Order of deaths to come.

Dying now: Tormund (sadly, I think his extra screen time this past episode is setting us up for a loss), Brienne (again sadly, but she will die a knight), Grey Worm (made his way-too-happy plans with Missandei), Beric, Edd (point about only 3 Night's Watch brothers left), Theon (his redemption is completed), Varys (he'll be in those damn crypts and hasn't really done much lately), Lyanna (made a point about fighting)

Dying later: Jorah, Hound (needs to see his brother), Jaime (hopefully kills Cersei, also has to confront Bronn), Jon or Dany, Bran (hopefully gives us more info about the Night King), and the Night King (I don't think such a big threat will be taken down in one episode)

Maybe surviving til the end: Tyrion, Davos, Gendry, Arya

Surviving: Sansa, Sam, Jon or Dany

Here is my predictions of who is going to, or likely to die in episode 3.

Of the Night's watch brothers: Jon will survive, Ed will likely die, and Sam will definitely die.  I'm surprised by how many people think he is safe when every scene in this episode made it more and more likely that he is going to die.

Of the hearth party:  Podrick will die, Davos might die, Tormund, Jaime, Tyrion, and Brienne are all safe.  Jaime and Tyrion can't die until Bronn tries to kill them.  Tormund is the only important wildling and so is needed to be their representative.  And Brienne becoming the first female knight of Westeros (plus such a trusted advisor to Sansa) makes it highly unlikely they will kill her off.

Of Team Dany:  Dany, Jorah, and Varys will live.  Missendai or Grey Worm will die, but not both.

Of Team Sansa:  Sansa will live, Theon will likely die, and Yohn Royce could die.

Misc: Sandor, Gilly, and Little Sam will live.  Beric and Melisandre will die.

Special cases:  So I have some theories which if they turn out to be true will result in some specific deaths if not those deaths won't happen.  The theory is that the Arya is the waif theory is true and she will kill Bran.  If true Arya/waif, Bran, and Gendry will die.  If not true Gendry might die but Arya and Bran will be safe.

For the next episode:

Expected to die: Grey Worm, Beric (heroically, this is his fight), Edd, Pod, and Lyanna Mormont,

Good chance to die: Yohn Royce, Theon, Missandei, Gilly, Brienne, Davos and Tormund

Possible but unlikely: Jon, Bran, Arya, Gendry, Dany, Jaime, and Jorah.

Safe: Sansa, Tyrion, and Sam

On 4/23/2019 at 5:56 AM, Tianzi said:

Calling it: Gendry is going to bite it, now that he's served his purpose, Arya will turn out to be preggo by him with the last Robert's grandbastard.

I see the final moments now. The Faceless Baby murders Cercei's sprog, don's its identity and while suckling at Cercei's teat as she sits on the Iron Throne, pulls out a pin and stabs her through the heart!

On 4/18/2019 at 1:30 AM, Obsidian Knight said:

I hope that Brienne stays with Jamie. ^_^

Sorry but I predict that Jamie will die in Brienne's embrace... unless they die in eachothers.  
Then Sansa will kill Cercie while wearing Jamie's face... even though it would be more fun to watch her killing the Mountain while wearing the Hound's face

I think in terms of who bites it in ep 3 it depends on if the WW storyline continues at all past it. But in general I’d say 

safe : Dany, Jon, Sansa, the hound, Jamie, tyrion  

pretty dead : Theon, Grey worm (and or missendei), beric, 

50/50 or could go either way: tormund, brienne, pod, davos, Arya, bran, Varys, Jorah , edd, gendry 

On 4/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, princess brittany said:

i have a feeling he will and brianne. i have a feeling that most of the people in that room would be dead.

A light bulb just went off. ALL of those people will die. That was it. That was their final moment to enjoy life. It was nice knowing them. 

Not sure about the death order, but fwiw here are my predictions:

Jamie will survive... still has unfinished business with his sister

Sandor will survive...still has unfinished business with his brother, Gregor.

Winterfell will fall and the survivors will re-group on the Iron Islands for possible counter attack while King's Landing comes under siege.  

At least one Stark will die, probably Arya, whose list is pretty much complete and carries a lot of 'death' baggage.

Bran is a warg and will control or partially control a dragon at the end.

Gendry is the bastard son of Robert Baratheon and, flying under the radar,  may play a role in governance at the end.

I only have a couple of ideas so far on this. 

I think Jaimie will die a sacrificial heroes death. That seems to be the arc of a character like him. He will get to save someone else big. 

I think Melisandre will be hung by Jon as promised after she fulfills her purpose. 

Some deaths I think may be obvious. Some not. Some key characters will die and it will be very shocking. There is no happy ending just an acceptable one. 

I think Danny will die by the end. 

Im not sure about Brienne. She seems as likely to live.

Any fighter is as likely to die.

Maybe Sansa. What is her purpose now? She has also fulfilled hers.

If Bran dies it will be because all the magic dies and so the dragons and night walkers will too.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, Bran the Shipper said:

Here is my predictions of who is going to, or likely to die in episode 3.

