Jon&Dany - Easy to solve

Ser Yorick Ampersand

Quoth Sam to Jon about Dany: “You gave up your crown to save your people. Would she do the same?” 

The answer is of course yes. Yes she would and yes she will. Here's how.

Nobody ever asked exactly who it was that the Prince/Princess Who Was Promised was actually promised to. The answer is that the ancient pact at the God's Eye requires Men to provide the Others with children, such as those Crastor provided or those who were passed through the secret gate at the Nightfort, often enough bastards from the ancient First Night.

The promised princeling, the one to save the world from the Long Night, will do so not by victory in combat but rather by willing sacrifice. The Others have come to fetch home the princeling that was promised them.

This is Dany and her unborn  son by Jon, as her vision at the House of the Undying alluded to. She will indeed willingly give up her crown to save her people, going north to join the Others, but she will still have her new family. Even if you believe she will trujly never bring a living child to light again, pesky matters of life and death are hardly a barrier for the Others. She will live happily ever after, for millennia to come, just not amongst humans.

And the war will be over once Men fulfill their part of the bargain once again.

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

I do not think we should be so quick to decide Jon's nature.

Well, we have seen him react for seven years now.

But yes, major events and revelations can change a man.

2 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

He is what - 20 or 19 now?

He was 17 (in the show) when S1 began. He is now approximately 24. One year per season is the average time span.

In season 1:

Arya 11
Sansa 13
Rob 17
Jon  17
Bran 10
Rickon 6
Daenerys 15
Gendry 16

51 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

But that is who Jon WAS.  Suddenly we have a Jon who is legitimate, and not just legitimate, but with the bloodlines of two MAJOR families.  ...

Well, I thought death would change him, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so I don't have much hope for this revelation to change him.

4 hours ago, Kajjo said:

*Age-stuff*

Slight correction, but Jon and Daenerys are the same age in the show (Jon is slightly older), they where both born during the late stages of Roberts rebellion and are supposedly 23 during season 8. (Arya is 18 and Sansa is 20)

In season 1 (as far as we know), their ages would be:

Arya: ~11
Sansa: ~13
Robb: ~17
Jon: ~16
Bran: ~10
Daenerys: ~16
Rickon: ~6
Gendry: Unknown. (Do we even know how old Gendry is? I'd guess he's between Sansa and Jon.)

5 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

In season 1 (as far as we know), their ages would be:

Why "would"? In S1 we become to know the ages of several of the children directly by dialogue. Arya, Sansa and Bran state their age directly on-screen, and the age of Rickon is stated directly. So no "approx" needed and no guessing.

Sansa: 13
Arya: 11
Bran: 10
Rickon: 6

5 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Jon and Daenerys are the same age in the show (Jon is slightly older)

That's right. Robb, Jon and Daenerys are 17 in S1. They were born at the end of Robert's Rebellion and that is 17 years ago in the show.

6 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Gendry: Unknown. (Do we even know how old Gendry is? I'd guess he's between Sansa and Jon.)

In the show we don't really know. Obviously, however, Gendry was fathered by Robert earliest after the Sack of King's Landing, by enjoying a tavern wench there. That would make Gendry at least one year younger than Robb and Jon. I guess he is 16 in S1.

In the books there is a quote like "Gendry was five years older and a foot taller than [Arya]". So in the books Arya 9 and Gendry 14, that makes them in show 11 and 16.

Archived