THAT Look that Bran Gives Tyrion...

A Time for Starks

The last time Bran saw Tyrion before he became the 3ER Bran, Tyrion had done Bran a great kindness by designing a saddle for Bran to ride in. Perhaps 3ER Bran was thinking about that, and about the fact that the Starks had falsely accused Tyrion of plotting Bran's murder. 

The whole War of the 5 Kings started when Catelyn arrested and charged Tyrion. That single act has led to a lot of pain and suffering, especially for Cately and the Starks. 

3ER Bran could simply be contemplating how events have played out and how Tyrion has been crucial to these events. 

6 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

He probably can, at least to some extent, and probably very fragmented. 
He was sitting out in the cold waiting for Jamie after all - who hasn't announced his arrival to anyone, yet Bran knew both that he was coming and when. 

But he was out there all day. Bran can see the present, and the past, so he knew when jamie left for WF and can track his voyage, just like he is doing with the NK. From that he can make an educated guess when Jamie would arrive. If he could see the future, no need to wait all day, just head out five minutes prior to his arrival. We see no proclamations made by Bran that the NK will arrive on what particular day, at what particular time (which would  be immensely valuable). So I actually think the scene disproves the whole Bran can see the future scenario. Your just not looking at it from the proper perspective. 

6 hours ago, A Time for Starks said:

Come to think of it.  One of the most common visions Bran has is the one of the dragon flying over King's Landing which hasn't happened yet.  So seeing into the future seems like a possibility.

Visions and seeing into the future are separate things. Dany had visions as well. So did the hound. 

I think that Bran at least is checking stuff out about Tyrion: past and present stuff, from S1 up to S7.

At the moment I think Tyrion has been played by Cersei, and still loyal to Dany. But a part of him cannot help but stay loyal to Lannisters. If his sister is with child as he believes he will want to help her stay alive. And with Jonerys he feels inceasingly left out, especially with wedding plans put in his mind by Davos. Tyrion won't be the main influencer anymore, and he'd have to deal with all of Jon's advisers and family. Helping Dany to the throne would be basically putting Starks on the throne as long as he doesn't know that Jon is a Targ as well. And if he does learn Jon is a Targ too, and the heir that others will support (he grew up in Westeros, has the Northerners and Starks to back him, Theon and his Ironborn, and the Riverlands), then he might jump ship back to the Lannisters. Tyrion's in love with Dany, not Jon.

So, I don't think Tyrion's a traitor yet, but he might become one. And Bran is watching him.

4 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I think that Bran at least is checking stuff out about Tyrion: past and present stuff, from S1 up to S7.

At the moment I think Tyrion has been played by Cersei, and still loyal to Dany. But a part of him cannot help but stay loyal to Lannisters. If his sister is with child as he believes he will want to help her stay alive. And with Jonerys he feels inceasingly left out, especially with wedding plans put in his mind by Davos. Tyrion won't be the main influencer anymore, and he'd have to deal with all of Jon's advisers and family. Helping Dany to the throne would be basically putting Starks on the throne as long as he doesn't know that Jon is a Targ as well. And if he does learn Jon is a Targ too, and the heir that others will support (he grew up in Westeros, has the Northerners and Starks to back him, Theon and his Ironborn, and the Riverlands), then he might jump ship back to the Lannisters. Tyrion's in love with Dany, not Jon.

So, I don't think Tyrion's a traitor yet, but he might become one. And Bran is watching him.

I agree with most of this, except I don't think it is as black and white as you make it out to be. Are we to assume that Tyrions motivations are because he wants to be in a position of influence, regardless of who is in power? What i am saying is that getting pushed out of the Inner circle of influence with Dany doesn't automatically equate to trying to get into a position of influence with Cersei. He knows better. Even Jamie can no longer exude any influence over Cersei, so what hope does Tyrion have in that regard, other than allowing himself to be used as  pawn in another one of Cersei's schemes?

If Tyrion has any genuine concern for Cersei's child, then I think it comes from the fact that the child is also a child of Jamies. 

16 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

But he was out there all day. Bran can see the present, and the past, so he knew when jamie left for WF and can track his voyage, just like he is doing with the NK. From that he can make an educated guess when Jamie would arrive. If he could see the future, no need to wait all day, just head out five minutes prior to his arrival. We see no proclamations made by Bran that the NK will arrive on what particular day, at what particular time (which would  be immensely valuable). So I actually think the scene disproves the whole Bran can see the future scenario. Your just not looking at it from the proper perspective. 

He doesn't see every where all at the same time though, it's where he chooses to look right?

That scene is a little off because what he really would have done is had some ravens following Jaimes' travels, like he does with the Night King, then he would know exactly when/where.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

He doesn't see every where all at the same time though, it's where he chooses to look right?

That scene is a little off because what he really would have done is had some ravens following Jaimes' travels, like he does with the Night King, then he would know exactly when/where.

