THAT Look that Bran Gives Tyrion...

A Time for Starks

It's the part of the episode where right after Tyrion and Sansa are done talking, Bran looks up at Tyrion and gives him an evil stare.  What could this mean?  I'm sure he gives him this stare for a reason.

There are theories out there that Tyrion betrays Dany.  I'm wondering if this look Bran gives Tyrion strengthens this theory.  Perhaps Bran is looking ominously at Tyrion because Bran knows he is up to something mischievous.

Some of the theories out there include that Tyrion is working with Cersei to betray Dany.  But after thinking about it, I don't think this is what's going on.  Because if so, then the Bronn-Qyburn scene doesn't make sense.  If Tyrion and Cersei are working together to betray Dany, then why would she send Bronn up to kill Tyrion?  I guess Cersei could be playing him.  But also, if Tyrion is in cahoots with Cersei, he surely knows that the Lannister army is NOT coming up to Winterfell.  But he makes it a point to say twice that they are coming up to Winterfell to help.  I guess he could be leading people on, and when they don't show up he can act surprised.  Even still, I think it's less likely they're working together after this episode.

Or is the look because Tyrion is going to die soon and Bran knows it?  Anyway, wanted to get thoughts from others as to what this look means. 

3 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

There are theories out there that Tyrion betrays Dany.  I'm wondering if this look Bran gives Tyrion strengthens this theory.  Perhaps Bran is looking ominously at Tyrion because Bran knows he is up to something mischievous.

I believe this could be true. Tyrion is holding back about his talk with Cersei.

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but do we know if Bran can see into the future? We know the raven  has three eyes, so it would make sense that he can see past and present, but future? I dunno. It would explain if he mistrusts Tyrion.

4 minutes ago, tallTale said:

Sorry for going off topic, but do we know if Bran can see into the future? We know the crow has three eyes, so it would make sense that he can see past and present, but future? I dunno. It would make sense if he foresaw Tyrion betraying people.

He probably can, at least to some extent, and probably very fragmented. 
He was sitting out in the cold waiting for Jamie after all - who hasn't announced his arrival to anyone, yet Bran knew both that he was coming and when. 

1 minute ago, tallTale said:

Sorry for going off topic, but do we know if Bran can see into the future? We know the crow has three eyes, so it would make sense that he can see past and present, but future? I dunno. It would make sense if he foresaw Tyrion betraying people.

Good point... Not sure if he can see in the future

But him being unable to see in the future wouldn't negate the possibility of Bran being on to Tyrion.  If Tyrion has already started making plans to betray (whether it's with Cersei or possibly Varys) then he could've seen that.

3 hours ago, Pandean said:

I think it's just Bran's thing to eeriely stare at people now.

Someone on here mentioned that when bran is looking at people like that, he’s scrolling through their past events and Maybe even future events to come. When Jon and dany arrive at Winterfell you can see bran giving dany a subtle weird look. Some people took this to mean that bran had a problem with dany...while I’ve seen others state that he’s just realized that Jon is in a relationship with dany before he got to tell Jon the truth about his parents. 

3 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

He probably can, at least to some extent, and probably very fragmented. 
He was sitting out in the cold waiting for Jamie after all - who hasn't announced his arrival to anyone, yet Bran knew both that he was coming and when. 

He knew he was coming but not when. He spent the entire night in front of the gate.

3 hours ago, tallTale said:

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but do we know if Bran can see into the future? We know the raven  has three eyes, so it would make sense that he can see past and present, but future? I dunno. It would explain if he mistrusts Tyrion.

I don't know if we've directly seen future-visions, but I have the notion he sees possible futures. Like when he tells Arya he thought she'd be off to kill Cersei. Maybe that's what she was going to do before she learned Jon was King of the North. 

3 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

Come to think of it.  One of the most common visions Bran has is the one of the dragon flying over King's Landing which hasn't happened yet.  So seeing into the future seems like a possibility.

That's like Danny's vision of snow falling in the throne room, though. Symbolic and not necessarily literally something that's going to happen. 

Has there been an example of Bran seeing future events as clearly as he's seen past and present ones?

4 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

Come to think of it.  One of the most common visions Bran has is the one of the dragon flying over King's Landing which hasn't happened yet.  So seeing into the future seems like a possibility.

That vision could have been the past when dragons did fly over KL. Doesn't have to be a future vision.

Dragon flying over kings landing could have been any past dragon as well.  I had thought Bran could only see stuff that happened in range of weirwood trees since the big issue was made about the first men cut them down to stop the children from spying on them. But then again we saw Bran inside the tower of joy where a tree couldn't see so I dunno.,

2 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Someone on here mentioned that when bran is looking at people like that, he’s scrolling through their past events and Maybe even future events to come. When Jon and dany arrive at Winterfell you can see bran giving dany a subtle weird look. Some people took this to mean that bran had a problem with dany...while I’ve seen others state that he’s just realized that Jon is in a relationship with dany before he got to tell Jon the truth about his parents. 

I'm picturing him scrolling through past events and whatnot like a Facebook feed and it's glorious

Archived