somebody clear a few things up for me ?

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

The Wall was built with magic so they couldn't get through it.

Unless the Wall's magic circles around the entire globe then theoretically if the Others can freeze large volumes of water by touching it, then they could have just built a frozen path in the water to a point past the Wall.

My conclusion is, the Others can't freeze large volumes of water like a lake.

Okay, I see what you're saying and you're right. That would have been the easiest thing to do.

Just to poke fun, the science geek in me says that salt water freezes at a lower temperature than fresh water. Not that D&D care about the laws of chemistry and physics or anything :D

5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Apparelty to D&D he's an ice dragon, not a wight. I thought he was a wight, especially with those wings ripping, but D&D say ice dragon, and the thing thing can spew "ice fire" or whatever that blue stuff was. Would a wighted dragon truly be able to do that? :dunno: I'm sooooooooooooooo confused :blink:

OMG really? Did they not read the World Book? Ice dragons are about 5 times the size of a fire dragon and breathe ice, not flame of any description.

:bang:

Edit: Here's the Wiki:

Ice dragons are said to roam the Shivering Sea and the White Waste. Reportedly, they are far larger than the dragons of Valyria and are made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal, vast translucent wings, and breath of cold.[1][j/quote}

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

Not sure she's too bothered about that. I think the rest of the North are pressurising her. I see her as primarily concerned with protecting her people. Her suspicion of Dany is due to Sansa's sense that Dany has an air of megalomania about her.

Sansa wants a title. She has always wanted a title. She likes power, and she's good with power. Sansa was well pissed when the Lords of the North chose Jon over her, because it was her idea in the first place to take back Winterfell. 

Just now, cirah1712 said:

Sansa wants a title. She has always wanted a title. She likes power, and she's good with power. Sansa was well pissed when the Lords of the North chose Jon over her, because it was her idea in the first place to take back Winterfell. 

Yes, but I think it's all part of her character arc that she's improving her priorities. Right now both she and Jon are focussed on the primary threat, but she rather than Jon can see how Dany's attitude could fatally undermine everything.

9 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Yes, but I think it's all part of her character arc that she's improving her priorities. Right now both she and Jon are focussed on the primary threat, but she rather than Jon can see how Dany's attitude could fatally undermine everything.

Yeah, Sansa is 100% focusing on defeating the dead, even though shes been unnecessarily hostile towards Daenerys. Yeah I know that Danaerys is not the Queen until she sits on the throne, so she shouldn't act like she is and make everyone call her Queen, but she has brought over 2 big armies, and a 2 dragons to help the North defeat the Army of the Dead, Sansa could at least appreciate that instead of making passive remarks about not being able to feed everyone. 

11 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

Sansa wants a title. She has always wanted a title.

Right. She always dreamed of being a queen.

12 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

She likes power, and she's good with power.

Well, as a girl she wanted to be Queen for the prestige, the fine things, the adoration. Not the power. As a queen consort married to a king regent there is not so much power.

Sansa has grown up to want more power, yes. Now she might really wish to be queen regent, not only queen consort.

14 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

Sansa was well pissed when the Lords of the North chose Jon over her

Well, difficult to say why she was pissed. She certainly cannot and want not to go into battle or lead troops or behead someone. Sansa is not really made for what a King needs to do. She just believes it could feel fine to be a Queen. Sansa mellowed and got more cunning. But queen material? I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Agreed. Sansa priorities seem to be fine at the moment, as far as we can tell. 

Jon is thinking with his dick instead of brain and does not see the shortcomings of Daenerys, yet. Interesting to see how this will develop.

Speaking of the wall something I've never got... the wall ends at both sides where land meets water I imagine ? why have WW never just went round it....

The NK is a smart chap... from what we've seen and he is capable of making his army of the dead do great things... why did he never just build a small crossing round the side of the wall for his army to walk round.

The Magic is contained to only the wall.. and when I say the wall I mean the actual structure not the area of space it was built... as when the wall went down they were able to cross over...

Just now, Kajjo said:

Right. She always dreamed of being a queen.

