingslanding, and maybe that’s how it would come into play but! You just made me wonder if somehow if they are pushed back to kings landing, Cersei refuses to open the gates and let them in...maybe Jamie kills her to open the gates??? Just a theory of mine though. The NK also has that dragon too, so I don’t think gates would be of any use.

An interesting theory. It would kinda make sense that Jon&co. would be forced to retreat and run south because in that case the whole Westeros would truly be endangered. At the same time, NK's army would probably be multiplied by several times if this happened and it would kinda ruin the fact that the Starks tried so freaking long to retake Winterfell, just to lose it a season and a bit later again. And as you said, King's Landing ain't a that great fortress anyway, Stannis almost captured it with human army, let alone under one. If Cersei was sitting at Dragonstone, that would be a different story imo. But who knows, anything can happen. :)

23 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Maybe you're right because it's true that have to deal with Cersei somehow. But if she succeeds in burning the KL, what would be the point of killing her (or at least I imagine it as Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne as the city including the Red Keep are consumed by the fire). But if she succeeds, there probably will be no Iron Throne anymore. Interesting idea, I kinda like it.

Jon will rule the seven kingdoms - from the North

42 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I‘m pretty sure this is how it‘s going to play out in the book.

After The Hound kills Ser Robert Strong in the trial by combat, Cersei will seek her chances in burning KL down but is shortly before killed by Jaime. 

For the show on the other hand, I‘m not so sure. Infact she already has bombed the Sept in the show. I believe this won‘t happen in the books.

1 minute ago, Zehde said:

I‘m pretty sure this is how it‘s going to play out in the book.

After The Hound kills Ser Robert Strong in the trial by combat, Cersei will seek her chances in burning KL down but is shortly before killed by Jaime. 

For the show on the other hand, I‘m not so sure. Infact she already has bombed the Sept in the show. I believe this won‘t happen in the books.

I don't think the burning of the Sept will happen in the book either. I'm not even sure if Margaery dies in the books. But I think that Cersei might win the trial in the books and then, some time later (probably for some paranoia reasons) sinks into madness and tries to burn it all. If she tried to burn the KL after she loses the trial, I don't think it will be possible, I think she would end up in a cell without a chance to do such a thing. If she tries to burn KL before the trial, Jaime can't save the day because he is somewhere in the Riverlands atm in the books and he ignored Cersei's asking for help.

9 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Does anyone think wildfire will come into play at any point this season? 

Why do you mark this with "spoiler"? It's just a simple question.

I don't know. We have seen enough wildfire, I guess. Maybe Cersei turns mad queen and destroys King's Landing? Unlikely, though, I reckon.

40 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Why do you mark this with "spoiler"? It's just a simple question.

I don't know. We have seen enough wildfire, I guess. Maybe Cersei turns mad queen and destroys King's Landing? Unlikely, though, I reckon.

Just a precaution. I’m so used to writing “spoiler” in the post title that it has become second nature when I make a post lol apologies!

Archived