Of the Night's watch brothers: Jon will survive, Ed will likely die, and Sam will definitely die.  I'm surprised by how many people think he is safe when every scene in this episode made it more and more likely that he is going to die.

I thought we all agreed that Sam lives because he is the one who wrote this story we are reading and watching.  (think Samwise Gamgee)

On 4/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, hallam said:

When considering compensation for an actor, there are two important considerations. The first and most important is their ability to sell the film. That is how some actors ended up receiving seven and eight figure payouts for what were essentially cameo roles. Like when Marlong Brando was signed for $3.5 million plus 11.5% of the gross for a role in Superman lasting less then five minutes.

Actors usually get an additional fee for each day of filming and for other days working.

Paying actors 'per episode' would make absolutely no sense for a production like Game of Thrones where there are multiple film units, multiple sets, etc. And in case you hadn't noticed, none of the characters appear in every episode.

What does happen is that the production gives out rough numbers and the press divide by the number of episodes. But the leads are being paid 'up to' $10 million for a season of which at least half is a lump sum and the rest variable according to how it will impact other work.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister on HBO's Game of Thrones, received a big raise for the final season of the blockbuster series. According to court documents for a lawsuit involving Coster-Waldau and his former manager, Jill Littman, Coster-Waldau made $1,066,667 per episode for Season 8. The documents confirm Coster-Waldau appears in all six episodes of the final season (previous reports indicated he would only appear in four).

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a22865511/nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-season-8-salary/

16 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister on HBO's Game of Thrones, received a big raise for the final season of the blockbuster series. According to court documents for a lawsuit involving Coster-Waldau and his former manager, Jill Littman, Coster-Waldau made $1,066,667 per episode for Season 8. The documents confirm Coster-Waldau appears in all six episodes of the final season (previous reports indicated he would only appear in four).

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/a22865511/nikolaj-coster-waldau-game-of-thrones-season-8-salary/

Whoa. Anyone else appear in all 6 episodes?

On 4/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, Error-504 said:

He is being paid $6.4 million for the season. Jamie was reportedly one of the actors who sighed a long term contract a couple of seasons ago. They wouldn't know how many episodes he would be used in then and all the top five would be getting the same amount and have clauses to the effect that they all get the same raises 

Methinks Cersei is getting $6.4 million this season as well despite not appearing this week and almost certainly not next week either.

At any rate, the fact he has been in three feature films since despite being one of the leads in the the longest and bloodiest fight scene so far looks more likely to mean he is a gonna.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I only have a couple of ideas so far on this. 

I think Jaimie will die a sacrificial heroes death. That seems to be the arc of a character like him. He will get to save someone else big. 

I think Melisandre will be hung by Jon as promised after she fulfills her purpose. 

Some deaths I think may be obvious. Some not. Some key characters will die and it will be very shocking. There is no happy ending just an acceptable one. 

I think Danny will die by the end. 

Im not sure about Brienne. She seems as likely to live.

Any fighter is as likely to die.

Maybe Sansa. What is her purpose now? She has also fulfilled hers.

If Bran dies it will be because all the magic dies and so the dragons and night walkers will too.

I think Jamie will die saving Bran. It is the most logical arc for him and the reason why Bran called him an old friend.

Of course, killing the Night king turns Jamie into the new Night's king!

And his hand regenerates so he can fulfill the valonquar prophecy.

On 4/24/2019 at 6:28 PM, lakin1013 said:

I thought we all agreed that Sam lives because he is the one who wrote this story we are reading and watching.  (think Samwise Gamgee)

Unless Martin and D&D are included in that we, I'm not sure I'd put much stock in it.  Sam can't write this story because he wasn't involved in most of it.  The only part of it he could write is the War for Dawn, but he'd miss: the War of Five Kings, Dany's rise to power in Essos, Arya's adventures in Braavos, plus much more.  And we don't see him tracking everyone down to chronicle their stories before their likely death in the next episode.

That's not to say that he won't survive and go on to be the writer, he could.  I just don't find it likely anymore.

54 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

Unless Martin and D&D are included in that we, I'm not sure I'd put much stock in it.  Sam can't write this story because he wasn't involved in most of it.  The only part of it he could write is the War for Dawn, but he'd miss: the War of Five Kings, Dany's rise to power in Essos, Arya's adventures in Braavos, plus much more.  And we don't see him tracking everyone down to chronicle their stories before their likely death in the next episode.

That's not to say that he won't survive and go on to be the writer, he could.  I just don't find it likely anymore.

I hear what you're saying, but it would fit with his character if he were to make great efforts to interview all the witnesses as they're gathered together then take himself off to the Citadel to spend the rest of his life in the archives.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:37 AM, hallam said:

I think Jamie will die saving Bran. It is the most logical arc for him and the reason why Bran called him an old friend.

Of course, killing the Night king turns Jamie into the new Night's king!

And his hand regenerates so he can fulfill the valonquar prophecy.

I was wrong about Melisandre, but now you know why I don't gamble with money, lol. 

Archived