Waterfall scene - Dany & Jon

D-Shiznit

Kit and Emilia have known each other and been actual friends for close to a decade (longer than Kit has known Rose), so any argument about them having bad chemistry due to being unfamiliar with each other are automatically null and void.

I personally think their on-screen chemistry is fine. Not 10/10 but definitely good enough to sell them as being lovers. 

Something I've noticed already during S7 is that people who dislike Jon or Daenerys, or Jonerys in general have a tendency to complain about their on-screen chemistry. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't matter if these actors won awards for their acting (*cough*), these people would still not see it because the simple truth is that they don't want to. 

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

Kit and Emilia have known each other and been actual friends for close to a decade (longer than Kit has known Rose), so any argument about them having bad chemistry due to being unfamiliar with each other are automatically null and void.

I personally think their on-screen chemistry is fine. Not 10/10 but definitely good enough to sell them as being lovers. 

Something I've noticed already during S7 is that people who dislike Jon or Daenerys, or Jonerys in general have a tendency to complain about their on-screen chemistry. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't matter if these actors won awards for their acting (*cough*), these people would still not see it because the simple truth is that they don't want to. 

Agreed, "on-screen chemistry" is the go to line for anyone who doesn't like the idea of two characters pairing because it is so subjective, and is in the eye of the beholder.

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting they don't like each other; any 'bad chemistry' is down to the awkwardness of the 3-way friendship.

7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting they don't like each other; any 'bad chemistry' is down to the awkwardness of the 3-way friendship.

I didn't say "don't like each other", I said "unfamiliar with each other".

It was a response to this, posted earlier in this thread:

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

I am with you on this. Kit and Emilia don't seem to have much chemistry together. It feels so forced. I don't know if it's the actors or the fact the story is rushing it or they haven't spent much time together in real life.

34 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

According to Esquire, Kit (in an interview) said he didn't meet Emilia till  Game of Thrones. Now grant it, he told the Daily Mirror that him and Emilia have become best friends over the seven year period of Game of Thrones.

So you're right, they do seem to be good/great/best friends. So it's not a familiar problem.

You may think of it as good enough of them being lovers, which is fine. That's awesome. But for some, it's not. I, my wife and the group of people who I watch the show with, don't see it. But hey, we could be the minority opinion on that for sure.

Archived