Remorseful Jaime, Unrepentant Dany

Krishtotter

1 minute ago, princess brittany said:

what am i assuming ?

That Daenerys enjoys killing people.
She doesn't, if anything she considers it a necessary evil. 
"We both want to help people, we can only help people from a position of strength. Sometimes strength is terrible."

1 minute ago, princess brittany said:

thats worst then beheading 

Yes, but sometimes the punishment fits the crime. Slavery is one of, if not the most horrible thing ever.
I think so (watch some documentaries on modern day trafficking, aka. slavery) and Daenerys thinks so as well.

With that said, collective punishment is always a horrible thing, and she realized this when ruling Mereen. 
Why people bring that up now I have no clue.

6 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I am not arguing for the Tarleys, nor Jon. [although I would point out that the Tarleys are not hands- on murderers, they murdered indirectly, re: Olenna]  

My issue is that Dany does not seem to operate on any moderate level.  She is trying to take over a city/area and showing mercy might have given a folks a reason to love her.  Showing up, burning men and supplies was not enough?  She then had 2 more men burned alive to make her point.  I think her point was made with the dragon attack.  She had men beheaded and put their heads on spikes.  Her dragons ate children.  

In season 7, ep 4, Jon tells Dany that "if she uses dragons to melt castles and burn cities, she isn't different, she is just more of the same". 

I think Dany is too taken with her dragon power and her rightful (in her mind) rise to complete power. In short, Dany is dangerous.

i dont know why she had them bend the knee right then since she isnt  queen yet. the big dragon ate the child. the other two ate goats. she couldnt  control them now she can i guess. she knows that she has power that most people will never have like being unburned and dragons.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

She decides not to attack based on Jon's advice.  He points out to her that, by killing and roasting people, she would only be more of the same.

Jon says something to the effect that if she would melt castles and burn cities that she would be more of the same.  Not quite the same as 'killing and roasting people'.  She will have to kill to get the throne.  She doesn't have to indiscriminately kill lots of innocents in the process.  Much earlier, in Astapor, Dany shows a distaste for the deaths of innocents due to war.  In the end, she listens to Jon, and does not attack the Red Keep and Kings Landing directly.  She chooses another target.  A military target.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

She decides not to attack based on Jon's advice.  He points out to her that, by killing and roasting people, she would only be more of the same.

Well, but she made the decision of not attacking, right...? And Jon wasn't in this scene, Tyrion was.

42 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

i dont know why she had them bend the knee right then since she isnt  queen yet. the big dragon ate the child. the other two ate goats. she couldnt  control them now she can i guess. she knows that she has power that most people will never have like being unburned and dragons.

Having people bend the knee is exactly the process of becoming a queen....................................... And she isn't a nobody, she has a claim to the throne.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Yes, but sometimes the punishment fits the crime. Slavery is one of, if not the most horrible thing ever.
I think so (watch some documentaries on modern day trafficking, aka. slavery) and Daenerys thinks so as well.

Agree re. sometimes the punishment fits the crime.  And in this case, there is a specific crime - the prior crucifixion of 163 slave children just to make a point to Dany.  Meting the same as punishment to the Masters who authorized that is quite justified.  Particulalry to Dany.

With that said, collective punishment is always a horrible thing, and she realized this when ruling Mereen. 
Why people bring that up now I have no clue.

Neither do I.  Dany learned a lot by ruling Mereen.  

45 minutes ago, princess brittany said:

the big dragon ate the child. the other two ate goats. she couldnt  control them now she can i guess. 

Heh ... how many goats did Drogon and Rhaegal eat in one day outside Winterfell?  18?  Plus 11 of something else?

And that "wasn't eating". 

9 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Agree re. sometimes the punishment fits the crime.  And in this case, there is a specific crime - the prior crucifixion of 163 slave children just to make a point to Dany.  Meting the same as punishment to the Masters who authorized that is quite justified.

Neither do I.  Dany learned a lot by ruling Mereen.  

some of them might not have had anything to do with the crucifixion of the children. 

Just now, princess brittany said:

some of them might not have had anything to do with the crucifixion of the children. 

"Might not have"? We know that some of them didn't have anything to do with it thanks to Hizdahr zo Loraq, so committing collective punishment against all the masters was a bad and black&white approach which ended up being one of her biggest mistakes ever made.

She also learned from that mistake, and afaik has never issued any form of collective punishment ever since.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, MinscS2 said:

Elaborate, please.

Dany has quite the temper and is impulsive, something we've seen Jon easily being able to...temper. :P
Jon on the flip side, seems to have found his spark again after meeting Dany.
(And he is still being able to focus on what's important, i.e. the Nightking)

If anything, Jon and Dany seem to be genuinely good for each other, at least for now.

Totally agree. Dany is the hot head and Jon is the calm, tempered one. As Dany stated to Sansa she could have went straight to the IT (easy win with 3 dragons) when she got to Westeros, but her love for Jon swayed her to go north to fight his war, which is far more dangerous. Which could mean impending death for her and him. He is her good conscience.

9 hours ago, Charlie Hustle said:

Totally agree. Dany is the hot head and Jon is the calm, tempered one. 

Interesting phrasing - Dany is the hot head (the warm Nissa Nissa) and Jon is the tempered one (AA).  Maybe it is simply the combination of Dany and Jon that will bring about lightbringer.

Archived