Order of deaths to come.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

But when is the end.... how does the amulet Mel wears work, does she just appear younger or does she actually become younger when she wears it giving her the chance to live on for 100s of years...

If Varys is also ageless then he too could run on for a few more kings/queens.

It's all fantasizing of course but there is obviously a lot of magic we are unaware of going on in Essos, Varys being unable to die of age could be something that was transferred onto him during the ritual when he heard the voice.

I just don't ever remember a time where Varys was ever flustered or feared for his life at any point during the show.. or even injured in any way.

He jumps from camp to camp without any fear for his life it would seem.

It actually makes her younger. Or else she could barely move. 

14 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

And yet they have absolutely no idea how many takes it will take to get the desired result, if the weather will co-operate, if the special effects will work out right, etc etc. So, no. I'm not saying they don't have a schedule, but they are not paid based on shooting hours. 

Are you trying to say Jamie will die this next episode? Care to make a wager? 

When considering compensation for an actor, there are two important considerations. The first and most important is their ability to sell the film. That is how some actors ended up receiving seven and eight figure payouts for what were essentially cameo roles. Like when Marlong Brando was signed for $3.5 million plus 11.5% of the gross for a role in Superman lasting less then five minutes.

Actors usually get an additional fee for each day of filming and for other days working.

Paying actors 'per episode' would make absolutely no sense for a production like Game of Thrones where there are multiple film units, multiple sets, etc. And in case you hadn't noticed, none of the characters appear in every episode.

What does happen is that the production gives out rough numbers and the press divide by the number of episodes. But the leads are being paid 'up to' $10 million for a season of which at least half is a lump sum and the rest variable according to how it will impact other work.

6 minutes ago, ummester said:

Can't wait for Rhaegon and Drogon to get ice spears through their stupid flamy gullets - fricken fire breathing abominations trying to emote like humans because the animators think they are making Dragonheart and not Game of Thrones.

Good way to trim costs eh? Cut down the need for all that CGI.

I think the dragons have to survive because they are the basis of Danny's power.

5 minutes ago, hallam said:

Good way to trim costs eh? Cut down the need for all that CGI.

I think the dragons have to survive because they are the basis of Danny's power.

Well, there would be 3 ice dragons then, so I am not sure costs would be cut. Dragons do make the living (who I guess are the stories protagonists) too OP though - it is an imbalance with this narrative I have never liked. Was a cool moment when they were born - but giving dragons to a self righteous do gooder always seemed like a set up for a major reversal of fortune to me - which still hasn't happened.

18 minutes ago, hallam said:

When considering compensation for an actor, there are two important considerations. The first and most important is their ability to sell the film. That is how some actors ended up receiving seven and eight figure payouts for what were essentially cameo roles. Like when Marlong Brando was signed for $3.5 million plus 11.5% of the gross for a role in Superman lasting less then five minutes.

Actors usually get an additional fee for each day of filming and for other days working.

Paying actors 'per episode' would make absolutely no sense for a production like Game of Thrones where there are multiple film units, multiple sets, etc. And in case you hadn't noticed, none of the characters appear in every episode.

What does happen is that the production gives out rough numbers and the press divide by the number of episodes. But the leads are being paid 'up to' $10 million for a season of which at least half is a lump sum and the rest variable according to how it will impact other work.

The actor mentioned his final scene without spoiling what actually happens: “I had a great last scene. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect way to end.” However, he did say the scene was towards the end, which means we’ll see plenty of Jaime in the upcoming season.

“Obviously I can’t tell you what the scene was. It wasn’t the final scene (of the series), but it was close to the end, and it was shot at a beautiful location,” the actor said, revealing that other cast members finished their filming for season 8 before him. “At this point, I had seen quite a lot of colleagues wrap, so I had seen a lot of tears, beautiful speeches, and I knew what to expect.”

Game/Set/Match

9 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

The actor mentioned his final scene without spoiling what actually happens: “I had a great last scene. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect way to end.” However, he did say the scene was towards the end, which means we’ll see plenty of Jaime in the upcoming season.

“Obviously I can’t tell you what the scene was. It wasn’t the final scene (of the series), but it was close to the end, and it was shot at a beautiful location,” the actor said, revealing that other cast members finished their filming for season 8 before him. “At this point, I had seen quite a lot of colleagues wrap, so I had seen a lot of tears, beautiful speeches, and I knew what to expect.”

Game/Set/Match

Looks like it was close to the end of shooting

3 minutes ago, hallam said:

Looks like it was close to the end of shooting

There was also an interview with Him and the actress that plays Brienne, that hinted he would live until the end. Still think he will die next week?

And for the record, where they shot the WF scenes was not a beautiful place. 

Grey Worms talk about taking Misandei to go walking on the beaches moves him to top of the list for next major death.

It's that old war movie cliche of the guy showing the photos of his wife and kids to everyone right before he is next to be shot...

The only ones that I feel certain won’t survive the battle of Winterfell are Tormund, Beric, dolorous Edd, and Grey Worm. 

But I think anyone who has already experienced their redemption or closure, and/or anyone who doesn’t realistically add anything to the rest of the story could also bite the dust: Davos, Jorah, Gendry, Theon. 

I cant imagine Jamie not living to make it back to KL and confront Cersei, but it would also be a really fitting death to see him give his life to save Bran, Dany, Sansa, Brienne, or even Tyrion. 

3 minutes ago, nborders said:

bite the dust: Davos, Jorah, Gendry, Theon. 

I think Theon will die, I hope Gendry and Davos will live. I can imagine Jorah to die.

