Jon (Aegon) and Daenerys

LadyNoOne

Hi,

Given what we know of Jon, even though he knows the truth, and most likely doubts it,  I highly doubt that he wants to "rule" the seven kingdoms. 

Samwell Tarley was correct, however, that Jon is focused on getting a job done whilst Daenerys much as I love her believes only in herself, admittedly so. 

Yet, Jon loves her.  I think the two should rule together, as equals.

Does anyone think that Daenerys would allow this to happen?   If not, and he has the proper birthright, then what does that indicate about her?  

I think they will agree to marry. I do think that this will be broken by Cersei having Dany assassinated. Cersei was not kept around as fodder and I still think she has at least one or 2 big things to do before her end 

1) Killing Dany

2) Blowing up KL

I never thought Dany would die, but after the last episode and the buildup to birthrights and the conflict between Jaegon and Danys claim, I would argue she‘s top of the list to get assassinated, either by the northerners or, more probable, Cersei.

As to KL: She already blew the city up, remember?

Book theory:

I believe in the upcoming book, Cersei will try to blow up KL but will not manage to, cause Jamie will kill her beforehand, just as she‘s madly screaming: „Burn them all“. $0.02

1 hour ago, Zehde said:

I never thought Dany would die, but after the last episode and the buildup to birthrights and the conflict between Jaegon and Danys claim, I would argue she‘s top of the list to get assassinated, either by the northerners or, more probable, Cersei.

As to KL: She already blew the city up, remember?

Hi, Just responding to the KL bit, I think she had only blown up the Sept of Baelor with wildfire to rid the capitol of the faith militant (sparrows), right?  Cheers, 

Now when the three stooges (Davos, Tyrion, Varys) finally remembered that marriage-alliances is a thing in Westeros, I'd say it's very likely.

Jon will likely try to pull out of his relationship with Daenerys, at least momentary, now when he got the news from Sam, but before he successfully manages to do that, Daenerys will throw the pregnancy-bomb in his face and he'll be right back in. Jon would never father a bastard after all.

My predictions.

43 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Jon will likely try to pull out of his relationship with Daenerys, at least momentary, now when he got the news from Sam, but before he successfully manages to do that, Daenerys will throw the pregnancy-bomb in his face and he'll be right back in. 

Oh my god, that would be sooo cheesy. 

But you are right, it‘s D&D after all, and they might well like a relationship drama like this.

I do think (and I hope so too, so the end won't be just "they all lived happily ever after") that Daenerys will die and that she will die by Jon's hand (aka the Nissa Nissa thing). Dany and Jon will sacrifice their love for the greater good - Dany will sacrifice herself, Jon will kill get, he'll get that super sword and slay the NK.

I think that Jon is a strong candidate for the ultimate king, although it would be kinda predictable.

There is no way they do the Nissa Nissa thing, if they reduce the female lead to a plot device for the male lead getting his hero moment, the amount of outrage and backlash they would get in today's climate would be insane. If Dany does die, she will die of her own agency, not as a power up for Jon Snow.

3 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

I feel like burning the Tarlys did her in. Jon can't marry the woman who killed his best friend's family and I'm sure Sam will work to completely depower her.

Throw in the similarities to how his own family members died at the hand of her father, and its quite close to the bone.

In their first meeting she apologised for the actions of her father and said something like "dont judge a woman by the actions of her father" but now he knows shes done exactly the same thing

58 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

backlash they would get in today's climate would be insane.

That says more about how idiotic the world got. The Song of Ice and Fire of GRRM is not about political correctness. Here are so many strong women, either a man or woman could win without any political implication.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but is there a reason literally everyone was so casual about a supposed non-Valyrian blood person managed to mount and fly a dragon? Yes the viewers know, but the way it's always been emphasized that only Targaryens can fly dragons. Heck even some Targaryens have struggled to fly them. Is Daenerys so in love she completely misses this or she just isn't aware? 

Perhaps we can't conclude how Varys, Tyrion and Davos think since we haven't seen their reactions yet. But wow, how did Dany miss the significance of Aegon flying a dragon?

13 minutes ago, LyaTarg said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but is there a reason literally everyone was so casual about a supposed non-Valyrian blood person managed to mount and fly a dragon? Yes the viewers know, but the way it's always been emphasized that only Targaryens can fly dragons. Heck even some Targaryens have struggled to fly them. Is Daenerys so in love she completely misses this or she just isn't aware? 

Perhaps we can't conclude how Varys, Tyrion and Davos think since we haven't seen their reactions yet. But wow, how did Dany miss the significance of Aegon flying a dragon?

In the books it is not only Targaeryens who can ride them. It's mostly them, but not exclusively. We don't know if anyone but Dany knows about Jon riding the dragon, at least I think that no one else saw it. From the way Dany acted it seemed like she supposed that the dragon will let Jon ride because she allowed him too or something like that.

Archived