Well, as a girl she wanted to be Queen for the prestige, the fine things, the adoration. Not the power. As a queen consort married to a king regent there is not so much power.

Sansa has grown up to want more power, yes. Now she might really wish to be queen regent, not only queen consort.

Well, difficult to say why she was pissed. She certainly cannot and want not to go into battle or lead troops or behead someone. Sansa is not really made for what a King needs to do. She just believes it could feel fine to be a Queen. Sansa mellowed and got more cunning. But queen material? I doubt it.

Sans a would put someone to death, as a King would do, she done so with Little finger, she just wouldn't execute them herself. 

10 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Speaking of the wall something I've never got... the wall ends at both sides where land meets water I imagine ? why have WW never just went round it....

The NK is a smart chap... from what we've seen and he is capable of making his army of the dead do great things... why did he never just build a small crossing round the side of the wall for his army to walk round.

The Magic is contained to only the wall.. and when I say the wall I mean the actual structure not the area of space it was built... as when the wall went down they were able to cross over...

It's implied that the wights don't do water. The show could show this more clearly, for sure.

11 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

And here's another thing. How can they take over Essos, much less the rest of the world, if they can't cross water? Unless they figure it out or there's something we haven't seen yet, they're confined to Westeros. 

Just now, Ice Queen said:

And here's another thing. How can they take over Essos, much less the rest of the world, if they can't cross water? Unless they figure it out or there's something we haven't seen yet, they're confined to Westeros. 

Maybe they will learn how to use boats? Won't be the most outlandish thing the show has done haha.

5 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

It's implied that the wights don't do water. The show could show this more clearly, for sure.

Yeah I understand that  they don't do water, but that wouldn't stop them building around the wall, when I say build around the wall I mean a structure attached to the actual wall that goes round it.

And also they must do a little bit of water... did they not attach the chains to the Dragon that was buried deep in the water to pull it out ?

Just now, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Yeah I understand that  they don't do water, but that wouldn't stop them building around the wall, when I say build around the wall I mean a structure attached to the actual wall that goes round it.

And also the must do a little bit of water... did they not attach the chains to the Dragon that was buried deep in the water to pull it out ?

Okay, am I the only one thinking Pirates of the Caribbean here?

But yeah, that would make sense. Unfortunately, logic and continuity is out of the running at this point.

Just now, btfu806 said:

Maybe they will learn how to use boats? Won't be the most outlandish thing the show has done haha.

Yes but I've always thought the magic that keeps them alive is rooted in the Westeros land.... which is the reason they cant do water as once they step off of land they fall to pieces like when they tried to enter the childrens cave.

But this is obviously full of holes as you see them jumping about off of roofs etc... so they would lose the magic their also.

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

And also the must do a little bit of water... did they not attach the chains to the Dragon that was buried deep in the water to pull it out ?

Well, I put that down to D&D going for their big dramatic spectacle without giving a damn about the plot. Expect to see a lot more examples over the next 5 weeks!

1 minute ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

Yes but I've always thought the magic that keeps them alive is rooted in the Westeros land.... which is the reason they cant do water as once they step off of land they fall to pieces like when they tried to enter the childrens cave.

But this is obviously full of holes as you see them jumping about off of roofs etc... so they would lose the magic their also.

I thought they died when trying to enter the cave because they put a magic barrier around it? Or something like that?

5 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Ah no, look at the map. There's plenty of 'Arctic' waters at the top that could easily freeze over.

Just now, btfu806 said:

I thought they died when trying to enter the cave because they put a magic barrier around it? Or something like that?

I thought it was the other way round, that their magic didn't work in the cave or something along those lines. same result but that the Walkers are powered by magic and the children/3eyedraven had managed to counter that magic with their own preventing them from entering.

Which would make sense if they cant leave Westeros for Essos as the magic would stop the moment they set sail.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Ah no, look at the map. There's plenty of 'Arctic' waters at the top that could easily freeze over.

Yes, but it might not be solid all the way to the next continent. Kind of like the floating ice cap at the North Pole in the real world. Even Antarctica is surrounded by open ocean. 

Archived