I am the Queen

JonSleet

3 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

For the last few years she has had the people of Essos falling at her feet worshipping her, The Dragons, Pale Skin, Blonde Hair... she stood out and barely had to work for their love..... since arriving in Westero's I feel she has been getting more and more frustrated with everyone not falling all over like she has been used to for the past few years and this I am the queen line is result of it.

Yeah, the Great Masters were HUGE supporters of her! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, the Great Masters were HUGE supporters of her! :lol:

Yeah well she was trying to change their bread and butter that's understandable lol!

I just mean in general when people saw her, she looked like queen/god to the people of Essos due to her pale complexion/hair and the added fact she had the dragons... these people were more than willing to fall down at her feet...

Where as back in Westoros, apart from the Dragon wow factor the people of Westeros are just like whatever... 

My Friend took his kids on holiday a few years back to Turkey if I remember rightly and people were constantly coming up and rubbing his sons head and fawning over him because of how pale/blonde he was..

14 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Wrong. 

“She’s not our queen because she’s the daughter of some king we never knew. “She’s the queen we chose.” ~Missandei 

The problem here is that Dany has some serious PR issues. And we all know it. Cersei managed to turn Tarlys and half Reach lords against Tyrells and Dany just by playing on their patriotism. I imagine Northerners have the same opinion of Dothraki and Unsullied. Furthermore, she is who she is - a Targaryen. There is not a Northern or Vale House that has not bled by Mad King. Her Hand is Tyrion Lannister, hardly the most popular person alive. Overall, she has issues here and she needs to resolve them. Pronto.

It was normal back in Season 7 for Jon and Dany not to immediately meet eye to eye. Sansa and Dany were hardly expected to braid each other's hair (although the "Crypts" teaser showed us that Sansa has a hairstyle somewhere between Stark bun and Dany's braids). But Dany seems to be rather passive in her inspiring the Northerners. Yes, she brought the army and the dragons and she stopped there. She allowed Tyrion to speak in her name, instead of actually doing the talking (like she did with both the Unsullied and Dothraki and lastly with Jon). 

The problem in this episode is that she remained too silent. This is the first time she responded like that. Dany is able to make people like and love her. But she is not the usual herself. She needs to be more proactive. Like she has always been :D

15 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Wrong. 

“She’s not our queen because she’s the daughter of some king we never knew. “She’s the queen we chose.” ~Missandei 

Yeah, but there is a world of difference between how she treated her followers from Essos. She earned their loyalty. In Westeros, she demands it.

2 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Yeah, but there is a world of difference between how she treated her followers from Essos. She earned their loyalty. In Westeros, she demands it.

So when Stannis went North to help the NW he was “The King Who Cared” but when Daenerys does the exact same thing (even though she had more options than he did) she’s just some entitled Queen that expects loyalty for nothing? Hmm...

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

So when Stannis went North to help the NW he was “The King Who Cared” but when Daenerys does the exact same thing (even though she had more options than he did) she’s just some entitled Queen that expects loyalty for nothing? Hmm...

Again, Stannis didn't have PR issues Dany have. That's a difference between two situations. No one is saying Dany is being treated fairly, but she has to understand Northern/Vale POV.

Just now, Risto said:

Again, Stannis didn't have PR issues Dany have. That's a difference between two situations. No one is saying Dany is being treated fairly, but she has to understand Northern/Vale POV.

Sure he did. He was trying to convert Westeros to a strange and foreign religion. 

Just now, Nictarion said:

Sure he did. He was trying to convert Westeros to a strange and foreign religion. 

`Look, I am not claiming Dany deserves the treatment she has got, only that Northerners see her that way. It is a matter of fact. Why haven't they seen Stannis in the same way? Perhaps because he is a Baratheon, or someone they knew, or perhaps he "bought" them by attacking WF to save "Ned's little girl". Simply, they may be wrong, but there is a difference. Even Stannis got a f**k off letter from Lyanna Mormont.

If we speak about fandoms, then we both know that Stannis' popularity is not as overwhelming as it may have sounded. 

Nice catch OP. Jon said "I am A king" in S7...the "a" makes it sound different.

I still dont think Dany would have gone North if she was at a disadvantage in her war with Cersei. That was what the whole stupid truce was about. I think she doesnt even like the North or its people and is just playing fake nice for Jon. I also think Jon is playing fake nice for her. Most critics have noticed the lack of chemistry but I think that's actually what is going on. They cant be their true selves around each other. 

4 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Nice catch OP. Jon said "I am A king" in S7...the "a" makes it sound different.

I still dont think Dany would have gone North if she was at a disadvantage in her war with Cersei. That was what the whole stupid truce was about. I think she doesnt even like the North or its people and is just playing fake nice for Jon. I also think Jon is playing fake nice for her. Most critics have noticed the lack of chemistry but I think that's actually what is going on. They cant be their true selves around each other. 

Jon is not that politically savvy. I think he will ever be comfortable around her. I think Jon is into her but the number 1 think Jon cares about beating the Night King. That man isn't going to relax until they win or he dies again. Jon walks around like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Only time he seems to relax a little is when he sees his family for the first time in long time. Then they stress him out.  

The line was "I am HER queen." It was followed by "if she can't respect me..." before Daenerys's attention gets distracted. If she can't respect her, WHAT?

Couple that with Arya's line about Jon not forgetting who his family is and I think this foreshadows Jon being forced to choose between Dany and his family.

The show has certainly set up Jon as the sacrificial hero who will give his life for the realm.

It's unclear to me whether Dany and her divine right of kings mentality, which isn't very progressive, will somehow be overshadowed by the fact that she's a woman and an abolitionist, so her being the ruler will be progressive somehow and a good thing?

On 4/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, JonSleet said:

"Anyone who says 'I am the king' is no true king" - Tywin Lannister 

Danaerys says to Jon at one point in the episode "I am the Queen" 

Is this a hint/ foreshadowing by the writers or just bad writing? 

I think that Daenerys' entire sense that her life has any meaning turns on her being the Queen - hence her "faith in my self" speech in the previous season.

1 hour ago, Wildling Queen said:

The line was "I am HER queen." It was followed by "if she can't respect me..." before Daenerys's attention gets distracted. If she can't respect her, WHAT?

Couple that with Arya's line about Jon not forgetting who his family is and I think this foreshadows Jon being forced to choose between Dany and his family.

Dany is Jon's family, the line was also foreshadowing that as well.

4 minutes ago, Wildling Queen said:

Very true, but only one side of his family is making threats toward the other side.

Even if she is making threats, which she hasn't, not really, it is as a result of the other side of the family not being on board with the plan he and Dany agree on.

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Dany is Jon's family, the line was also foreshadowing that as well.

Yes, but family is more than the people you share genetics with. A family is a tight group that has each other's backs, loves and cares about each other. They nurture each other and help each other grow. 

1 minute ago, Ice Queen said:

Yes, but family is more than the people you share genetics with. A family is a tight group that has each other's backs, loves and cares about each other. They nurture each other and help each other grow. 

For Jon that's the Nights Watch more than it is the Starks.

Archived