Dorne? Highgarden? Riverlands?

Nerevanin

I don’t really care if we ever see Edmure again. But having Arya go to the twins and murder all the Frey’s worth a damn and not free her uncle, even off screen, is kind of an affront to the intelligence of anybody paying attention.

2 hours ago, UnViserion said:

But having Arya go to the twins and murder all the Frey’s worth a damn and not free her uncle, even off screen, is kind of an affront to the intelligence of anybody paying attention

That's true. It either is a sort of plot-hole or the Lannisters keep Edmure captured somewhere else after the Riverrun incident.

12 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

That's true. It either is a sort of plot-hole or the Lannisters keep Edmure captured somewhere else after the Riverrun incident.

And it’s possible the Lannister’s did that. Edmure isn’t terribly important in the show so regardless of what happened to him the story goes on. Though the last time he was mentioned Walker Frey mentioned he’d found his way back to his dungeon cell so as far as we know he was being held at the Twins. 

On 4/16/2019 at 11:56 PM, UnViserion said:

I don’t really care if we ever see Edmure again. But having Arya go to the twins and murder all the Frey’s worth a damn and not free her uncle, even off screen, is kind of an affront to the intelligence of anybody paying attention.

Mess, I haven't even realized that. A plot as giant as the titan of Braavos, if you ask me.

In the books, I believe Jaime arranged for Edmure to be taken to Casterly Rock.

So if in the show, Edmure remained at Riverrun as a hostage, then Arya may not have known to go there and free her uncle. Though, honestly I'm not sure Arya cares about Edmure. If he was taken back to The Twins instead, then yeah, that is a dick move from Arya to not even bother getting him out of the dungeons.

If it's like in the books, then the Unsullied should have freed Edmure at Casterly Rock.

But, ultimately, the show has stopped caring about Edmure, and the Riverlands.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:39 AM, Nerevanin said:

Because he is not only the rightful heir to Riverlands (not that D&D care that much about such things though) but also because he is member or relative of the Stark family. They are gathering allies, "family comes first", "lone wolf dies but pack survives", but they don't care about their uncle. He also had an important role in the past (No Edmure = no Red Wedding = no dead Robb and Cat). Either kill him, or free him, I don't care, but don't leave his fate unknown.

It would be terrible if we don’t see Edmure and the Riverlands again, but that’s probabaly what’s going to happen. Look at Robert Arryn. Until the alliance with Dany, his army made up the overwhelming majority of the Northern forces and we haven’t seen him even though he’s by far Jons most powerful vassal... for some reason. At most we’ll probably get a bit of follow up with the Tarlys.

Dorne and the Riverlands are not important to the story line right now, but that doesn't mean they won't become important again after the NK and AotD are destroyed and Dany, or whoever is left to challenge Cersei, head south to do so.

The surviving troops of the Reach could be at Winterfell with the rest of Dany's army. Under normal circumstances she would have left a contingent of Dothraki and Reach soldiers there to hold the Reach so Cersei can't just take it back, but she may have taken her entire force north because Jon would want as many soldiers as possible to face the AotD.

Didn't the Unsullied arrive at Casterly Rock by ship? So why would they have to march back to Dragonstone?

Cersei receives Euron and Strickland in an empty throne room. What's the point? Did they already tear down the other sets, like the private study or council chambers? Is there even a small council anymore, or just Cersei and Qyburn? Cersei is ruling over an empty land.

55 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Cersei receives Euron and Strickland in an empty throne room. What's the point? Did they already tear down the other sets, like the private study or council chambers? Is there even a small council anymore, or just Cersei and Qyburn? Cersei is ruling over an empty land.

Well, I think that's precisely the point. Be careful what you wish for. Cercei has dreamed of total power, sitting on the Iron Throne. To get that, she's killed everyone; there's no one and nothing to rule over. "When you play the game of thrones," she told Ned, "You win or you die." What she failed to see is that playing by her rules, you win nothing. Against the existentialist threat of the White Walkers, her options are nothing or nothing. Her whole impulse, for which she lost her children and everything, has turned out to be utterly futile.

1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

Dorne and the Riverlands are not important to the story line right now, but that doesn't mean they won't become important again after the NK and AotD are destroyed and Dany, or whoever is left to challenge Cersei, head south to do so.

The surviving troops of the Reach could be at Winterfell with the rest of Dany's army. Under normal circumstances she would have left a contingent of Dothraki and Reach soldiers there to hold the Reach so Cersei can't just take it back, but she may have taken her entire force north because Jon would want as many soldiers as possible to face the AotD.

Didn't the Unsullied arrive at Casterly Rock by ship? So why would they have to march back to Dragonstone?

Unfortunately, in the show lately, people just teleport around the continent, and huge chunks of it simply disappear as D&D abandon any semblance of logistics or plot logic. I don't think we'll see many key regions again - just Winterfell, KL and maybe Dragonstone. Your Edmures and whoever's left will have 'red-shirt' cameos if they appear at all.

8 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Euron's ships destroyed them after they took an empty Casterly Rock. This forced the Unsullied to march across the Riverlands to King's Landing.

13 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Unfortunately, in the show lately, people just teleport around the continent,

I was very unhappy about the timeline idiocy of the wight excursion. That was simply dumb.

But other travels are mostly fine. We do not always see travels and sometime several days or weeks are supposed to be between scenes, but "just teleporting around" is a to black-and-white backbiting.

14 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

Euron's ships destroyed them after they took an empty Casterly Rock. This forced the Unsullied to march across the Riverlands to King's Landing.

Oh yeah, I remember now. And I just watched the whole series for like the 4th time a few months ago so I would remember stuff like that. A lot of good it did!

On 4/16/2019 at 6:51 AM, Nerevanin said:

What's going on with the armies of Dorne, Highgarden and Riverlands? Where are they? On whose side?

The leader of Dorne, Ellaria, joined forces with Dany. Ellaria was killed by Cersei but iirc Dorne was never conquered by Lannisters. So Dorne is a kind of independent anarchist land that no one cares about? Or are Dornish soldiers still with Dany, although they don't have a leader?

The leader of the Reach, Olenna, was also joined forces with Dany. Highgarden was later captured by Lannisters, Olenna is dead. What's up with the Tyrell army? Are they with Dany, although they don't a leader? Or are they with Cersei because the Lannisters conquered Highgarden?

As of Riverlands, Riverrun was conquered by Jaime iirc, Blackfish was killed iirc and Edmure is formally the lord of Riverlands but he is a prisoner of the Lannisters. So the Riverlands army is with Cersei?

So many armies up in the air tbh.

Didn't Oberyn mention that he had eight daughters?  So, presumably, five of them are still in Dorne; perhaps the oldest of the five has been declared Princess of Dorne.  Hopefully Dorne will remain untouched by war; and, now that Ellaria is imprisoned and possibly dead, and the obnoxious three oldest Sand Snakes dead, peace will reign in Sunspear.

24 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

Didn't Oberyn mention that he had eight daughters?  So, presumably, five of them are still in Dorne; perhaps the oldest of the five has been declared Princess of Dorne.  Hopefully Dorne will remain untouched by war; and, now that Ellaria is imprisoned and possibly dead, and the obnoxious three oldest Sand Snakes dead, peace will reign in Sunspear.

Not in the TV show - it completely wasted Dorne. It never even appeared for 3 series, and the only thing that ever happened was Myrcella's botched rescue. We'll have to wait for the books to enjoy Dorne again.

Archived