And he might have, but it's hard to guess what is happening off screen with Bran. You would also think Bran would know by now Cersei isn't sending any troops, and they don't need Jamie to tell them that. And his recon work in regards to the NK would be a little more up to date as well. 

2 hours ago, Error-504 said:

And he might have, but it's hard to guess what is happening off screen with Bran. You would also think Bran would know by now Cersei isn't sending any troops, and they don't need Jamie to tell them that. And his recon work in regards to the NK would be a little more up to date as well. 

Yeah, he should be their version of a spy plane watching troop movements not waiting at the gate for hours. 

24 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, he should be their version of a spy plane watching troop movements not waiting at the gate for hours. 

Maybe he already is? ;)

No one can get so much done while sitting in a wheelchair not moving a muscle, as Bran.
I figure he's in Three-Eyed-Raven-Mode whenever he doesn't actually speak with someone. 

One thing that went over my head is that bran says to Sam. “I’m waiting for an old friend.”...so bran can see the future? I can’t remember if that was ever previously confirmed. I know I’m the books BR says “soon you will learn to see beyond the trees”. I always took that to mean that eventually he would see events in the pass,  even if they didn’t occur near a weirwood tree.

48 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

One thing that went over my head is that bran says to Sam. “I’m waiting for an old friend.”...so bran can see the future? I can’t remember if that was ever previously confirmed. I know I’m the books BR says “soon you will learn to see beyond the trees”. I always took that to mean that eventually he would see events in the pass,  even if they didn’t occur near a weirwood tree.

Don't think it's ever confirmed he can see the future. He uses ravens to track the wights movements, shown on screen. He then also could have ravens along the kings road to see what's coming? Maybe he can see the future, but he also has on screen abilities that allow him to know this as well.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Don't think it's ever confirmed he can see the future. He uses ravens to track the wights movements, shown on screen. He then also could have ravens along the kings road to see what's coming? Maybe he can see the future, but he also has on screen abilities that allow him to know this as well.

Oh yeah! That’s mostly likely it. 

16 hours ago, Travis said:

I focused on tha Bran/Tyrion stare down and it similarities to the Arya/Littlefinger stare dow.

I'm curious as to what conclusions you draw in your other post making this comparison.  I can see some similarities (such as the location the look takes place).  But it's obvious that Arya and Littlefinger are suspicious of each other, and rightfully so.  Bran and Tyrion don't have anything to be suspicious of each other (unless Tyrion is up to something off camera as the theory implies).

19 minutes ago, A Time for Starks said:

I'm curious as to what conclusions you draw in your other post making this comparison.  I can see some similarities (such as the location the look takes place).  But it's obvious that Arya and Littlefinger are suspicious of each other, and rightfully so.  Bran and Tyrion don't have anything to be suspicious of each other (unless Tyrion is up to something off camera as the theory implies).

Did Cat tell Bran it was Tyrion who had the assassin try to kill him? Was that actually ever cleared up re. Bran, or does Bran lump Tyrion in with Jamie as Lannister brothers who tried to murder him?

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Did Cat tell Bran it was Tyrion who had the assassin try to kill him? Was that actually ever cleared up re. Bran, or does Bran lump Tyrion in with Jamie as Lannister brothers who tried to murder him?

I guess Bran has invested some greensight hours and clearing that up. He knew that "chaos is a ladder" and that Baelish was behind it all.

I don't think that he suspects Catelyn. Anyway, Catelyn never met her son again after he woke up.

Just now, Kajjo said:

I guess Bran has invested some greensight hours and clearing that up. He knew that "chaos is a ladder" and that Baelish was behind it all.

I don't think that he suspects Catelyn. Anyway, Catelyn never met her son again after he woke up.

I don't mean he suspects Cat. Cat was 100% convinced Tyrion was guilty due to being misled by her sister's letter. I assume she passed her belief onto Bran.

Now, HAS Bran 'invested greensight hours' into checking that? I doubt it. It's more likely he'll 'look it up' during Jamie's trial next episode.

22 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I assume she passed her belief onto Bran.

How do you suppose she did this? Bran was in coma when she left King's Landing and never returned. 

Bran knows about "chaos is a ladder" and he knows that the dagger is the catspaw's. 

24 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

likely he'll 'look it up' during Jamie's trial next episode.

Well, Jamie being the attempted murderer of Bran is now clear anyway. Bran knows it or could easily know it. The glance they exchanged shows me that Bran knows.

There is something going on Tyrion that we don't know, many scenes make no sense and they are not being subtle about it.  We certainly did not see him close the deal with Cersei and we have no idea why he would be concerned with Jon and Dany boning.

I doubt he is plotting to betray Dany, though they are leaving the breadcumbs out there to make us wonder.

Bran likely knows whatever it is and has decided to let it play out for now...

Archived