The Night King and King's Landing

Dragon Glass

10 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

When he was in the fighting pit, right? And the Harpy was about to stab Daenyrs? That was awesome. It's gonna have to be a much farther throw than that though.

You mean an obsidian spear, right? The only way to get Valerian steel is to melt down an existing weapon, and I'm pretty sure no one is going to give theirs up. ;)  Whatever it is, it looks like it is to have two parts to it.

Arya has the dagger Bran gave her. I was thinking that would be attached to whatever she wants Gendry to make. 

6 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Do I remember correctly? The dagger was originally Robert's?

I have no idea where it came from. Little Finger claimed it was Tyrion's. But Tyrion denied it, and we know Little Finger had cause to spark war between Lannisters and Starks by framing the former for a second attempt on Bran's life. 

9 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Do I remember correctly? The dagger was originally Robert's?

The Valyrian dagger is the one of the catspaw assassination attempt against the unconscious Bran in S1.

It was Baelish' dagger and he claimed to have lost it in a bet against Tyrion. This is a lie, since Tyrion "never bets against his family" and Baelish claimed Tyrion bet against Jamie.

Catelyn has the dagger after the failed assassination and gives it to Ned Stark. After Ned's beheading Bealish re-acquires the dagger.

In S7 Baelish donates the dagger to Bran. Bran lets Bealish know he is aware of Baelish involvment by quoting Baelish with "chaos is a ladder".

Bran then gives the dagger to Arya. 

41 minutes ago, darmody said:

Arya has the dagger Bran gave her. I was thinking that would be attached to whatever she wants Gendry to make. 

Arya wants Gendry to make a stave. This makes sense, because she trained quite a lot with staves during her educaton at the faceless men.

One side of the stave is equipped with a dragon glass blade, the other so far unknown. Maybe both sides are dragon glass, maybe the Valyrian dagger might fit. Personally, I think it make sense to have both side symmetrically with dragon glass.

23 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Do I remember correctly? The dagger was originally Robert's?

As the above have said, it was originally Baelish's dagger. In the book's (not sure about the show), it was won by Robert at the tourney. Joffery then takes it and gives it the catspaw to kill Bran. Baelish just tells Cat that the dagger was won by Tyrion to start a war.

I think the dagger is going to be very important by the end of the story.

When Sam is trying to find information to stop the Night King at the Citadel he is looking in a book that has an illustration of the dagger in it.

And, after receiving the dagger from Baelish, Bran examines if and asks Petyr if who knew who the dagger belonged too. I got the hint that Bran knows the dagger's history and there's more to it than the War of the Five Kings.

I 'm thinking it may have belonged to Aegon the Conqueror originally.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:32 PM, Kajjo said:

Well, I admit that is more or less true. 

Wouldn't be too bad if the Nightking targets Cersei... however, I don't believe in it. But, yeah, who knows. 

However, the trailer with the big battle in Winterfell is quite conclusive, isn't it?

Maybe if the people in Winterfell hide in the crypts, the whitewalkers will only bypass Winterfell and head south?

8 hours ago, darmody said:

I don't think so. The picture is hard to see, but I paused it and I was able to out the word dragonglass next to the tip of the weapon. It is in 2 pieces, so it could be very well be a projectile of some sort.

4 hours ago, Dragon Glass said:

I think the dagger is going to be very important by the end of the story.

When Sam is trying to find information to stop the Night King at the Citadel he is looking in a book that has an illustration of the dagger in it.

And, after receiving the dagger from Baelish, Bran examines if and asks Petyr if who knew who the dagger belonged too. I got the hint that Bran knows the dagger's history and there's more to it than the War of the Five Kings.

I 'm thinking it may have belonged to Aegon the Conqueror originally.

Yeah, they keep drawing attention to the dagger, aside from the fact that it was LF's and used to by the would be assassin to kill Bran.

20 hours ago, darmody said:

Arya looks to be constructing a Valeryian steel spear.

Who has the best chuckin aim? Jorah threw something at a Harpy once. 

The spear has a dragonglass (obsidian) blade on the detachable part.  The drawing that Arya gave Gendry shows this.  The word 'dragonglass' is on the drawing, pointing at the blade on the detachable end.

45 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

Yeah, they keep drawing attention to the dagger, aside from the fact that it was LF's and used to by the would be assassin to kill Bran.

Agree regarding the dagger.  It has to have some important use.  Like taking down the NK.  Or Frankengregor.  Or somehow Viserion.

In the books, it could be used to KO Euron, who has Valyrian steel armor.

Archived