What will Dany do with the Dothraki?

Pandean

Assuming she survives and assuming she wins the Iron Throne and all that stuff...what happens to her Dothraki? She's got a bunch of them and something tells me they aren't going to settle into 'civilized' Westerosi life. What is going to happen to these warlike people who rape/pillage/etc. all over the place? Are they just going to permanently be part of Dany's army forever? Even soldiers have private lives outside of their army duties.

So, what happens to do the Dothraki? What will be done with them if they live to see the Spring, especially if Dany is the ruler on the IT?

What do you think?

I think she's not going to survive, but that aside, and assuming the Dothraki survive too (I could easily see them being wiped out in one of the Big Two this season), this is probably one of those questions that will be left unresolved at the end.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be resolved, to be honest.  A lot of the time the worldbuilding is left incomplete, and if GRRM is taking inspiration from JRRT for his ending, where some things were also left unresolved, this would be perfectly OK to do.

It more bothers me how the Dothraki are so freaking fine in Winterfell. They are from a hot, semi-desert region, permanently going half-naked. Now they are in a northern region with snow, a winter is coming and they are still half-naked. How?

Anyway, back to the topic. I suppose that the majority of Daenerys' army (Dothraki & Unsullied) will be massacred in the final battle (or in another one). Their numbers will be reduces so much that they won't cause any big problems. As I expect Dany to die too, I suppose that the surviving few Dothraki will remain in Westeros and eventually they will be killed one by one post-war because they are violent barbars and don't know the language.

When it became obvious that Dany will lead Dothraki into War for Dawn, I instantly remembered how Dosh Khallen looked at Dany in "Game of Thrones" It was said they were petrified, completely horrified by what they have seen. I imagine that doesn't bode well for the Dothraki. 

I feel as we will see Dany doing to the Dothraki something that in Wheel of Time, Rand did to Aiel - completely and utterly changing their lives and their purpose.

They will get assimilated, given enough time.
When they joined her, their culture changed forever, and they "knew" it. They wouldn't be able to get back to the sea of grass now even if they wanted to, unless Euron kindly would provide them with his fleet.

The major problem will be if Daenerys dies early on without a proper heir that the dothraki care about, because then they will become leaderless, form warbands and we'll get what was about to happen with the remaning Yara-ironborn at the end of season 7, multiplied by a hundred.

Archived