Jon&Dany - Easy to solve

Ser Yorick Ampersand

It depends on if Daenerys finds out about Jon being a Targaryen before or after she gets pregnant. If she finds out before then she would want Jon to marry someone else to carry on the Targaryen bloodline since she thinks she cant have children. If she finds out after then honestly at that point they would've probably already broached the subject of marriage to make their child legitimate. It also prevents a future Targaryen civil war, since now both Daenerys and Jon are dragonriders they would probably pass on their own dragon onto their descendants, so if they both married into two different families then there would be a risk of another dance of the dragons. 

I'm still not convinced that they will both survive the war. It is possible that they marry before it ends (doubt it though). But I still think that Dany will die. John is pretty likely to die as well imo. At this point the only characters that I'm sure that they'll survive are Sansa and Tyrion.

Do you mean to use the option of a marriage alliance?... to use the reason that she argued to leave Daario in Mereen?... use the norms and ways of doing things in this world setting?... too much logic, better create more nonsense

13 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I'm still not convinced that they will both survive the war. It is possible that they marry before it ends (doubt it though). But I still think that Dany will die. John is pretty likely to die as well imo. At this point the only characters that I'm sure that they'll survive are Sansa and Tyrion.

Having both the main protagonists die is not "bittersweet", it's outright tragic.

Daenerys life at this point seems bound to her potential pregnancy. If she's pregnant, there's no way she dies before the child is born (8-9 months away, which should mean that she either survives or dies in the last episode), but if she's not pregnant and it's all a red herring I do expect her to die before the show is over.

Jon's fate is harder to predict. He is technically already (un)dead but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to die or not.

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

Having both the main protagonists die is not "bittersweet", it's outright tragic.

Daenerys life at this point seems bound to her potential pregnancy. If she's pregnant, there's no way she dies before the child is born (8-9 months away, which should mean that she either survives or dies in the last episode), but if she's not pregnant and it's all a red herring I do expect her to die before the show is over.

Jon's fate is harder to predict. He is technically already (un)dead but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to die or not.

I am sorry, was there a hint that Dany is pregnant or might be pregnant soon? (not meant in a passive-agreesive way, genuinly asking) I see a lot of people mention it but I'm not so sure about it. Let's not forget the "prophecy" of Mirri that Dany won't have any children. Frankly I've always thought that it was just the words of a bitter old woman who had nothing to lose at that point and that she said it just to make Dany shook, but who knows? In the books the conditions of when Dany can get pregnant again seem to be more or less fulfilled but in show, not really.

2 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I see a lot of people mention it but I'm not so sure about it.

I agree, I am not sure about it at all and I wouldn't like it. But there is a certain chance that it will happen that way.

There has been a bit of foreshadowing: Dany tells Jon she is barren in the dragon pit and Jon asked her whether she ever questioned the credibility of the witch. Further, At Dragonstone, Tyrion once tried to discuss order of succession should Daenerys conquer the throne. And of course, the two are lovers and have regular sex. A pregnancy under conditions of no contraception is not far-fatched. 

What would be far-fetched is that Daenaerys could give birth to a child inside the next months. That would be a messed-up timeline once again.

2 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I am sorry, was there a hint that Dany is pregnant or might be pregnant soon? (not meant in a passive-agreesive way, genuinly asking) I see a lot of people mention it but I'm not so sure about it. Let's not forget the "prophecy" of Mirri that Dany won't have any children. Frankly I've always thought that it was just the words of a bitter old woman who had nothing to lose at that point and that she said it just to make Dany shook, but who knows? In the books the conditions of when Dany can get pregnant again seem to be more or less fulfilled but in show, not really.

There's like at least 1-2 hints and jabs at a potential pregnancy in every episode in season 7 it feels like.
Not sure how you could've missed it, some of them was laughably unsubtle. 

As for the prophecy, while the show-version is shorter than the book-version, it has technically been fulfilled in the show as well.
I suggest you search on it (not being snarky), there's many theories regarding it, some more plausible than others. 

2 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Jon&Dany get married - Dany is Queen of 7Kindoms and John rules as Aegon.

The only real conflict is inside John, a possible identity crisis. Even the incest is irrelevant between Targaryens. They also love each other so I think there isn't a real conflict from Dany getting what she wants.

The incest may be irrelevant to Dany but we have no idea what Jons thoughts about it are. 

3 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Jon&Dany get married - Dany is Queen of 7Kindoms and John rules as Aegon.

The only real conflict is inside John, a possible identity crisis. Even the incest is irrelevant between Targaryens. They also love each other so I think there isn't a real conflict from Dany getting what she wants.

Well technically six kingdoms. She got rid of those worthless islands off the west coast.

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Well technically six kingdoms. She got rid of those worthless islands off the west coast.

Just fyi, the Iron Islands isn't one of the seven kingdoms. :)

The North.
The Riverlands.
The Westerlands.
The Reach.
The Vale.
The Stormlands.
Dorne. 

1 hour ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

The incest may be irrelevant to Dany but we have no idea what Jons thoughts about it are. 

