Aren't Sansa & Tryion still legally married?

SansaJonRule

In book canon, they are.

In show canon, as ludicrous as it may sound, no. Simply put, Littlefinger said "by the law of state, she's no man's wife". That is why she could have married Ramsay. So, that marriage is, for all purposes, annulled. 

4 hours ago, Risto said:

In book canon, they are.

In show canon, as ludicrous as it may sound, no. Simply put, Littlefinger said "by the law of state, she's no man's wife". That is why she could have married Ramsay. So, that marriage is, for all purposes, annulled. 

Thanks, I don't recall that comment (you'd think I would since I just watched the whole series again a few months ago).

I know it's not important, I was just curious since they were reunited in this episode.

In the book Sansa doesn't have anything to do with Boltons. They're Jeynes problem. Moot point when they decide to exchange the three girls.  In the show I think the marriage wasn't ever annulled in the eyes of the faith and even in the eyes of the crown Littlefinger probably pulled one over and whatever they know isn't real either. 

BUT the crown is Cerseis now, so who knows what she would do about the legality. AND why would anyone want this to be real? Boltons are defeated. Tyrion and Sansa could join forces of they had a reason and say it was secretly consummated, therefore legitimizing and reinstating it. No reason to though. Let it die.

Maybe (Mayyyyybe) if Dany finds out after Jon's identity is revealed? A stretch to keep the North. But you can't force the North, she's smart enough to know.

But also... Has Tyrion -eh hum- bedded anyone since his "wedding"? Maybe he subconsciously needs confirmation of annulment since he wouldn't even do Shae afterwards. He didn't become a scoundrel til after his first nuptial disaster. 

Archived