I am the Queen

JonSleet

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Not if she's pregnant with his baby, all bets are off at that point. Jon is not going to want to father a bastard.

Jon tells Sam to fuck off he's gotta marry Dany so he can have a legitimate child born of incest and restart the glorious reign of the Targaryens. I'm sure Sam will be very understanding. What happy family bonding moment this will be. 

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon tells Sam to fuck off he's gotta marry Dany so he can have a legitimate child born of incest and restart the glorious reign of the Targaryens. I'm sure Sam will be very understanding. What happy family bonding moment this will be. 

What do you think Sam would do if he had to choose between Jon and little Sam?

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

What do you think Sam would do if he had to choose between Jon and little Sam?

Everything you're bringing up is hypothetical and depends on Jon acting like he cares more about Dany than Sam or even the bigger issue that he would be marrying someone his best friend thinks is a murderous tyrant. Sam will do everything to put Jon on the throne over Dany. Jon will see Sam's wisdom. 

Orrrrr.... maybe Dany will have twins so they can fuck and Jon can continue to keep the bloodline pure!!! Lord knows thats the only purpose to his character...to give Dany exactly what she wants.

Just now, Rose of Red Lake said:

Everything you're bringing up is hypothetical and depends on Jon acting like he cares more about Dany than Sam or even the bigger issue that he would be marrying someone his best friend thinks is a murderous tyrant. Sam will do everything to put Jon on the throne over Dany. Jon will see Sam's wisdom. 

Orrrrr.... maybe Dany will have twins so they can fuck and Jon can continue to keep the bloodline pure!!! Lord knows thats the only purpose to his character...to give Dany exactly what she wants.

We're speculating about what's going to happen in the future, so yeah unless you've watched the whole season everything is hypothetical. Best friends are great and all, but no man picks them over their unborn child. Don't believe Jon will either.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

We're speculating about what's going to happen in the future, so yeah unless you've watched the whole season everything is hypothetical. Best friends are great and all, but no man picks them over their unborn child. Don't believe Jon will either.

Your speculations are based on a flawed understanding of the relationship ties and the political implication of this hypothetical choice.  Sam is his brother, as you argued before about the Nights Watch  So he would choose duty to a child over familial love. He'd also be forcing everyone to accept Targaryen hegemony, all because being a bastard is so terrible.

Jon is over that stigma, by the way. 

7 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

About fathering a bastard? Source? Other than your Dany-hating head that is.

The truth is that no one knows how Jon will react if he gets pregnancy-bomb on top of already having to process the heritage-bomb. There's so much for him to process, on top of the looming threat of the Nightking, it's a wonder the man hasn't snapped.

Speculate is the only thing we can do, until the show...shows us. 

6 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Your speculations are based on a flawed understanding of the relationship ties and the political implication of this hypothetical choice.  Sam is his brother, as you argued before about the Nights Watch  So he would choose duty to a child over familial love. He'd also be forcing everyone to accept Targaryen hegemony, all because being a bastard is so terrible.

Sam is his brother indeed, but Dany's child would be his child. Just like I don't expect Sam to choose Jon over little Sam, I don't expect Jon to choose Sam over his unborn baby.

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

He says matter-of-factly that he's a bastard in his convo with Missandei like it's no big deal. He's not hiding or ashamed of it anymore which makes sense for his character's journey. You'd notice if you paid attention instead of worshiping at the altar of the dragon cult. 

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Sam is his brother indeed, but Dany's child would be his child. Just like I don't expect Sam to choose Jon over little Sam, I don't expect Jon to choose Sam over his unborn baby.

He'd just be going against his own personal code, which is only a book thing anyway and we're not even sure if its that important to him after everything he's been through. So his choice is make the child of incest legitimate ....OR keep his long friendship ties with Sam, gets to avoid marrying aunt and the woman who burns people alive, and chooses not to restore the dynasty that is currently pissing everyone off.

This is all really silly anyway, because if Cersei's witch was right about her children, Dany's witch was right about hers. 

44 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

He says matter-of-factly that he's a bastard in his convo with Missandei like it's no big deal. He's not hiding or ashamed of it anymore which makes sense for his character's journey. You'd notice if you paid attention instead of worshiping at the altar of the dragon cult.  

Yes, because he has come to terms with being a bastard himself, he did a long time ago.
That doesn't mean that his potential child wont suffer the stigma associated with being a bastard.
Nothing in the show tells us that his opinion regarding fathering a bastard has changed.
Just because Jon doesn't care about being called a bastard doesn't mean that his child will be carefree about it.
As far as we know, his opinion on fathering a bastard hasn't changed - only of being a bastard himself. Huge difference.