The fact that they're related at all and that he's a Targaryen *should* be a much bigger wtf-moment for him than the fact that he's sleeping with his aunt.

If the Jon goes all "Incest ewwwww" then the showrunners are projecting our modern values on a character that shouldn't have them to begin with, which would be out of character for everyone involved.
In the world of Westeros, incest is frowned upon, but only siblings/parents and children are considered incest. 
Marriages between cousins are pretty common, and while marriages between aunt+nephew/uncle+niece are rarer (mostly due to the fact there's often a pretty big age difference in the latter case), they're not really considered incest and aren't frowned upon. It's the audience that's shouting "incest!", not the characters in the show.

At the end of the day, I doubt it's the actual "incest" that will cause the potential breakup.
Either they will continue to love each other regardless, or they will break up due to tension caused by something more jarring. 
(Or either or both of them die)

42 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Just fyi, the Iron Islands isn't one of the seven kingdoms. :)

The North.
The Riverlands.
The Westerlands.
The Reach.
The Vale.
The Stormlands.
Dorne. 

"Back in our day, you weren't a real man until you f***ed one girl from each of the Seven Kingdoms and the Riverlands. We used to call it 'Making the Eight'."

-Robert Baratheon

30 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

The fact that they're related at all and that he's a Targaryen *should* be a much bigger wtf-moment for him than the fact that he's sleeping with his aunt.

If the Jon goes all "Incest ewwwww" then the showrunners are projecting our modern values on a character that shouldn't have them to begin with, which would be out of character for everyone involved.
In the world of Westeros, incest is frowned upon, but only siblings/parents and children are considered incest. 
Marriages between cousins are pretty common, and while marriages between aunt+nephew/uncle+niece are rarer (mostly due to the fact there's often a pretty big age difference in the latter case), they're not really considered incest and aren't frowned upon. It's the audience that's shouting "incest!", not the characters in the show.

At the end of the day, I doubt it's the actual "incest" that will cause the potential breakup.
Either they will continue to love each other regardless, or they will break up due to tension caused by something more jarring. 
(Or either or both of them die)

Honestly I doubt the show will spend more then a line or two about the incest. I guess I was thinking more of  book Jon (if they even get together in the books). 

Not so easy. Assuming they get the fairy tale ending (not likely) Dany wants to rule and Jon doesn't, so I see Dany being the ruling royal rather than Jon, In the end it probably won't matter much in the day to day, but one has to be the boss and you think Dany is going to let that go? I don't. She's got dragons, even if Rhaegal is cool with Jon, it's still hers. She fought tooth and nail for what she's got. Like I said, -  if they survive, if the dragons survive and if there is a 7K to rule.

That and I wanted to say the Riverlands is the odd man out in the 7 Kingdoms, but I was beaten to the punch.

4 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

arriages between cousins are pretty common, and while marriages between aunt+nephew/uncle+niece are rarer (mostly due to the fact there's often a pretty big age difference in the latter case), they're not really considered incest and aren't frowned upon.

That's true. Incest is in direct blood line: Father, mother, brother, sister, grandpa etc. Not uncles or aunts or cousins. The latter is even quite frequently done in European noble Houses.

3 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Not so easy. Assuming they get the fairy tale ending (not likely) Dany wants to rule and Jon doesn't, so I see Dany being the ruling royal rather than Jon, In the end it probably won't matter much in the day to day, but one has to be the boss and you think Dany is going to let that go? I don't. She's got dragons, even if Rhaegal is cool with Jon, it's still hers. She fought tooth and nail for what she's got. Like I said, -  if they survive, if the dragons survive and if there is a 7K to rule.

That and I wanted to say the Riverlands is the odd man out in the 7 Kingdoms, but I was beaten to the punch.

Exactly Jon doesn’t want to rule. He has no issues with leading when called upon but he seems like the guy who wants to retire on a farm after the war is over or training new soldiers. 

10 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Exactly Jon doesn’t want to rule. He has no issues with leading when called upon but he seems like the guy who wants to retire on a farm after the war is over or training new soldiers. 

I agree. Jon is not hungry for power but is driven by helping people and getting things done. He is the opposite in this regard to Daenerys.

18 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

I agree. Jon is not hungry for power but is driven by helping people and getting things done. He is the opposite in this regard to Daenerys.

But that is who Jon WAS.  Suddenly we have a Jon who is legitimate, and not just legitimate, but with the bloodlines of two MAJOR families.  And he is the son of two parents who loved him very much, and an uncle who protected Jon all of his life.  Not only is Jon no longer a bastard, but he can be large and in charge, due to his new status.  Up to this moment, Jon's character is made up of Ned's good examples, and feeling left out, alone, a bastard.  

Now his future belongs to him, and he can make decisions that matter.  I do not think we should be so quick to decide Jon's nature.  He is what - 19 or 20 now?  If Winterfell wasn't have a national emergency, Jon might be staying out late, drinking, and driving too fast - for a short time :-)

Archived