The Night King and King's Landing

Dragon Glass

45 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I am going to say the NK attacks winterfell and destroys it. Causing the human alliance to fall back into Cersei's army. Gotta make it super dramatic.

Yeah, could be. Difficult to predict.

But I agree, it is almost unlikely that the Battle of Winterfell is simply won by Winterfell. There needs to be more drama. Further, would be funny if Cersei's plan of waiting for the battle to be over would not work out.

Just now, Kajjo said:

Yeah, could be. Difficult to predict.

But I agree, it is almost unlikely that the Battle of Winterfell is simply won by Winterfell. There needs to be more drama.

My gut feeling is that the NK battle lasts two episodes. First one Winterfell "loses" then they come back and win. No idea what the tipping point is though. A part of me thinks the Golden Company will flip but I don't know.....

But I am only guessing it lasts that long based on the reports of how long filming took and the amount of work that went into it. But then again, who knows, that may have been the normal amount of time for filming haha.

The Night King getting stopped at Winterfell and not making it any farther south just seems weak.

Personally, I wold like to see the Night King attack and take King's Landing to ruin Cersei's day then fly over and pay a visit to the Maester Citadel in Oldtown.  The way the "Army of the Dead" stumbles along, he would have plenty of time to do it. Unfortunately, we don't have enough showtime left to see it.

I'm rooting for team Night King.

The Night King has no reason to risk himself or Viserion at Winterfell unless what he truly wants is there. 

And if his side sacks Winterfell but there are survivors who flee to several distinct locations, keep your eyes on which of those locations is the one he's drawn to.

Winterfell is frostbite. It will not hold against the AotD.

The final battle will probably take place at the Trident. The very place where Jon's father was killed by Robert.

source

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

21 hours ago, Ice Queen said:

I don't think the opposition has enough dragonglass to take them out. They need a weapon of mass destruction. 

Where does this 100,000 number come from? I think that's an order of magnitude too many. 

I know Gendry is a good smith but forging an ICBM might be a bit beyond his capabilities :P.

1 minute ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I know Gendry is a good smith but forging an ICBM might be a bit beyond his capabilities :P.

Doesn't have to be an ICMB. He doesn't need to fire it at Essos. Just lobbing it over the walls of Winterfell into the AotD is enough. Kinda like North Korea's first attempts at a missile launch.....

3 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Doesn't have to be an ICMB. He doesn't need to fire it at Essos. Just lobbing it over the walls of Winterfell into the AotD is enough. Kinda like North Korea's first attempts at a missile launch.....

:lmao: that’s very true, he would have a very bad day, bit hotter than dragon fire!.

14 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Or the Uruk-hai at the Battle of the Hornburg. :p

11 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

:lmao: that’s very true, he would have a very bad day, bit hotter than dragon fire!.

Anyone not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day, get it? 

Ten points to Gryffindor if you get the reference :D

2 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Using the Stark Crypts as a secret passage to the hill where the WW's are assembled and are controlling the AotD. :ninja:
Boom goes the bomb, all WW shattered, end of story, life is beautiful again :cheers::grouphug::love:

Wouldn't that be nice? :grouphug:

11 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

Anyone not wearing two million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day, get it? 

Ten points to Gryffindor if you get the reference :D

Sarah Connor in Terminator I think?.

P.S. I’m definitely a Slytherin :P.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, xander_blackfyre said:

I actually had this thought the other day.  The battle at Winterfell will be a rope a dope.  The Night's king has the power of sight just like Bran presumably and probably been watching the events south of the wall.  We know that the Walkers are not some mindless creatures just running over and crushing thing in their path, there is method and strategic thinking involved.  So he could have been observing and scouting his enemies from afar like any good general would.  

He knows what is waiting for him at Winterfell.  Unlike at Hardhome where he was outnumber the Winterfell army knows he is coming, they are also armed with the knowledge of how to fight them and they have the weapons to do it with.  From what we know of the NK he is not likely going to fight an army of 100,000+ with the knowledge and preparation and 2 dragons with riders.  He is not at an kind of advantage, but if he had been watching the westerosi during their wars of the last few years he would note that they have a habit of falling into the trap of committing all their forces to one place while leaving others wide open.  So I think in the battle of Winterfell he is going to pull a Rob Stark, split his forces send a walker or two along with a portion(large enough to cause a problem and keep them occupied) of his army to Winterfell.  Then taking the rest past winterfell along with his dragon south through the neck and into territory that does not know he or his army exists and just like the wildlings at hardhome are ill prepared and equipped to handle them.  

Simply splitting your forces is not pulling a Robb Stark. Anyway, aren't there like 100s of miles between Winterfell and the Neck? Presumably with rivers and hills and such in the way?

44 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Or, if the theory that killing the NK kills the entire AotD is correct, just someone with an obsidian spear and really good aim.

Arya looks to be constructing a Valeryian steel spear.

Who has the best chuckin aim? Jorah threw something at a Harpy once. 

12 minutes ago, darmody said:

Arya looks to be constructing a Valeryian steel spear.

Who has the best chuckin aim? Jorah threw something at a Harpy once. 

When he was in the fighting pit, right? And the Harpy was about to stab Daenyrs? That was awesome. It's gonna have to be a much farther throw than that though.

You mean an obsidian spear, right? The only way to get Valerian steel is to melt down an existing weapon, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to give theirs up. ;)  Whatever it is, it looks like it is to have two parts to it.

Archived