Samwell Tarly stole the spotlight.

Danny-

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Olly loved his family too (who were killed and eaten by Wildings) and Sam told him just to get over it and that there were more important things going on in the world.

And Sam was right.

And Olly couldn't get over it and I can feel that, too. Olly wasn't wrong with his grief, just killing Jon was wrong.

There is no black and white in the show. It's not about an absolute right or wrong, it's about adequate emotions and reactions, despite sometimes cold logic or ratio telling the opposite.

Both Sam and Bran get the credit for discovering Jon's true parentage, when all along it was GILLY dmmit!  But everyone's forgotten that, particularly Sam who was mean to Gilly when she pointed out the relevant passages in a volume of journal entries, and who just forgot until Bran was nudged to 'see.'  Feh.

Just adding to the quote above.

“Emilia’s detached performance of that really fed into my performance. She’s cold and she’s not going to make it any easier for Sam at all and that’s when Sam realizes that she’s a psychopath. She’s not got any feeling. She’s not got any sense of emotion at all. He’s dealing with somebody whose very volatile and very kind of … morally bankrupt almost, and that’s what feeds him into going in to tell Jon Snow because you don’t want a morally bankrupt leader like they have at the moment. That’s when all of his doubts about Dany really are solidified in that moment, really.”

10 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Both Sam and Bran get the credit for discovering Jon's true parentage, when all along it was GILLY dmmit!  But everyone's forgotten that, particularly Sam who was mean to Gilly when she pointed out the relevant passages in a volume of journal entries, and who just forgot until Bran was nudged to 'see.'  Feh.

Gilly did reading exercises. Sam discovered the meaning.

Credit is for the discoverer, not for who shovels in archaeology or reads a book aloud.

37 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Olly loved his family too (who were killed and eaten by Wildings) and Sam told him just to get over it and that there were more important things going on in the world.

Yup, but here because its his feelings, he chooses to push conflict between the 2 main players that are leading the fight for survival against the Night King.

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I don't think so. Daenerys is quite resistant to both advice and regret. It would be sensible to regret the deaths but to Daenerys it's all about "bending the knee". She's crazy about it. Or mad? Isnt't that in the family?

I have to agree,  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.   She has a Major Ego problem.  Thing is that it wasn't suppose to be her that was queen.  It should have been the brother that she had killed( he did deserve it though).  I think that was another reason why her son died.  Killing off her own family. 

1 hour ago, Ice Queen said:

Which one? That he's not the NK (I didn't know about that till today, actually)?

Kind of...

Spoiler

He let slip that the Three Eyed Raven and Night King were arch enemies who had been in conflict with each other for thousands of years.

14 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Kind of...

Reveal hidden contents

He let slip that the Three Eyed Raven and Night King were arch enemies who had been in conflict with each other for thousands of years.

can you post a link to the interview?

8 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Kind of...

Hide contents

Thank you! I see that Vladimir Furdik says something similar, that there is a character the NK wants to kill. 

Not only does IHW say that, he also says:

That the wights were put there deliberately to prevent anyone else from becoming a new Three Eyed Raven. Also, Bran in a sense Bran is no longer fully human but has every memory and all the knowledge of every Three Eyed Raven before him. Was he created by the Children, just like the NK?

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

And no she doesn't feel remorse for executing two traitors and nor should she feel remorse.

Leaving aside Randyll's rather complicated history with the IT, how does one get to the conclusion that Dickon was a "traitor" within the plain ordinary meaning of that term?

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Gilly did reading exercises. Sam discovered the meaning.

Credit is for the discoverer, not for who shovels in archaeology or reads a book aloud.

That is right,  she is just reading words not knowing the meaning at all.   It was Sam & Bran who truly uncovered it's true meaning.  

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Leaving aside Randyll's rather complicated history with the IT, how does one get to the conclusion that Dickon was a "traitor" within the plain ordinary meaning of that term?

Anyone who doesn't automatically swoon at her feet is a traitor to them. 

She fried a House that could have been her allies if only she weren't so hungry for power and in doing so alienated the last remaining male member of that House. She can't see the forest for the trees. She has no political skill. This isn't Essos as she's been told repeatedly, and she'd best wise up in a hurry. As of now, the Northern lords are sticking around because Sansa held them together. (I can't believe I'm defending Sansa, but there you go.) They won't fight out of loyalty or fear of Daenerys. They'll fight for the Starks and to defend their homes and lives. 

If Jon has no power to enforce a claim to the IT, then neither does he have a claim to Winterfell. That goes to Bran, or Sansa who is next in line.

He is King in the North by consent of the governed, which is the very antithesis of what Daenerys expects of them.

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yup, but here because its his feelings, he chooses to push conflict between the 2 main players that are leading the fight for survival against the Night King.

He's doing what Bran told him to do. Bran can see the past, present and future all at once. If he tells Sam it's imperative to tell Jon now, right this minute, then something about that is crucial to the events that are to follow. 

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Fans just rejoiced at Olly's death.

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Although the grief and desire for justice is the same, the two situations are very different. 
In addition, Ollie had achieved some sort of justice already. Murders are commited by people, not “collectives”. Ollie’s parents weren’t killed by “the wildlings”, but by individual people. Ygritte killed his father with an arrow. His mother was murdered by that tall man (that one of the cannibal tribe, I don't remember the name), he gave her an axe hit.  Both murderers got their due, Ollie himself killed Ygritte; and the big cannibal was killed by Jon, he buried a hammer in his head.  But the most important thing is, as much as one can sympathize with Ollie and understand his feelings, that he DID commited treason. He was a member of a military order, and he mutinied and murdered his rightful commander. The act itself is not different of what the other mutineers did against Commander Mormont in Craster’s Keep
The situation with Danaerys and the Tarlys is different. They were her prisoners, they had surrendered, the battle was over, and they DID NOT commit any treason against her, they were just at opposite sides in a war between houses. She should have kept them prisoners. Killing them for not “bending the knee” to her was wrong, cruel,  and also politically a moronic move.

I have to agree,  I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.   She has a Major Ego problem.  Thing is that it wasn't suppose to be her that was queen.  It should have been the brother that she had killed( he did deserve it though).  I think that was another reason why her son died.  Killing off her own family. 

@Panter2000 

I think that it’s obvious by now that the path of Danaerys arch is going towards the mad queen resolution. In the last seasons it was all “bend the knee” “this is my birthright” “ I was born to rule…” blahblahblah.  How’s that none of her Westerosi advisers and friends had the balls to tell her “Not really, the Great Council in Westeros agreed that Targaryen girls aren’t born to rule, your brothers are who were born to rule. YOU was born to give heirs to one of them, or to give him allies through marriage with whatever house he wants to strenghen ties with “. 

3 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

It was worse than a crime, it was a blunder.  Dany will now discover that her actions have consequences, and that a man who her lover esteems is now an enemy, when he could have been a supporter.

That said, she handled the situation as well as she could.  She didn't offer condolences which would have been hypocritical, or start slagging off her victims, which would have been obnoxious.  She recognised at least that Sam needed to grieve for his family.

Archived