My Arya/Jon Endgame Theory

Wildling Queen

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, I expect the new weapon to play an important role in the Great War. However, the Great War might not be the endgame of the series.

I don't believe so. The WW are thinking persons with individuality. The NK appears to be their commander, but there is no magical control. Only the wights are controlled by the WW who raised them

As far as we know the WW are independent, just fighting for the same cause.

So in that case, if killing the Night King won’t stop the Army of the Dead (the White Walker portion anyway), then what will???  Will they all have to be independently dispatched with Dragonglass or Valyrian steel?  So that must mean there’s a finite number of Walkers?  How many you guess?  10-20 max?

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

So in that case, if killing the Night King won’t stop the Army of the Dead

It's a great unknown. We know killing a WW kills the wights raised by him. We do not know whether killing the NK kills als WW created by him. Might be the case in the show to make the endgame easier.

On the other hand, how may WW exist, we do not know either. Maybe only a few dozen or even less? He needs Craster's babies to create new WW. Or whatever babies, but there have not been many around North of the wall for centuries.

Maybe all WW including the NK have to be killed, one by one.  With each WW down, the number of wight decreases.

Since the NK raised most of the wights, killing the Nightking would significantly reduce the number of opponents.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, Wildling Queen said:

I'm wondering if the Walkers might be the living people, including babies, that the NK turned while the wights are the reanimated dead.

That's my impression, because the WW themselves don't show any decay or injury.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:24 AM, Wildling Queen said:

Now that I completely agree with. I think according to the preview for the next episode plus the stated lengths of the upcoming episodes show that the Great War will play out in episode three. I don't know if there will be more to resolve it after that, but I think there will be the Great War and then the war with Cersei, making the second war the final endgame.

The war with the dead can't be the end game because like you said, there will still be Cersei to deal with and resolution of who sits on the Iron Throne (or if the Seven Kingdoms even remain intact.)

On 4/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, Kajjo said:

I could really imagine a loud, gruesome battle and suddenly all opponents crumble and fade and eerie silence follows. 

I think that would be awesome.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, Wildling Queen said:

We learned in season 7 that killing the NK means killing the entire army of the dead since he's the original maker of all of them. I'm wondering if that's because it kills the source of the magic that animates them, and if that isn't the same magic that animates Jon, which means that killing the NK would kill Jon, as well.

The NK was created by the magic of the children of the forest; Jon was raised by a priestess given that power by a god, which from a religious viewpoint is not magic. So it depends on if in GRRM's world gods are real and magic is a separate force, or if everything supernatural evolves from the same source.

Edit: As I pondered this futher it occurred to me that the NK himself is just a creation of magic; killing him doesn't kill whatever the magical force in the world is, so killing him should not kill Jon because he had no part in raising him.

22 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I don't think Nissa Nissa will matter on the tv show.  I think Nissa Nissa in the books will be Shireen.

if anyone fulfills the Nissa Nissa role, it will be Mel, and the fire within her will forge Light bringer. 

9 hours ago, Error-504 said:

if anyone fulfills the Nissa Nissa role, it will be Mel, and the fire within her will forge Light bringer. 

Yes, I like the theory, because there are so many clues to Melisandre's burning heart, the fire in her, she is very old, she knows she has to die and so on.

Archived