I am the Queen

JonSleet

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

For Jon that's the Nights Watch more than it is the Starks.

You think? He left the Night's Watch at the threat from Ramsay to get Arya (Jeyne Poole) back and to smash the Boltons once and for all. 

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Books =/= Show

He left the Night's Watch at the threat from Ramsay Bolton. LOL Ramsay even offered to pardon him for deserting the NW. He then goes on a tour of the North getting support so he can kick the Boltons out of Winterfell.

He cares more for his family than he does the NW. He always has. He tried to leave when Ned was arrested and Robb called the banners. He tried to do what he felt was right at the Wall and they murdered him for it. 

1 minute ago, Ice Queen said:

He left the Night's Watch at the threat from Ramsay Bolton. LOL Ramsay even offered to pardon him for deserting the NW. He then goes on a tour of the North getting support so he can kick the Boltons out of Winterfell.

He cares more for his family than he does the NW. He always has. He tried to leave when Ned was arrested and Robb called the banners. He tried to do what he felt was right at the Wall and they murdered him for it. 

If you're talking about the show, he left the NW on his own, no connection to Ramsay or Starks at all in that decision. As for the books, this is not the place to discuss that.

If you're talking about the show, he left the NW on his own, no connection to Ramsay or Starks at all in that decision. As for the books, this is not the place to discuss that.

He left the NW on his own, knowing what they were going to face, to kick the Boltons out and reclaim Winterfell.

But he cares more about the NW? No, he doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

He left the NW on his own, knowing what they were going to face, to kick the Boltons out and reclaim Winterfell.

But he cares more about the NW? No, he doesn't. 

Umm no, he left the NW before Sansa even arrived at Winterfell, and later convinced him to fight the Boltons.

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Umm no, he left the NW before Sansa even arrived at Winterfell, and later convinced him to fight the Boltons.

Um, no he didn't. Sansa, Pod and Brienne arrive at Castle Black while Jon is still there. 

Just now, Ice Queen said:

Um, no he didn't. Sansa, Pod and Brienne arrive at Castle Black while Jon is still there. 

Umm yeah, watch the episode again, he is literally packing his things and saying he's leaving to Edd when Sansa arrives moments later.

Umm yeah, watch the episode again, he is literally packing his things and saying he's leaving to Edd when Sansa arrives moments later.

So I'm right. He hadn't left. He was still there when Sansa arrived. 

Then he gets the letter from Ramsay saying they have Rickon. That's when he loses his shit and puts together an army. 

So I'm right. He hadn't left. He was still there when Sansa arrived. 

Then he gets the letter from Ramsay saying they have Rickon. That's when he loses his shit and puts together an army. 

He had made up his mind and declared that he was leaving the NW before Sansa got there. When he gets the letter he even tells the attendant that he's not a member of the NW anymore and to not refer to him as such.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

He had made up his mind and declared that he was leaving the NW before Sansa got there. When he gets the letter he even tells the attendant that he's not a member of the NW anymore and to not refer to him as such.

Oh for Christ's sakes, this is what you said:

You're wrong, and I'm done arguing with you. Bye. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Not wrong, he had already made up his mind to leave the NW. Even if Sansa never showed up he was leaving because he was "tired of fighting". His leaving the NW had nothing to do with his loyalty to Starks or hatred for Boltons, it was because he was betrayed from within and disillusioned. Leaving the NW =/= Physically leaving Castle Black.

16 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

You’re wrong on this one. Sansa even has to convince him to fight. Jon tells her that he’s done fighting even after reading the letter. The episode prior to this one he hands edd the cloak and edd asks him “what do you want me to do with this?” Jon replies “wear it, burn it I don’t Care my watch has ended.” Sana’a hadn’t even showed up to the wall yet.

4 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

You’re wrong on this one. Sansa even has to convince him to fight. Jon tells her that he’s done fighting even after reading the letter. The episode prior to this one he hands edd the cloak and edd asks him “what do you want me to do with this?” Jon replies “wear it, burn it I don’t Care my watch has ended.” Sana’a hadn’t even showed up to the wall yet.

Which means he doesn't care about the NW or the people in it save Sam, Edd and Tormund. 

Rickon was his brother. In the end, that meant more to him than the NW, and so did Winterfell. You guys can prance around it all you want, but the argument was the the NW was Jon's family, not the Starks.

That is demonstrably false. 

Which means he doesn't care about the NW or the people in it save Sam, Edd and Tormund. 

Rickon was his brother. In the end, that meant more to him than the NW, and so did Winterfell. You guys can prance around it all you want, but the argument was the the NW was Jon's family, not the Starks.

That is demonstrably false. 

I never said that was his family, just that by your definition of family, the NW were more of a family to him than the Starks.

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I never said that was his family, just that by your definition of family, the NW were more of a family to him than the Starks.

But you started this argument by insisting that Dany is his family. You have to make ridiculous claims to avoid the very real possibility of Jon siding with his family against Dany.

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

But you started this argument by insisting that Dany is his family. You have to make ridiculous claims to avoid the very real possibility of Jon siding with his family against Dany.

No, I just pointed out that, that particular line could foreshadow his familial connection with Dany as well, which it very well could.

No, I just pointed out that, that particular line could foreshadow his familial connection with Dany as well, which it very well could.

Sam is the main family he picked up from the Nights Watch. Mormont and Aemon were his stand in dads, but Jon didn't fuck them either. Any "family" relationship with Dany is already weird and tainted. Hoping for a family bond at this point is hilarious.

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

Sam is the main family he picked up from the Nights Watch. Mormont and Aemon were his stand in dads, but Jon didn't fuck them either. Any "family" relationship with Dany is already weird and tainted. Hoping for a family bond at this point is hilarious.

Not if she's pregnant with his baby, all bets are off at that point. Jon is not going to want to father a bastard.

Archived