Sign in to follow this  
TwiceBorn

Choose your allegiance - green or black.

Posted (edited)

The ancient question of Targaryen succession has resurfaced. Just like with Dance of Dragons, we are to choose: who has a better claim? Green or Black?

Green: Jon Snow (allegedly Aegon Targaryen), a dragonrider and Warden of the North, who is a son of a crown prince and a direct male descendant of the main Targaryen line... though not by Targaryen mother.

Black: Daenerys Targaryen, a dragonrider, a mother of Dragons and Queen of Meereen, who is a daughter of a king and a direct female descendant of the main line by Targaryen mother.  Daenerys is older and already established herself as Jon's senior regarding his title as Warden of the North.

Who will you ride for?

Edited by TwiceBorn

Posted (edited)

Jon has obviously a better claim. The direct line is Aerys => Rhaegar => Jon.

EDIT: that being said, the Targaeryens are still just a bunch of invaders. Sure, they united the realm and founded the Westeros as one big kingdom but they are still invaders. imo no one has a "right" to rule the land just because they are Targaeryens, no matter if it is Jon or Dany.

EDIT 2: I wouldn't ride for any of them. Jon doesn't have dragons so he's doomed and Dany is too unpredictable. I'm fleeing to Essos. ;)

Edited by Nerevanin

Technically Jon Snow is, since he is the son of Rhaegar who, had everyone lived, would've come after Aegon son of Eila, but before Rhaenys, Viserys, and Daenerys. I'm pretty sure he is also older then Daenerys by the way, he is in the books at least, maybe they changed it in the show. Daenerys cant have children either, so Jon would be the heir anyway, or at least a child of his.

Then again there is also the theory that Aerys disinherited Rhaegar in favor of Viserys, so that would mean any child of Rhaegar also wouldn't count in the succession. As far as we know though there isn't any written proof of that, just how there isn't any written proof that Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. 

I know its a cop out answer, but I'd go with them both marrying each other. Its what would've happened at the end of the Dance of the Dragons, Aegon's daughter marrying Rhaenyra's son, had the daughter not died at least. I don't think Jon by himself would make a good King, especially not a Southern one, but I also feel like Daenerys is a bit too black or white regarding politics of Westeros. I feel like both of them together would even each other out. Plus it also makes sure that there isn't a future Targaryen civil war between the descendants of Jon and Daenerys, since they both have a dragon now they are essentially on equal playing fields. 

Posted (edited)

Also Jon died so all his claims and inheritance were passed on, just like his Night's Watch Oath was no longer binding according to him.

Edited by D-Shiznit

Also he relinquished all his lands and titles once he initially took the NW oath. So either way you slice it he has no legal standing.

2 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

The ancient question of Targaryen succession has resurfaced. Just like with Dance of Dragons, we are to choose: who has a better claim? Green or Black?

Green: Jon Snow (allegedly Aegon Targaryen), a dragonrider and Warden of the North, who is a son of a crown prince and a direct male descendant of the main Targaryen line... though not by Targaryen mother.

Black: Daenerys Targaryen, a dragonrider, a mother of Dragons and Queen of Meereen, who is a daughter of a king and a direct female descendant of the main line by Targaryen mother.  Daenerys is older and already established herself as Jon's senior regarding his title as Warden of the North.

Who will you ride for?

Actually Jon is older. At least in the books. 

As far as choosing though, they’re a package deal at this point.