Also, 99% if your posts on these boards currently are Daenerys-hate in some form. 
Just own it instead of getting offended and snarky when being called out on it. 

Edit: I won't deny that I'm a huge Daenerys-fan, but I'm also not blind to her (many) flaws. She's a controversial character and it's only to be expected that the fanbase is divided about her. I'm normally not even bothered about people voicing their negative opinions about her (we're all entitled to our opinion after all) - even when that's more or less the only thing they do.

But - when people are making stuff up I will call them out on it. In this case, you're clearly making stuff up about Jon suddenly changing his opinion about fathering a bastard, just to fit your narrative regarding Daenerys and the ensuing drama.

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon doesn’t care about being a bastard but I don’t think he would want to go through what he went through. He will marry Dany and make sure his kid has a mother and father. 

21 hours ago, Nictarion said:

So when Stannis went North to help the NW he was “The King Who Cared” but when Daenerys does the exact same thing (even though she had more options than he did) she’s just some entitled Queen that expects loyalty for nothing? Hmm...

Dany still feels entitled to the throne - pledging her assistance to Jon didn't change that. For all her faults, Dany is not stupid and certainly not heartless (that's how she inspired loyalty among the Unsullied, after all.) After seeing the AotD, she must know Jon's forces can't defeat them alone, and it they don't defeat them, she'll have no kingdom to rule. (There might also be a matter of vengeance for the NK taking Viseryion.) She clearly has not lost her arrogance. When her dragons first first fly over the northerners immediately after Jon said "I warned you, Northerners are not accepting of outsiders", she had such a smirk of satisfaction on her face, like that'll teach 'em. At first I thought it was affection for her babies, but then realized it was not. Then there was her comment to Sansa that dragons eat whatever they want. If she can't inspire respect and loyalty, she'll use intimidation if she must. And she feels absolutely no remorse for executing Randall and Dickon Tarly for not bending the knee.  If she has had a change of heart about how to win over the northerners, D&D would not have made a point of showing this side of her.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, JonSleet said:

"Anyone who says 'I am the king' is no true king" - Tywin Lannister 

Danaerys says to Jon at one point in the episode "I am the Queen" 

Is this a hint/ foreshadowing by the writers or just bad writing? 

Not foreshadowing, since we already know she's not the true queen in the Tywinian sense (hasn't got Westeros to recognize her rule yet) or the line of descent sense (Jon is ahead of her). 

10 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Well, he did have sex with Danny, didn't he? He didn't pause to put on a direwolf skin condom, did he?

With Ygrette you could plead duress. But now at the very least he's not being careful. 16 year-old Jon probably wouldn't even touch a girl with a gloved hand. 

13 minutes ago, darmody said:

Well, he did have sex with Danny, didn't he? He didn't pause to put on a direwolf skin condom, did he?

Yes, after being told over and over that she can't have children.
(And it's not like she hasn't tested with Daario on several occasions.)

Kinda moot to worry about birth control in that scenario, wouldn't you agree? Why would he worry about fathering a bastard with a woman who can't get pregnant?

28 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Kinda moot to worry about birth control in that scenario, wouldn't you agree? Why would he worry about fathering a bastard with a woman who can't get pregnant?

Why would Jon worry? Because he's Jon. The dreamboat who's only had sex a few times and turned down the hot red witch. 

It's not as if he was present to witness Danny's boyfriend giving it to her. And all she really has to go on is the fact that her first baby was a reptilian monster and something some witch who hated her may have said. 

Not sure where you're going with this.

It's a far stretch to assume "Jon slept with a woman who can't get pregnant, ergo he no longer cares about his child being a bastard or not".

As for turning down Melissande, he didn't love Melissandre (and probably thought of her as quite creepy), and he was still mourning Ygritte. 

6 hours ago, darmody said:

turned down the hot red witch

Come on, hot. She is much older than him, she clearly is creepy and she clearly wanted something from him other than just sexual desire.

Jon was smart enough to know, in contrast to young Gendry when being unable to resist Melisandre.

31 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Come on, hot. She is much older than him, she clearly is creepy and she clearly wanted something from him other than just sexual desire.

Jon was smart enough to know, in contrast to young Gendry when being unable to resist Melisandre.

This may be a matter of taste, and she is in her 40s in real life. (On the show, who knows?) But it's been well-established on-site that every male with a pulse finds her attractive. Even Renly commented upon it. Davos hates her and I'm pretty sure he's into her, too. 

Jon has other reasons to turn her down, obviously. But I think putting gods-know-what inside her shadow-womb is up there. 

Archived