4 minutes ago, nborders said:

won’t survive the battle of Winterfell are Tormund, Beric, dolorous Edd, and Grey Worm. 

Agreed. I am afraid they won't make it. Grey Worm had his farewell scene. Edd, Tormund and Beric have served their purpose.

6 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Agreed. I am afraid they won't make it. Grey Worm had his farewell scene. Edd, Tormund and Beric have served their purpose.

Tormund has to make big beautiful babies with Brienne! He can't die. I know Sam and GIlly and Davos and Jon are  still good characters - but they are boring. Tormund is the only nice character with any personality left on the show.

Besides, I don't want to see Brienne and Jamie hook up - she may have a special wet spot for him but I am sure he only sees her as an exemplar of honor and being a better knight, not a love interest. Tormund is the only chance big Brienne has of finding proper love.

Just now, ummester said:

Tormund has to make big beautiful babies with Brienne!

Brienne despises him and there will never be any mutual attraction, It's just Tormund who lusts for "the big woman". This is a running joke but not serious. All Brienne holds dear, like knighhood, honor, manners, nobility, is contrary to crude Tormund. 

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Tormund is the only nice character with any personality left on the show.

Yes, I like him, too, very much so. I would him to survive. I didn't understand this thread as "who we like" but "who we predict to die".

Not necessary in the upcoming battle, but overall I think that these are doomed: Grey Worm, Jorah, The Mountain, Jaime, Dany, Theon, Gendry, Beric, Bronn, all the dragons, Ghost (I might have forgotten someone)

Unsure but I think they'll die: Missandei, Jon, Pod, The Hound, Qyburn

Unsure but I think they'll live: Brienne, Cersei, Varys, Gilly, Arya, Tyrion, Yara, Edmure, Tormund

Safe: Sansa, Sam, Davos

Wildcards: Bran, Melisandre, Euron, Edd

My death predictions are specific to episode 3, the big battle only.

Probable death:

Jaime, Pod, Edd, Tormund, Beric, Greyworm, at least one of the dragons, Davos, Yohn Royce

50/50:

Brienne, Theon, Bran, Jorah, Missandei, Ghost, Gilly, Varys, Gendry, Night King

Probably safe:

Jon, Dany, Sam, Tyrion, Hound, Sansa, Arya 

My death predictions for Episode 3:

• High Risk: Tormund, Grey Worm, Edd, Davos, Beric, Lyanna M, Ghost and Theon
  • 50/50: Brienne or Jaime, Arya, Gendry, Jorah, The Hound, Drogon or Rhaegal, and Bran*
  • Going on to the next level episode: Jon, Daenerys, Sansa, Tyrion, Varys, and Sam (+ Gilly & BB!Sam)

(**) The reason why I'm a split on Bran is because they seem to have set him up as "certain to die" due to him being a sitting duck in the Godswood to lure out the Night King. It feels like it will go horribly wrong at some point. Bran could very well die but it would be lack luster as it would mean he got all that power and build up only to achieve nothing. Yet I wouldn't rule it out because show. However, I feel there is a good possibility that either Dany or Jon will airlift Bran out of Winterfell via dragon.

My death predictions over all (if not Episode 3 then at a later place and time):

• High Risk: (The above mentioned 'High Risks for Ep 3) + Cersei, Euron, Rhaegal, Drogon, The Hound, The Mountain, Qyburn, Varys, Gendry, Arya, Brienne and Jaime.
  • 50/50: Bran, Jorah, Daenerys and Jon
  • Going on to rebuild: Sansa, Tyrion, Sam (+Gilly & BB!Sam) and Yara. + all the off-screen characters who survived their last encounter with the writers.**

(**) For I am invoking the ancient law of "pics or it didn't happen" for them.

3 minutes ago, Faera said:

For I am invoking the ancient law of "pics or it didn't happen" for them.

Fair enough, but of course "pic or lines". Dialogue is enough. Not mentioned is potentially living, if in doubt.

4 minutes ago, Faera said:

as it would mean he got all that power and build up only to achieve nothing

That's a real problem with the whole Bran story line. If he were to die now, it would all seem like a red herring plot.

But I really cannot see him living through it all. We'll see. I mean, it makes a story gripping and full of positive tension to be NOT able to predict the deaths.

That's what good story-telling is about. And real life is about quite often, too. 

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Fair enough, but of course "pic or lines". Dialogue is enough. Not mentioned is potentially living, if in doubt.

True. 

7 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

But I really cannot see him living through it all. We'll see. I mean, it makes a story gripping and full of positive tension to be NOT able to predict the deaths.

I have no doubt that Bran will die in the end. Honestly, I'd be more surprised if he lived to the end at this point. However, I do feel that he might still make it out of Winterfell alive via dragon or something. 

I have no sense whatsoever but I'd like to try a guess :lol:

Will go: Brienne of Tarth; those directed to the crypts, Theon and all the ironborn (why did they agree to come here at all is a mistery), Pod

Might go: Bran (and so to preserve the memory of mankind Sam writes ASoIaF), Misandei, Beric, Jorah (tries Valyrian Steel on the NK but it does not work), Davos, Tyrion

Will not: Varys, Hound, Grey Worm, Jaime

Will never die on TV (again): Sansa, Sam, Jon

There must be one or more scenes where someone dies saving somebody, I do hope it is not Arya but it is hope only.

I don't think as many main characters will die in the upcoming battle in episode 3 as people think. It will be mostly walk-ons like Beric, Edd and Tormund. And maybe a couple second-stringers like Brienne and Grey Worm. But I don't think any main characters will die. They'll save that for the later episodes, especially if the Night King is not defeated.

Archived