Samwell Tarly stole the spotlight.

Danny-

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The idea that Randall Tarly wasn't a traitor is the farce here, when every other example of oath breaking we have seen is called out as such. Frey's Boltons, even Great Jon Umber, if you break an oath to your liege, you open yourself for punishment, which has been established is death. House Tyrell recognized Dany as the Queen of the Reach, by rebelling against House Tyrell and helping another house murder them, the Tarlys committed treason against their liege house, and were punished by the Queen that house had bent the knee to.

Please provide the evidence that Dany executed them for treason.

Also, I guess you really would approve of Dany executing Olenna for treason or anybody else that opposed Joffrey. That's a real good one by you.

Just now, OldGimletEye said:

Please provide the evidence that Dany executed them for treason.

Also, I guess you really would approve of Dany executing Olenna for treason or anybody else that opposed Joffrey.

She is the queen as recognized by the ruling house of the kingdom, by refusing to acknowledge that and killing their liege, they were traitors, and as a result Dany executed them.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

She is the queen as recognized by the ruling house of the kingdom, by refusing to acknowledge that and killing their liege, they were traitors, and as a result Dany executed them.

So Lannister men would have been given the choice not to bend the knee then? Or anybody else not allegedly sworn to House Tyrell?

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

So Lannister men would have been given the choice not to bend the knee then? Or anybody else not allegedly sworn to House Tyrell?

There's no allegedly here, House Tarly was categorically sworn to House Tyrell. As for the Lannister men, they were POWs, it was obvious they would bend the knee as soon as she carried out her right to execute the Tarlys.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

There's no allegedly here, House Tarly was categorically sworn to House Tyrell. As for the Lannister men, they were POWs, it was obvious they would bend the knee as soon as she carried out her right to execute the Tarlys.

But why would they bend the knee? They certainly had not committed any act of treason. I thought the assertion here was that the option of bend the knee or die was only given to those who had committed treason.

But why would they bend the knee? They certainly had not committed any act of treason. I thought the assertion here was that the option of bend the knee or die was only given to those who had committed treason.

That's how POWs work in GOT, Stannis made the same offer to the Mance Raider.

That's how POWs work in GOT, Stannis made the same offer to the Mance Raider.

Huh? So the executions had nothing to do with treason. It had to do with how "POWs work" or something.

What's the story here?

Does anyone know?

Stannis didn't round up prisoners who he had just been slaughtered on the battlefield and force them to kneel to him under threat of fire. He says he's not out to kick beaten dogs. He just captured their leader and burned him as an example. Dany could have done that with Jaime or Randyll alone...and it would look far less worse. 

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Singled out for what, treason or to bend the knee because that is how "POWs work".

POW was in reference to the Lannister soldiers, the Tarlys were traitors through and thorough, and got what the punishment is suppose to be.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

POW was in reference to the Lannister soldiers, the Tarylys were castration through and thorough, and got what the punishment is suppose to be.

So again, Lannister soldiers had a choice not to bend, because they didn't commit treason. Is that the story here?

So again, Lannister soldiers had a choice not to bend, because they didn't commit treason. Is that the story here?

No they would still be POWs, and would be responsible for invading lands under the sovereignty of the Queen.

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

No they would still be POWs, and would be responsible for invading lands under the sovereignty of the Queen.

But, if they refused to follow orders, wouldn't they be guilty of treason? It's like the poor fuckers can't win, no matter what they do.

There just seems to be a lot of ass pullery here to justify that the executions had something to do with treason. Just sayin'.

But, if they refused to follow orders, wouldn't they be guilty of treason?

There just seems to be a lot of ass pullery here to justify that the executions had anything to do with treason. Just sayin'.

Regardless of how the Lannister soldiers would/could/should be dealt with, the Tarlys were clear oath breakers, and Dany had the right to execute them. Just like rob with Greatjon Umber.

Regardless of how the Lannister soldiers would/could/should be dealt with, the Tarlys were clear oath breakers, and Dany had the right to execute them. Just like rob with Greatjon Umber.

Dickon was a clear oathbreaker? Seriously? And you saying something about right, tells us nothing about "should".

And again, you've provided about zero evidence that they were executed for oathbreaking.

Dickon was a clear oathbreaker? Seriously? And you saying something about right, tells us nothing about "should".

And again, you've provided about zero evidence that they were executed for oathbreaking.

I believe Black Walder was a clear oath breaker and should have been executed if he was ever in the custody of House Tully or their sworn, I apply the same standard to Dickon. If you choose to believe that Frey's sons who carried out the Red Wedding didn't break their oath, feel free to absolve Dickon of it as well. Breaking your oath makes you a traitor in this society, and the punishment is death for it.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I believe Black Walder was a clear oath breaker and should have been executed if he was ever in the custody of House Tully or their sworn, I apply the same standard to Dickon. If you choose to believe that Frey's sons who carried out the Red Wedding didn't break their oath, feel free to absolve Dickon of it as well. Breaking your oath makes you a traitor in this society, and the punishment is death for it.

Except of course when it's Olenna, then you feel that death is not an appropriate punishment.

Evidently, Olenna's advanced age is a factor to be considered when deciding on an appropriate punishment. But, the fact that Dickon was put in a situation of disobeying his father, the head of his house, is not relevant here. Other factors not to be considered are the fact Dickon didn't participate any other great crimes. Why the distinction here? Beats the hell of me.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Except of course when it's Olenna, then you feel that death is not an appropriate punishment.

Evidently, Olenna's advanced age is a factor to be considered when deciding on an appropriate punishment. But, the fact that Dickon was put in a situation of disobeying his father, the head of his house, is not relevant here. Other factors not to be considered are the fact Dickon didn't participate any other great crimes. Why the distinction here? Beats the hell of me.

You're applying my morality to the world that I don't live in. In Westeros the punishment for oath breaking is death. Just ask Janos Slint.

Archived